[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE WEED ITS 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13
File: trudeau.jpg (62 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
trudeau.jpg
62 KB, 960x960
DUDE WEED ITS 2015
>>
He doesn't want to offend the Amerishoots.
>>
>>52159126
Please don't tell me this is real.
>>
>>52159126
Isn't he in the same terror cell as Ben '' flak for the union jack'' Afflack?
>>
Is he not the best looking prime minister since.... ever?
>>
>being this afraid of muslims
>>
>>52159266
Looks like a budget David Cameron
>>
>>52159205

I think the term "barbaric" in general is kind of a loaded term. Its used as an "us vs them", """primitive peoples""" kind of thing.
>>
>>52159205
It is real. He said that in 2011
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/03/multiculturalism-encourages-barbarism-canadian-mp-justin-trudeau-dont-call-honor-killings-barbaric
>>
>>52159205

Oh it's real alright.

>mfw people actually voted weedman in 2015
>>
>>52159376
They are primitive peoples though. They live in dirt and execute their daughters if they dont ALLAHU the correct AKBAR
>>
>>52159436

No they aren't primitive. They are people just like me or you. Using terms like "primitive" is just a way of making it an "others" issue. Its outdated and ugly way of thinking imho and has been used to justify colonialism in the past.
>>
>>52159376
>loaded term

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>52159537
>No they aren't primitive. They are people just like me or you

top kek

If there's anything worse than shitskins, it's the people who perform mental gymnastics to defend them

No one said that they aren't people; they obviously are. That doesn't mean they aren't savage, primitive or barbaric.

>Its outdated and ugly way of thinking imho and has been used to justify colonialism in the past.

This shit is straight out of tumblr lmao
>>
>>52159126
You can't satirize this moron.
>>
>>52159537
Fuck back to reddit.
They aren't just people. People use rational means of looking at the world around them. Information and factual data point to their ideology as being literally shit and destructive to the world around them. It isn't like I hate them for their race. I hate them for the ideas they choose not to change.
>>
>>52159376
>loaded term
>us vs them
Fucking leftists. Only they can take offence at calling honor killings barbaric, but at the same time throw a fit if someone calls a mtf tranny a man. Its like they dont stand for anything but take offence to everything.
>>
>>52159589
>That doesn't mean they aren't savage, primitive or barbaric.

What makes them "savage", "primitive" or "barbaric"? Keeping in mind that "primitive" doesn't mean the same thing as "violent", as cultures of all eras have been shown to be violent.
>>
Reddit is in this thread RIGHT NOW
>>
File: deep stare.jpg (11 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
deep stare.jpg
11 KB, 250x245
>>52159421
Wow what a faggot.
>>
>>52159622
>What makes them "savage", "primitive" or "barbaric"?

Their unchanging beliefs and practices? Do you even know what savage, primitive and barbaric mean?

Moron
>>
I agree honestly
It's not barbaric, just different. We, as a multicultural nation need to respect this aspect of their culture just as much as they respect our culture.
>>
>>52159729
>I respect killings because it's part of their culture!
>murder makes us more multicultural and culturally enriched!
>>
BRO CANNABIS LOL
>>
>>52159701
>Their unchanging beliefs and practices?

?? So if someone's beliefs don't change that makes them barbaric? Does that make you barbaric for not changing your beliefs about loaded terms like "barbaric", "savage", etc.?

They are all very very loaded terms which are based off of a very outdated concept of "civilization". Why not say "honor killings are morally wrong"? Why use really loaded term like "primitive"?

Do you realize that hunter gatherer peoples are often quite non-violent? Certainly less violent than modern societies like Australia or the USA? Do you realize that honor killings happen worldwide among people who look and act much like me or you?
>>
>>52159729
>being this keked
>>
dudes a fucking kekold
>>
>>52159811
>So if someone's beliefs don't change that makes them barbaric

Knows it's what they believe and put into practice that makes them barbaric... you're a fucking mess m8
>>
>>52159811
Because honor killings are primitive. We live in the age of free WiFi. The Baldwins are old. I dont give a shit if a term is loaded. I'm not here to give a shit about feelings. I give a shit about an outdated ideology that condones murder. One that was formed thousands of years ago in a society that could very easily fit the definition of "primitive."
>>
>>52159852
No*

>>52159811
> Do you realize that honor killings happen worldwide among people who look and act much like me or you?

