[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone living on an island with no future anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 2000x1333
Ask someone living on an island with no future anything.
>>
So how does your future look.
>>
>>52201395
trick question, theyll be a state soon enough
>>52201359
<3 you puerto rico
>>
Why don't you go to the US of A?

Also, do you like football?
>>
File: hqdefault1.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault1.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>
>>52201395
Looks bright. Our economy will be on par with Germany's in no time.

>>52201449
Thanks. I appreciate your kindness.
>>
is it true that Puerto Ricans are racist?
>>
>>52201455
I don't know. I have all my friends here, I guess. I don't like any sport, to be honest. Does Golf count?
>>
>>52201359
Pay debts
>>
>>52201529
Usually only towards people that are racist towards us and many other latinos. All latinos hate each other, so that's not much of a surprise. Just got off a hispanic thread where an Argentinian was calling memblack. Ironic, I know.
>>
>>52201585
No.
>>
>>52201359
why do you have to invent reggaeton? is shit
>>
Why is it so bad? I thought its US soil?
>>
>>52201578
Golf is certainly a sport, it's even in th Olympics.
Is it popular in PR?
>>
File: mC7cTyN3.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
mC7cTyN3.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>52201359
>living on an island
> no future

What's the most popular job in Puerto Rico?
>>
>>52202033
I used to work for a POS company that catered to golf courses and we had a few in PR
>>
>>52201359
You still have a future.
It's called, move to the US. :^)
>>
>>52201879
There is nowhere on the planet that the Spanish have governed for long periods of time that is good.
>>
File: 5891389853_5db291030c.jpg (191 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
5891389853_5db291030c.jpg
191 KB, 500x333
UH PUERTO RICOOOOOOOO
>>
>>52202134
He's right just move to Miami tico
>>
Why can't you pronounce the letter r when you're speaking in Spanish, but you can when you're speaking in English?
>>
>>52201805
Hey buddy. I don't like reggaeton any more than you do. I don't know how anybody else could like it either.

>>52201879
The crime rates are exceptionally high, there aren't many jobs, the people are lazy, reggaeton is a thing, ant the U.S. isn't doing jack shit about it. The thing is, we have the potential to have a strong economy. We have VERY good soil for farming and agriculture. The problem is that, like I said before, the people are lazy and poor.mThe lower-class majority have the potential to improve the island's economy. Now, a pro to this island is that this place is beautiful. There is so much to do and the hotels here are better most other hotels I've been to in my life. And I've been to many places.
>>
>>52202192
*PUELTO LIIIICO
>>
>>52202071
I honestly don't think it's that popular. My father and some of his friends are the only people I know who play Golf besides myself.

>>52202071
I honestly didn't know until you just asked me this. A quick Google search taught me that the most popular jobs here are, get this, teachers, security guards, sanitation, construction workers, among other poorfag jobs. Damn, am I lucky to be middle-class.

>>52202150
Can't argue with that.
>>
But we already have a /carib/ thread going.
>>
>>52202260
I can pronounce the letter r perfectly. Most people that I know can and do. In fact, I feel like the only person who DOESN'T pronounce the" r" properly. I can do it, but it's easier not to. I say ot with ease in english because it's easier. When I try to use the "r" in Spanish, it just sounds awkward.
>>
>>52202640
I was just on that /carib/ thread now. This thread is specifically about Puerto Rico.
>>
>>52202721
And just what the fuck makes you so goddamn special, fucking rice and bean eating island nigger shitcunt.
>>
>>52202199
Hmmm... I dunno... Miami is a scary place full of scary dudes. If other latinos don't want my head, psychopaths wearing animal masks do.
>>
>>52202785
Hey, no need to be hostile. I just want people to ask me questions about my island here. I didn't see any people asking Puerto Ricans anything they're asking me here on there. I never said I was more special than anyone. Just calm down.
>>
>>52201529
I'm Puerto Rican and I hate niggers and sandniggers. I'm also weary of people from South Asia too, for whatever reason.
>>
I'm 5'4, what are the chances I could find a girl to date me if I moved to PR?

