[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why makes German engineering the best in the world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: v dub.jpg (21 KB, 393x297) Image search: [Google]
v dub.jpg
21 KB, 393x297
Why makes German engineering the best in the world?
>>
That's memes. Japanese are better these days.
>>
Their competitive advantage earned by stealing projects and research from other countries during the Blitzkrieg.
>>
>>52132866
No, that is the US of A.

Rocketry,Jet Planes..you name it.

Also the german empire was leading on natural science nobel prizes during its time.

Most in WW2 was built on that inheritance.

Also anon is right, the japanese are better nowadays.
>>
File: german culture.jpg (337 KB, 735x1354) Image search: [Google]
german culture.jpg
337 KB, 735x1354
Their culture
>>
File: 1366130653990.jpg (23 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1366130653990.jpg
23 KB, 449x500
>>52133119
I thought canadians could understand the concept of duty.
>>
It's not. For example Mercedes are one of the worst in the world for build quality and reliability. The others like BMW and Audi aren't great either
>>
File: 1387487682331.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1387487682331.png
108 KB, 400x381
>>52132708
Rice cars
>>
>>52132977
We stole Wernher von Braun fair and square.
>>
>>52129424
the Motors in German cars tend to be pretty good, they mostly have problems with electrical issues, some from really stupid oversights, for example most of the newer BMWs were having problem with a fiber-optic cable they used for communication with most of the modules in the car being just short enough that it would un-plug itself while you were driving, causing the car to shut off pretty much everything. the recall/warranty fix is a new fiber-optic cable that's about 6-7cm longer laid right under the carpet of the car, leading to a big lump customers complain about.
>>
They ignore basic environmental standards
>>
>>52129424
easy... we cheat
>>
Germans don't fuck around
>>
>>52133344

>be 17
>uncle gives me a 2001 c class
>110000 miles on it
>the stupid hydraulic windshield wiper breaks
>cost almost $400 to fix that
>mechanic tells me a few hoses need to be replaced and a few other things
>going to be about $2k
>Fuctkhat.jpg
>sell it to Russian kid at school for 3k
>he crashes it that summer
>buy a Honda civic with no problems
>>
Germans arent actually good at creating things. They are good at improving things

This leads to over-engineering of perfectly fine things when they run out of crappy things to improve
>>
>>52136497
says thief stoles Nazi ultimate military techs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.