TOP KEK YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING
>>
>>52159852

What beliefs are barbaric do you think? Keep in mind this term literally just means "foreigner" and has developed connotations of """"uncivilized"""" due to Eurosupremacist notions of what constitutes "civilization".
>>
>>52159861

They live in the age of free wi-fi too. They have free wifi...so what makes them """primitive"""? Maybe they are just as modern as you are, and morals have nothing to do with technological advancement? Why are you afraid to say "immoral" instead of dancing around with misleading and loaded euphemisms like "primitive"?
>>
CHAP MARIAJUANA GUFFAWING
>>
>>52159886
Okay Achmed, your wife has exposed her ankles. You know what you must do.
>Goes out, says my allahuakbarliallahshahada
>Cuts wife's head off, makes kids drink blood.
>Yells at white neighbor
"ITS A PART OF MY CULTURE AND YOU SHOULD RESPECT THAT."
>blows up train
>>
Yep, it's just different. I behead those who had sex with my sister. Don't like it? Bigot, racist. You should be executed.
>>
>"We accept that these acts are absolutely unacceptable. That's not the debate. In casual conversation, I'd even use the word barbaric to describe female circumcision, for example, but in an official Government of Canada publication, there needs to be a little bit of an attempt at responsible neutrality."

Honour killings NOT= barbaric
Female baby genital mutilation = barbaric
Male baby gential mutilation = CULTURE
>>
File: SRS in action.jpg (135 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
SRS in action.jpg
135 KB, 385x500
>>52159886
>due to Eurosupremacist notions of what constitutes "civilization".

pls be real
>>
>>52159126
nice hair though
>>
>>52159940

OK understand this. Avoiding terms like "primitive" or "barbaric" doesn't mean that honor killing is OK. Honor killing happens in all cultures, just in Western nations they might be known as "crimes of passion". A very large amount of female homicide victims in the West are killed by lovers or ex-lovers. Just when a white guy kills his gf for cheating on him, you don't call it an "honor killing".

But all that aside, terms like "primitive" have nothing to do with it. When a white guy shoots up a theater, is he "primitive"? "Barbaric"? Those terms are used simply to slam peoples who don't live like we do. You are equating Western lifestyles with good morals. But in fact the two have nothing to do with each other. There are moral and immoral ""Primitive""" peoples and moral and immoral ""modern"""" peoples.
>>
>>52159886
>What beliefs are barbaric do you think?
Apostasy
Honour killings
Permitting violence against women
Veils for women
Killing of homosexuals
Contempt of non-Muslims
Jihad

>Eurosupremacist

You're actually from tumblr, fuck off honestly
>>
>>52160019
I'd say shooting people unprovoked is pretty barbarous.
>>
>>52160019
Killing your wife for catching her cheating on you is a crime of passion. Killing your wife because your son didn't say the correct allahu to the right akbarshadaela is barbaric because it utilizes a school of thought that was formed by people who believed the earth was flat.

>When a white guy shoots up a theater, is he "primitive"?
No, he is using a feature of the modern world. If he used an axe I'd call it barbaric.
>Those terms are used simply to slam peoples who don't live like we do
Yes, people who live in dirt huts aren't primitive, they're just misguided.
>>
>>52160047

Then you are being silly, because that was done by an American, not a foreigner, and the root of barbarian is in the Greek term for foreigner.

Almost like foreigners and citizens can both be immoral people! And there's no reason to attach ideas like immorality to ones of foreignness! Wow!

