[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>L'etat c'est moi t. Louis XIV What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg (2 MB, 1390x1975) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg
2 MB, 1390x1975
>L'etat c'est moi
t. Louis XIV

What did he mean by this?
>>
that the nation is the instrument of his will

it is suppose to be the counter to constitutional monarchy
>>
>>52199183
That France and the institutions around himself wouldn't mean shit without him. Which makes sense since he re-built them both entirely at the time he was at the commands.
>>
>>52199343
<a href="jw.org">Benevolent Dictatorship is the supreme/ultimate form of government </a>
<br>
Caveats:
<br>
Said dictator must be; omnipotent, benevolent, immortal, transcendent, etc
>>
>>52199343
<a href="jw.org">Benevolent Dictatorship is the supreme/ultimate form of government </a>
<br>
Caveats:
<br>
Said dictator must be; omnipotent, benevolent, immortal, transcendent, etc
>>
>>52200911
Apologies for the duplicate posts "dupes",
But I grew up on slashdot, where it is a tradition.
>>
>>52199183
That he was the state, meaning that there is no difference between him and the state.
For exemple, he didn't have funds of his "own" because his funds were the funds of the state.
>>
>>52199343
did he do a good job?
>>
Despite British propaganda depicting him as a tyrant and precursor of Hitler, he was nothing resembling 20th century despotism.
>>
>>52201376
>>52201376
Executive = being such that
Kratos1 > Kratos2
Where Executive-requires-consent-of-demos --> Kratos2
And
>L'etat-c'est-moi --> Kratos1
End
The problem is determining an objective measure for KratosX, in a capitalistic democracy that is still working on properly accounting for "externalities" in economic theory.
>>
>>52200911
<br>

<br>

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

</dignity>
>>
Louis "The Senate" XIV
>>
>>52199183
>ifyouhadoneshotoneopportunity.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM
>>
>>52199183
>What did he mean by this?
https://youtu.be/_MHusGl9BeM
>>
File: 1440932989379.jpg (167 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1440932989379.jpg
167 KB, 640x640
>>52199183
he meant this

http://www.philoo
.tk/pouvoir-12_9b6fe2091.html

http://www.philoo
.tk/pouvoir-22_f7abeb12d.html
>>
Thank you for sharing this time with me.
Maybe I'll see you guys around later.
>>
>>52199183
>french fabulous men
kek
>>
>>52201874
Yes, he was a brilliant monarch and one of their finest and best loved Kings.

Pls reinstall monarchy.
>>
>>52209618
>glorious Frenchman who buttfucked Spain several times

Lul
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.