[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ethiopia >population: 100 million Literally what. And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
>Ethiopia
>population: 100 million
Literally what. And don't tell me it's because it's in Africa, most african countries have notably lower populations, 100 million is fucking 10% of the entire continent. What the fuck happened?
>>
semites
>>
Nigeria has 185 million
>>
Italians, as always, were too incompetent to conquer them and exploit their native populace. That's why they were free to breed.

Only in WW2 was Italy able to briefly hold this disgusting country, by which time the world was already too SJW.
>>
>>52183961
>What the fuck happened?
Fucking, I guess
>>
>>52183961
Nothing is less funnier than them having the lowest IQ in the planet and them being landlocked.

But the funniest thing is how /pol/tards try to praise it, just because they are Christians...
>>
>>52183961
It was/(is?) one of the few real states in Africa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Empire
no wonder europeans cuted its seaaccess.
>>
>>52184044
>this disgusting country
why do you hate Ethiopia?
>>
>>52183961
colonialism :^)
>>
>inb4 ethiopia is white
>inb4 ethiopia is black
>inb4 ethiopia is arab
>inb4 ethiopia is christian
>inb4 ethiopia is muslim
>inb4 le liberel redpilled man says ethiopians are bro tier
>>
Why are there jews in there?
>>
>>52184139
They're responsible for all the spinach and mushrooms I had to eat, and the motherfuckers weren't even starving.
>>
>>52184139
why would he not hate it?
>>
>>52184044
Fuck you Ethiopia is a bro-tier country, they help us fighting the Somali onslaught.
>>
>>52184139

Because they're poor as shit and incompetent.
>>
>>52184229
called it
>>
>>52183961
literally only white country in africa. why do you hate them
>>
>>52184035
Nigeria's high population is globally exceptional, in case you think >100 million is an average anywhere in the world.
>>
>>52184278
>have one shot at colonisation
>be colonized by the brits

How can you fuck up so badly ?
>>
>every year """human""" rights organisation cry about muh ethiopia hunger
Wonder fucking why they have lack of food
>>
>>52184227
Just hating random people, on a continent away from you, seems odd
>>
>>52184044
iirc European colonialists encouraged high birthrates in their colonies to provide more cheap labor. So if anything not being fully colonized would lower their population.
>>
>>52184327
you colonised the brits, how did YOU fuck up so badly?
>>
File: Ethiopians Are White.jpg (150 KB, 462x514) Image search: [Google]
Ethiopians Are White.jpg
150 KB, 462x514
>>52184287
t. Whatever a stereotypical Ethiopian name is
>>
>>52183961
well its obviously due to poverty, if you have many kids you are essentially investing in a future breadwinner. the cause of the poverty itself is a little bit harder to explain...
>selassie was an incompetent control freak with a messiah complex
>country never modernised due to his mismanagement, he also took up arms against regional princes and aristocrats in an ill-fated attempt to centralise the country under his sole authority
>he also hated ethnic minorities (remember, ethiopia stated as an empire and ruled over many imperial regions, like the somali-majority ogaden
>in 1951 the former italian protectorate of eritrea was federated with ethiopia, but selassie dissolved the federation and annexed it, triggering a bloody independence struggle in 1961
>other minorities also start forming paramilitaries
>>
File: soceth.jpg (42 KB, 344x513) Image search: [Google]
soceth.jpg
42 KB, 344x513
>>52187108
>1974 selassie gets rekt, commies take power in a miltary coup
>whole country erupts into civil war, commies (the derg) kill hundreds of thousands in the space of a year, and then started using forced famines as a way of crushing rebellious regions
>at the height of the red terror in 1977, the communist regime in somalia invades the somali-majoirty ogaden, brief flashes of unity appear among the rest of ethiopia against the somalis and with the help of world powers ethiopia wins
>constant war causes rolling famines in the 80s
>gorbachev gets into power in the soviet union and withdraws funding and support for the derg
>more famines = more insurgencies cropping up, rebel minorities form coalition (EPDRF)
>1991, communism falls and so does the derg, "democratic" EPDRF take power
>radical minority groups unhappy with the settlement rebel again, this time in ogaden and afar region, both still ongoing
>another war with eritrea between 1998 and 2000, completely crippling the economy spending $1 million+ per day
so now, during the supposed rebuilding and modernising peace period, half of the country is under active insurgency, not modernising or improving drastically economically due to EPDRF corruption and drought and has been at war with both outside countries and itself since 1961

on a side note i just spent way, way too long writing this out
>>
We are talking about the hungry of Ethiopia. But we can´t do nothing (if you live in Ethiopia you can)
>>
Let's not forget that most of Ethiopia is non-habitable. High mountains cover most of the country.

Also Africa has 1.4 billion people.
>>
File: wat le fug.png (3 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
wat le fug.png
3 KB, 211x246
100 million and I have never met anyone from there. I've met two new zealanders but not ethiopians, what le fug where are those lanky black bastards hiding?
>>
>>52184101
Australians have the lowest IQ
Melanesians have the 2nd lowest IQ
Pygmies have the 3rd lowest IQ
>>
>>52184044
t. ahmed

>>52184204
PECULIAR FLAG
>>
>>52183961
You seem to never have seen the actual population projections for most African countries.
>>
>>52187108
>>52187239
Why have you studied Ethiopian history? Are you John Green or something?
>>
>>52188056
Ethiopia has a very interesting history actually, even before last century. Even Their alphabets and languages are cool somehow, look it up.
>>
>>52188014
That's why we must stop foreign aid.
>>
>>52184215
king david liked the chocolate goddesses
on a serious note though there are random jewish tribes across east africa, beta israel also known as ethiopan jews are pretty much the only ones who have continuously practice Judaism whereas there are many in somalia that were forced to convert to islam and said tribes are still ostracised by other tribes and accused of practising it in private.
>>
>>52188056
i'm just interested in post-colonial africa family
>>
>>52187839
Don't worry. We'll probably take a few million as they have outgrown their resource base. They therefore have a right to Finnish resources.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/ethiopia-hit-worst-drought-decades-151112154747151.html
>>
>>52183961
>México
>population: 120 million

:^)
>>
>>52184044
>disgusting country
You disgust me.
>>
>>52188874
krijg kanker
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.