Again, why not just say "immoral"? Why dance around it with terms like "barbaric" when you know its a loaded and misleading and yes, OUTDATED term?
>>
>>52160120
>OUTDATED term

IT'S
>>
>>52160114
>Killing your wife for catching her cheating on you is a crime of passion. Killing your wife because your son didn't say the correct allahu to the right akbarshadaela is barbaric because it utilizes a school of thought that was formed by people who believed the earth was flat.
?? What do you even mean by this? First of all, Muslims probably "honor kill" for the same reasons why white men commit "crimes of passion".
The "flat earth" thing was never really believed by people. If it was,what does it have to do with barbarism?
Also I can guarantee you that killing women for infidelity is likely even OLDER than Islam itself.

>Yes, people who live in dirt huts aren't primitive, they're just misguided.
They aren't misguided. People who live in dirt huts just live in dirt huts. At most you could say they are "poor" though I am sure if a white guy went to the woods and made a home out of dirt he would be praised for "going green" and being "Rustic" and "lumbersexual" or whatever else.

Oh look, I found a video of a white man doing just that:

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/2580/Watch-This-Guy-Build-An-Amazing-Shelter-In-The-Woods-Using-Only-Dirt-Trees-And-Rocks

And when a white man builds a house with dirt, he is """amazing""". When a brown man does it, he is """"primitive""" and probably also murders his wife.

Funny how that works, right? Almost like these kinds of words are racist by their nature.
>>
>>52160120
Wow, it's almost like words can take on new meanings over time!
>>
>>52159537
Muslims are people like you and I but don't you dare compare me to jihadists unless you're trying to cover your identity or just are a sympathizer
>>
File: 1238061849331.jpg (6 KB, 251x249) Image search: [Google]
1238061849331.jpg
6 KB, 251x249
>THEYRE JUST DIFFERENT
>YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND
>VICIOUSLY MURDERING DEFENSELESS WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN THE NAME OF YOUR GOD IS PERFECTLY FINE
>>
>>52160120
>talks about it being an outdated term while using the definition that the Ancient Greeks used

Yeah no shit, you fucking idiot. Of course its outdated. βάρβαρος (Barbarian) used to literally mean non-Greek.

Do you think that it still means that today in the ENGLISH language? Can the meaning of words not change over centuries?
>>
>>52160120
I wonder what year it currently is
>>
>>52160231

Doesn't make the history of those terms any better. Its like "Indian giver" or "gypped". Why oh why would you use terms like these when you can just as easily use more exact terms?

Similarly, why use a garbage term like "barbaric" to mean "immoral"?? All you are doing is conflating immoral behavior with ""the other""? What if we said that "wow honor killings are really brazilian" as a pejorative? How would that make Brazilians come across?
>>
>>52159983
I want to go up to this guy and shake his hand for being a fearless inspiration.
>>
>>52160274 see >>52160288

>>52160259
Avoiding terms like "barbarian" does not mean you think its "perfectly fine" either.
>>
>>52160288
Take your PC mentality and yourself and go feet first into a wood chipper

V A R V A R O S
A
R
V
A
R
O
S
>>
>>52160288
Because an Us vs Them mentality is useful. I'm not interested in preserving their shitty sense of culture because their culture is inherently inferior and deserves to die out. They were unsuccessful in creating a peaceful living space in the middle east and want to bring that same shitty mentality to where I live.
>>
>>52160288
>because barbarian used to mean non-Greek/foreigner thousands of years ago in a different language means that we cannot use it today

I love how you leftists love to control the language. Go fuck yourself.
>>
DONT CALL ME A CELT IM NOT A FOREIGNER I RESIDE IN THESE LANDS
>>
Hell its like when kids used terms like "gay" or "lame" or "retarded" to mean "bad". Yes, terms do evolve, and they probably didn't literally mean that the new Spiderman movie was literally homosexual. But at the same time, what kind of message does "oh no I don't mean gay like gay I mean gay like BAD" send?

What if I said "honor killings are gay" or "honor killings are lame" or "honor killings are retarded"?

Its the same thing with "honor killings are primitive" or "honor killings are barbaric".