>tfw got cucked by my mom and dad
>>
>>52202921
lol chil bro I'm just joshing
;^)
>>
>>52201359
bajate a la playa y follate a cualquier negra

salu2
>>
>>52202935
I'm just racist towards people that are racist towards me. The only black people I don't like are the ones everyone else hates. I'm talking about the Bloods and Crips kind of niggers. The ones that think all white people are devils and constantly refer to each other as "nigga" and are just plain fucking stupid. I have mixed opinions about muslims. I know that they're not all terrorists, but it just feels like they are.
>>
>>52202592
Teacher is one of the popular jobs? that's interesting.
Speaking of which, is that true some puerto ricans don't speak english well? I know you guys are bilinguals but I read some news reporting that some PR expats in US are strrugling with getting new job or studying at school because they don't understand English very well.
Aren't you guys all perfect bilinguals?
>>
>>52202964
Pretty high I guess. They're not so hard to get. In my school, back in 8th grade, there was this student from the U.S. that, by the way,looked so much like a jew. I used to bother him because of that. Anyway, not ONE semester through, je was already in a relationship with someone. He didn't know even a bit of spanish.
>>
>>52203198
Yes, that is very true. I know that my english is flawless. My english is so good, in fact, that WAY back when I was in third grade living in the U.S.A (yes, to all those people that tell me I should move to the U.S.A, I DID live there for a while), I was the one correcting the AMERICANS' grammar mistakes. But, like all foreign countries, there's always people that don't know a foreign language. Funny thing is, English is technically our official language. I don't know about the immigrants part, though. Last time Inheard something like those things happen was in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.
>>
>>52201359
Slovenia?
>>
>>52203198
I also want to learn either German or Russian as my third language. Those two languages are useless out of their respective countries. But I guess I only want to learn them because I a big Germanyboo/Russiaboo.
>>
>>52203505
No... Puerto Rico.
>>
Sorry for all my grammar mistakes. I'm tired.
>>
>>52203460
What made you move back?
>>
Can I move and work there if I know zero Spanish? My life is at a dead end right now and at least I have muh heritage reasons to go to PR. I saw some demographic survey you have to fill out to move there and it was all in Spanish, mfw
>>
>>52203699
It was my father whomwante to move back.mHe said it was boring where we lived (we lived in Northern Florida, close to Alabama) and that he didn't as much friends there than he did on rhe island. I actually agreed with him for some stupid reason. I guess I just got really happynwhen we would stay here for every summer and winter. The truth is that now, looking back, I enjoyed being in the U.S. better than here. Not like if we profited much more there than here. My father made about the same amount of money that he makes over here, so financially, it wasn't much of a problem to go back.
>>
>>52203797
Yeah, definitely. I know a lot of Americans who don't know Spanish here and are living a normal life. Almost everyone who lives in upper middle-class to upper-class areas speak English perfectly. There's literally hundreds of Americans that live where I live. There's only one problem. The entire island is plagued with normies.
>>
Shit, I keep typing m's instead of spaces. Fucking huge ass iPad.
>>
>>52204015
Do you have a job and if so, what industry? Any industries/careers that are doing well and looking for new people there? Thinking more of office/white-collar type jobs.

I ask because it's difficult to get a picture of what the PR economy is actually like here, beyond just that it's kind of shitty. Even that might not be true, lel.
>>
>>52203797
Something else, when you move here, it's not so different from the U.S. It all feels strangely... First-world. Puerto Rico IS techincally a third-world island. There are many poor areas,,but there are some municipalities in which they are almost nonexistant. I believe all of the private schools are bilingual, too. Hell, I have anfriend that literally has a luxurious modern mansion on a hilltop smack in the middle of a poor area. Ifmyou're a rich foreigner, you don't have to pay taxes because our shitty government is shitty.
>>
Why so hesitant about becoming a state? Is your government just pulling shenanigans or do PRs fear the loss of autonomy?

You could always pull a Texas.
>>
>>52204120
Not yet. Still in 12th grade. Turned 18 in May. I want to be either a politician, a lawyer, a stock brker, or all three.
>>
Why not apply for citizenship elsewhere?
>>
Just give PR its independence already so we can deport all these fucking Puerto Rican monkeys here.
PR's are even more chimpish than their central American counterparts.
>>
>>52204324
I guess the lower-class people just really hate Americans. People are literally voting for statehood a few years and staying a coomonwealth other years. Why? Simply because the rest of their family has been supporting that political group for decades and they can't get opinions of their own.
>>
>>52204202
What is the likelyhood of PR becoming a state? What's the political clinate like there? Are you guys in the process? Does the majority want statehood?
>>
>>52204403
Apply formehat citizenship? U.S. citizenship? We're born with that.

