[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the public reaction to Deutschland 83 in Germany? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Deutschland-83.jpg (47 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Deutschland-83.jpg
47 KB, 600x300
What is the public reaction to Deutschland 83 in Germany?

I believe it started airing there just three weeks ago.
>>
>>52164255
It had terrible ratings on TV. I haven't watched it but that probably means it's a good show.
>>
>>52164255
What about movie "Look Who's Back" ("Er ist wieder da") ?
>>
>>52164255
Didnt even hear about it until now.
>>
>>52166462
after watching ganz no one else can do hitler

but if you haven't it is a good impression

but the movie itself is a catch 22 because it tries to do a how we learn about ww2 is wrong but at the same time parodies hitler and the modern time

it looks good but the message is lost somewhere
>>
Haven't seen it but the ratings are terrible because it airs on RTL. People who want to watch something more demanding don't watch RTL and people who watch RTL don't wanna watch demanding shows,
>>
Does it include lots of Saxon and Scorpions tunes? You gotta capture the feel of those days.
>>
>>52164255
>Watching TV except for some news and political debates
Come on its 2015.
>>
>>52172242
And sports.
>>
>>52173782
well okay, that too.
>>
>>52164255
never heard anyone speak about it
>>
>>52164255
It's pretty good but it airs on RTL and is a more complex show. RTL is generally a shitty channel for that. Also, it aired at the same time when "Club der Roten Bänder" aired, which is a simple, feelsy show about some ill children with cancer forming a club. This means that they prefered the latter show.

How was Deutschland '83 recieved in America, by the way? I've heard that they wanted to air it there.
>>
first broadcast: 3.2 million watched
second: 2.05 million
third: 1.69 million

producers made a survey about why the audience dont like it. most of them complained about things like bad image of rtl (the channel which shows it), no good promotion and so on. complaints about quality of the show itself have been rare.

desu i didnt watch it myself. just heard of it after they showed episodes 3+4 and than i didnt care anyway..
>>
producers made a survey about why the audience doesnt like the show. most of them referred to bad image of rtl, no good promotion and so on.
another point is the broadcasting time on which some nobrain-action shit (cobra11) was presented for years or decades. people are used to not use their brain in that time.

desu honest i didnt watch it myself but just saw that you can watch all episodes for free here:
http://www.nowtv.de/rtl/deutschland-83/list/aktuell
maybe i will give it a try.
>>
I really enjoyed the show, at least the espionage and cultural parts. Got me on an /int/ tv show kick for a while. I felt bad for the main character though.
>dad abandoned him and doesn't care about him except to use him as a tool of the state
>aunt puts his life in danger all the time without a care
>fiance cucks him while he's serving his country because she was angry he was away for a couple of days
>risks his life twice over to save his mom's life with a transplant operation and she thanks him by hiding the fact he was cucked and supporting his gf in cucking him and even houses and financially supports the guy who cucked him
>>
>>52175655
>>52175126
>>52169627
Why did they put it on a channel like that? It'd be like The Sopranos airing on E! instead of HBO.
>>
>>52164255
No idea. I don't watch TV that much anymore.
>>
File: shocked.gif (5 KB, 569x510) Image search: [Google]
shocked.gif
5 KB, 569x510
>>52176963
>he hasn't watched Berlin Alexanderplatz
>>
File: 1426018203298.jpg (112 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1426018203298.jpg
112 KB, 554x439
>>52177132
>>
>>52177260
Watch it Biberkopf, it's a good show
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (27 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
27 KB, 300x260
>>52177132
>he hasn't been to Berlins Alexanderplatz
>>
File: franz.jpg (23 KB, 525x390) Image search: [Google]
franz.jpg
23 KB, 525x390
>>52177855
I wanted to, but now with the 800million it probably will never be worth it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.