The only difference is that one was coined by the clueless men of the contemporary era, and the other was coined by clueless men of the imperialist era.
>>
File: 1443455739783.png (2 MB, 1786x1030) Image search: [Google]
1443455739783.png
2 MB, 1786x1030
>>52160312
It is an apt description for viciously murdering defenseless women and children in the name of your god though. There is nothing civilized about it because it literally refers to a time where barbaric rites such as honor killings and living sacrifices (in the name of Allah) were common.
>>
>>52160406
>Hell its like when kids used terms like "gay" or "lame" or "retarded" to mean "bad

You really a good little PC kek aren't you?

>What if I said "honor killings are gay" or "honor killings are lame" or "honor killings are retarded"?

... A retarded PC kek.
>>
>>52160406
I'm gay and I still call people faggots. I dont want the shitskins to come over here and kill me because their cowfucking prophet says its cool.
>>
>>52160352

Why do you think Western people started using "foreigner" to mean "immoral" and "bad" in the first place?

Hint: it has to do with ugly imperialist notions of Eurosupremacy.

>>52160351

I am sure that many many people would say the same thing about your culture.
>>
>>52160441
I thought south park settled the faggots argument for good desu, but no, leftist 'academics' have to ruin fun for everybody.
>>
File: golden lel.jpg (304 KB, 1460x1460) Image search: [Google]
golden lel.jpg
304 KB, 1460x1460
>>52160457
>notions of Eurosupremacy

It's not a notion; it's true. Our culture and history is superior. Does me saying this trigger you?
>>
>>52160457
No, it has to do with US and THEM politics, and in-grouping and out-grouping, which YOU are guilty of when you blame everything on the west in an attempt to delegitimise everything you don't like.

At least racists and people on the right are honest about us and them style tactics, you pretend it's for justice and then define the us and them more cold-heartedly and surreptitiously than the worst kind of divisive politics you could think of.
>>
>>52160426

"""Honor killings""" are common in the current time though. Yes they are very old, but you can say that about any type of murder. You can say that about sex. You can say that about music.
"Old" doesn't mean the same thing as "bad".
Hell, the idea of """civilization""" itself is far older than Islam. ""Civilization"" (itself a pretty loaded term) is not the same thing as "bad" and it's certainly not thte same thing as "recent".
And none of them have anything to do with "barbaric" which refers to foreigners.
Why use "uncivilized" or "barbaric" to mean "immoral"?

>>52160441

So you would have no problem if the Canadian prime minister got on stage and said "people who commit honor killings are faggots"? Really? You sure? Even if you are a precious edgy snowflake, it doesn't make that term reasonable. It would be homophobic to say it even if the meaning has "evolved" to mean "bad". (
>>
File: 1368217228898.jpg (28 KB, 577x435) Image search: [Google]
1368217228898.jpg
28 KB, 577x435
>>52160457
>Why do you think Western people started using "foreigner" to mean "immoral" and "bad" in the first place?

Because ultimately, Western nations have evolved into refuges of peace whereas the desert nations are still a battlefield for countless religious splinter groups who spend their spare time killing each other and LITERALLY thinking they're doing gods work. How retarded is that?
>>
>>52160523

What makes Europe "superior"? Europe and its offshoots have killed far far more people than Arabic civilization has.
>>
>>52160288
Nobody gives a shit about this PC garbage.
The word "bad" comes from a slur against hermaphrodites and effeminate men. Are you gonna stop using that word, then? I'm guessing not, because its meaning has changed dramatically over time. Same thing happened to barbaric. It gained new meanings. The dictionary has accepted it, you should too. Choosing to be offended just to sound morally superior is really annoying and I wish liberals would stop doing that.

>>52160457
>I am sure that many many people would say the same thing about your culture.
People can say whatever they want about any culture they want, but some things are fact. A culture that can't breed peace and goes on genocidal crusades every week or two is an inferior one through any perspective that matters.
>>
>>52160560
>Why use "uncivilized" or "barbaric" to mean "immoral"?
Because OUR standards are the right ones, otherwise we wouldn't be fucking using them.

