[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What goes on here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
What goes on here?
>>
alot of airports
>>
Gays, spring breaking bongs, and American colonization
>>
File: ten.png (25 KB, 382x311) Image search: [Google]
ten.png
25 KB, 382x311
>>52031154
Worst plane only air crash ever.
>>
File: british_tourists.jpg (106 KB, 634x522) Image search: [Google]
british_tourists.jpg
106 KB, 634x522
>>52031154
>>
>>52031275
Jeezus
...what's wrong with his stomach?
>>
I've some ancestors from Tenerife

some of them have weird french hispanised names like "Betancur" & "Gopar"

also i have one ancestor with a jewish sephardim converso surname "Camejo"

this is a sign of Guanche ancestor converted to catholicism ?
>>
Last nazi war criminals are still there.
>>
Kind of interesting how they managed to influence the Caribbean so much
>>
>>52031524
>also i have one ancestor with a jewish sephardim converso surname

Guanches are not jews, guanches are geneticaly similar to berber
>>
>>52031200
>American colonization

I've been to the Canary Islands tons of times and American influence is minimal

Brits and Northern Europeans everywhere though (though Thailand has slowly been hollowing the tourism out since the last decade)
>>
It's a German resort.
>>
File: 1448969919768.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448969919768.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
>>52031154
The murder rate is very high. I guess you could say foul play is very common.
>>
>>52032114
nah, it's a scandinavian resort

if you want germans go to our other islands up north
>>
>>52031339
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>52032037
I know, but the weird normans hispanised names are a signs of converted guanches ?

also they are more like "paleo-berbers"
>>
File: 1448353550595.jpg (44 KB, 300x372) Image search: [Google]
1448353550595.jpg
44 KB, 300x372
>>52032118
>foul
>fowl
>canary
>>
>>52032245
>GOMAD
if you mean the left guy
>>
>>52032260
I did not know anything about you were talking, so I have invest on internet and yes, normand and spanish colonizated the island, this surnames only exist in canary islands, are very strange in spanish peninsule. This surnames belongs to mixed and creoles, not convert.

http://geneacanaria.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/apellidos-normandos-en-canarias-origen.html

Typical normand-canary surnames:
Betancor, Melián, Pícar, Marichal, Bristol, Diepa, Umpiérrez, Berriel, Samarin, Mason, Copan, Buillón, Perdomo, Ebarnies, Bolancher
>>
>>52032737
Interesting informations

but the strange thing it's i have a surname called "Gopar" and according to your link the first guy with this name on the islands was called "Jean Gopar", the problem is that surname "Gopar" is totally absent in France... i did some searchs

i thinks it's probably some variations of "Godard" or "Godart" a frequent french surname in Normandy and other western or northern parts of France, or maybe an extinct rare surname...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.