>>52204461
Why is that exactly?
>>
>>52204648
*For what
>>
>>52201359
you guys have more future than us lol
>>
>>52204691
RARE
>>
>>52204710
common desu
>>
>>52204710
Bahamas is common.
>>
>>52204489
The likelihood is high, now with more and more American politicians wanting statehood for our island. The chances of it happening in the next... Say... 8 years? Is unlikely. It took the U.S. more than 50 years to make Hawaii a state. for 50 years Hawaii voted for statehood before being finally accepted.
>>
>>52204691
I don't know much about politics in the Bahamas. Can you fill me in a little?
>>
>>52204710
Mate, Cambodia above is more rare.
>>
File: help me god.png (46 KB, 688x750) Image search: [Google]
help me god.png
46 KB, 688x750
>>52204874
The government always promises to """""""fix"""""" the crime problem, our economy etc. then they spend money on unnecessary things while basically selling the country out to chinks. The very fact that I wasn't killed by a machete wielding haitian while I was walking earlier this evening

pic unrelated
>>
>>52201359
Is Puerto Rico worth visiting as a tourist?
>>
>>52205006
I didnt even finish my last sentence woops
add 'is astounding' to the end of it
>>
>>52201359

What is good about your island that you are sad to see go to waste?

I'm from Jersey and I hate to see our excellent town location completely neglected. The waterfront could be vastly improved, especially given the wealth we have.

Our pristine south western bays are also wasted on a few rich cunts awful houses and a couple of shit Portuguese run cafes.
>>
>>52205006
That's it. That's our government. Minus the selling the land to chinks bit, you just perfectly described our government.
>>
>>52204818
Never happening. We're not fucking up our flag for Puerto Rico.
>>
What do Puerto Ricans think of regular Americans? Do you love us like we love other states?
>>
>>52205121
There's popular support for it here, it's going to happen within 10 years
>>
>>52205206
I heard the same thing 20 years ago. It's never happening.

N E V E R
E
V
E
R
>>
>>52205062
Yes. Really worth it. The Sights are beautiful, we have more than one contest-winning beach, there's a lot to do, with the El Yunque rainforest being nominated for being one of the wonders of the world, the beautiful Old San Juan, the hotels and resorts, etc. It really is definitely worth checking out.
>>
>>52205515
I meant as a sex tourist.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 628x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 628x180
>>52205121
These designs don't look that bad. I like the circular one.

>>52205080
Everything. Everything on the island is going to shit. It is all sad to see.
>>
>>52205582
Well... I guess... Yeah.
>>
Those are all the questions I will answer tonight. Got midterms tomorrow and I gotta get some rest. I'll be back at 1:30 PM tomorrow to answer any unanswered questions. Just look up Puerto Rico when you search the OP's. See ya.
>>
>>52205206
>popular support
yeah among puerto ricans, everyone else looks at $70 billion in debt and says fuck no
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21 KB, 293x164) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21 KB, 293x164
r u guys white ?
>>
>>52205984
I guess I got time for one more answer. Yes, contrary to popular belief, we are mostly white.
>>
>>52205984

Keep in mind "white" is as much a blanket term as "black"
>>
File: 1439564680662.jpg (34 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1439564680662.jpg
34 KB, 900x900
>>52202199
>>52202798
>>
And one last thing, 1:30 PM translates to... well... Texas is 4 hours ahead of us, so it's 9:30 AM in the southwest. You can figure out the rest.
>>
>>52205794
>>popular support
>yeah among puerto ricans
That's not how polls work you dumb fuck
>>
>>52206220
And... What's the issue?
>>
>>52205984

No. Puerto Ricans are a mix of African, Spanish and Indian, but it's subtle, unlike Mexicans which you can tell they got some serious Indian blood.

When you look at any reageatton singer from PR, you can see they have all 3 ethnicity, and most Puerto Ricans look like that (give or take the buzzcut and diamond earrings). I'd consider about 30% of the island 'white' (i.e. Spanish blood with little to no admixture) since that's as white as Puerto Ricans can get.
>>
File: lel.jpg (14 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
14 KB, 294x294
>>52206718
>spanish
>white

kek
>>
>>52201648
I'm like Mexican and I like Puerto Ricans and Cubans, they're like Mexico's little buddies
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.