Criticising them and trying to improve them has its place, but not in the form of 'omg u cant say that!!!' oikophobic twaddle
>>
File: barbaric.png (9 KB, 538x203) Image search: [Google]
barbaric.png
9 KB, 538x203
>>52160605
*forgot pic
>>
File: 1327869170516.jpg (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1327869170516.jpg
71 KB, 300x300
>>52160560
Getting hung up on definitions is not an effective means of communicating and solving a problem though even though I might understand why you are trying to do it. Because it is very effective in slowing down debates on actual issues that need to be resolved.
>>
>>52160586
>Western nations have evolved into refuges of peace

No they haven't. WWII is still in living memory, friend. You cannot say that Western nations are suddenly peaceful. Pretty sure a country like Tuvalu would be more peaceful anyway. Maybe we should use the term "German" to mean violent instead?

"Honor killings are really German....oh no I don't mean literally from Germany, I mean immoral and violent. Words evolve, you see".
How does that make you feel?
>>
>>52160592
The vast majority of scientific progress during the last 100 year has been done in the West. Dont even try to deny it.
>>
File: crying lel.jpg (19 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
crying lel.jpg
19 KB, 250x189
>>52160592
>What makes Europe "superior"? Europe and its offshoots have killed far far more people than Arabic civilization has.
>>
File: abbott-2014.jpg (41 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
abbott-2014.jpg
41 KB, 450x300
>>52159606
>Getting baited this easily
>>
>>52160647
>ultimately

Honor killings aren't German though. Besides, whose honor is defended anyway by slaughtering women and children?
>>
>>52160648

Is scientific progress the only measure? If so then we should also acknowledge that the Islamic world has been fast to adapt technology (ISIS uses social media to great effect for example, are they superior to third world villagers who don't have smartphones?)

If you consider killing and violence, Europe has been responsible for the lion's share in the last 100 years. WWII and WWI were both started by Europeans. Not to mention all the racism and imperialism in these last 100 years. Muslims haven't even come close.
>>
>>52160719

>Honor killings aren't German though.
No no no, I don't mean LITERALLY German. I meant "violent". I use "German" to mean "violent and immoral" just like you use "barbaric" to mean "violent and immoral". Words can change meanings so that makes it okay!

Yep, honor killings are awfully German.
>>
why is there a tumblrina in 4chan?
The whole thread is evidently a big bait
>>
File: 1334503554478.jpg (173 KB, 475x583) Image search: [Google]
1334503554478.jpg
173 KB, 475x583
>>52160766
Barbaric does not relate to a nation mate. Your argument is literally invalid. You almost baited me though.
>>
>>52160733
Islam is literally arab imperialism the religion and spreads itself through fear of what will happen to you if you're an unbeliever. Has more conquest and violent expansion and terror and assurance of its own superiority than any of the european empires ever did AND shows no signs of remorse or change. The European's only crime was being successful and not realising how much horror industrialisation of war could bring.
>>
>>52160766
If you and a humongous group of people use it over a prolonged period of time then it'll become an acceptable definition of the word, possibly the primary one if used for accept very long time and the current primary one fades into obscurity for some reason.

But in the short term this is weak b8 m8
>>
>>52160766
So German is a swear word now guys. I'm cool with this.
>>
>>52160441

>I'm gay and I still call people faggots.

How old are you?

I think anyone who grew up in the 90s (and isn't soft skinned as fuck) has lost any and ALL meaning the word faggot has, because EVERYONE called each other a faggot as just a catch all insult at that time.
>>
>>52161047
>>
>>552160592
>>52160733
liberty
justice for all
economic success
efficient infrastructure
competent doctors
quality education
striving for world peace (it's true fuck you)
fair rule of law
scientific and technological achievements
equality
abolishing slavery
freedom
democracy
stable governments
governments chosen by the people
secure societies
freedom of thought
the possibility for any man to rise above his station
free enterprise

i could go on and on you get the point

this is what makes civilization, people who don't have civilization are called barbarians yes and i love how angry you get about it

this goes for the usa as well
>>
>LIBERAL MORAL RELATIVISM
>>
>>52159266
Debatable.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.