[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American moving to Sweden or Finand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Min svenska dream.jpg (184 KB, 970x397) Image search: [Google]
Min svenska dream.jpg
184 KB, 970x397
If I moved to Sweden would the people accept me? As an American, would I be viewed as a typical shitty immigrant or get better status? I know a little of the language and plan to be fully able to speak by the time I move. Same question with Finland but I don't know the language at all and probably never will.

Tak neger
>>
>>52057094

Better treated by far.
As long as you pull your own weight and don't act like a dindu it is fine.
>>
>>52057094
>Same question with Finland but I don't know the language at all and probably never will.
Then fuck off, burger.
>>
>>52058320
Your language is really hard Finny, sorry :(
>>
>>52058147
Would I be same tier as a Swede or come after? What demographic comes after Swedes on a social hierarchy? Do you meet many Americans who can speak the language? What do you think of them. Tack so mycket.
>>
>>52058371
It's only hard compared to germanic & indo-euro languages that are basically just slightly different english. From a neutral point of view, Finnish is actually pretty easy since it's super logical.

Anyway, no, you won't be accepted if you don't even put the effort in to learn the language. You will never understand the culture or have close friends (except other lazy amerilards/anglo "expats").
>>
>>52058147
>As long as you pull your own weight

That's mean, leave him alone.
>>
>>52058447
>Would I be same tier as a Swede or come after?

Most likely the same or slightly below. It wont be noticable as long as you speak the language.

>Do you meet many Americans who can speak the language? What do you think of them.

I live far up North so running into Americans is not likely. I think I never have except for the various construction agencies that usually have a few non-nigger immigrants.
>>
>>52058456
Problem is, there are no resources that I know of to learn Suomi or I would try. I have found plenty of Swedish language guides and even college courses in America teaching Swedish. I do much prefer Finland over Sweden but Sweden seems easier to integrate into.
>>
>>52058536
What would Swedes think of me as an immigrant if I hated shit tier immigrants like gypsies/arabs/dindus? Would it be funny if I joined the SD party as an immigrant on the basis of "sensible immigration"?
>>
>>52058651
>What would Swedes think of me as an immigrant if I hated shit tier immigrants like gypsies/arabs/dindus?

Contrary to /int/-swedes being openly racist would be detrimental as it is highly frowned upon to talk about immigration in a negative sense.

The average swede will just see you as a racist. Most people just hate them in quiet.

And since you are white(I assume), you joining SD wont really matter as you are white and not black, so the "immigrant voting for SD"-effect will be gone.
>>
>>52058583
Lack of resources is the only reasonable excuse for calling Finnish difficult. I don't really know about what kind of resources are available because I've never had to learn Finnish as a foreigner. However, I know several Americans who live here and speak Finnish fairly well.
All I'm saying is, don't even think about moving here permanently if you aren't fully committed to learning the language and culture. If you aren't, you'll always be an outsider and that seems like a depressing life.

If you do put in the effort, you will be fine. Americans are probably more accepted here than southern Europeans.
>>
>>52058710
Well ya, even being openly racist in America has horrible social and professional consequences. You couldn't do anything in America being openly racist (Donald Trump is an anomaly), but even with him, you'll notice he is leading in the polls but literally no one has ever actually met a Trump supporter. Thus, being openly racist doesn't exist here either. But it would be funny to be an immigrant and be an SD supporter. I just hope that I would be accepted by the Swedes and not viewed as a leeching Americunt. I am looking for jobs right now in Sweden and currently have a good one in America.
>>
>>52058745
Cool Finny. Curious - what are the reasons behind the Americans you know moving to Finland? How well do they do once they're there? Do American's have unique/sexy accents in the way that Europeans have cool accents to Americans?
>>
>>52059068
>what are the reasons behind the Americans you know moving to Finland?
I know of one "muh hurritage" finlandboo, but aside from that the typical work/love thing just like everywhere else. Most of them work in IT.
>How well do they do once they're there?
Like I said, fine if they learn the language. Otherwise they just become yet another lazy anglo "expat" who hangs out with other lazy anglo "expats" and complains that they can't seem to integrate. It's not just an American problem, it's English speakers in general, and I've seen the same thing when traveling around other countries as well.
>Do American's have unique/sexy accents
Broken Finnish sounds like shit and it doesn't matter who's speaking. English speakers do tend to have the most trouble with pronounciation.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.