[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Italianized is the Eastern Adriatic? In terms of culture,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Adriatic_Sea_map.png (239 KB, 735x1000) Image search: [Google]
Adriatic_Sea_map.png
239 KB, 735x1000
How Italianized is the Eastern Adriatic? In terms of culture, lifestyle, behavior, cuisine.
>>
>>52034093
Pretty much zero. I don't know about albania though.
>>
>>52034093
south croatia to some degree, but less mediteranian vibe
>>
File: fojba2000.gif (24 KB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
fojba2000.gif
24 KB, 250x258
>>52034093
Only our fojbe are Italianised.
>>
>>52034252
I asked on here why Italians didn't eat breakfast and it was mostly your flags jumping in to defend it
>>
>>52035197
Dalmatians are somewhat italianized. It's not exactly major, but the number of people who speak italian is higher, their food is similar, etc.
>>
>>52035130
delete this
>>
>>52035130
kek
>>
It's overrun by faggot Bosnians
t. legit Dalmatian
>>
Capodistria/Koper has Italian as co-official language, and almost everyone speaks Italian there
>>
>>52034093
Until 1945 Italians were the majority on the Istrian coast and there were significant Italian minorities in cities like Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar (which was even part of Italy).
So i guess the influence can still be felt.
>>
>>52035197
They don't in the islands either and it drives me crazy, any place open for breakfast is usually a tourist trap and the food is awful.
>>
File: 1449496407587.jpg (483 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1449496407587.jpg
483 KB, 2048x1365
>>52034093
>How Italianized is the Eastern Adriatic? In terms of culture, lifestyle, behavior, cuisine.
Very as far as cuisine, culture, music and mentality go. Same goes for architecture of older buildings. The region was Venetian for some 400 years and at times half of the population of some cities were Italians. We're Mediterraneans here and a lot of people look like it. The Dalmatian dialect of Croatian has some borrowings from Italian, but nothing major. Italian is the most popular third language to know (Croatian and English being first). As far as actual Italians goes, now there's only a minority left in Istria.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.