[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feel better thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
File: bobrosspepe.png (61 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
bobrosspepe.png
61 KB, 600x700
How are you feeling today, /int/ friends, and what's on your mind?
>>
File: 1447472272428.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1447472272428.png
293 KB, 633x758
I'm going to kill myself because I failed my first semester
>>
>>52016247
What food should I buy for 150 rubles to survive until Monday when parents gives me another 1200 for 5 days.
>>
File: yfw.jpg (95 KB, 636x554) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
95 KB, 636x554
>>52016247
I got a job earlier this week after being unemployed for God knows how long, and at first I was quite happy but then I realized I have to work starting Monday. <mfw
>>52016303
Iktf, I have 20 euro left to endure a week.
>>
came to home, drunk, and alone, listening some jack johnson tunes, why live
>>
>>52016294
Please don't do that. I know plenty of people who failed their first term or year and went on to be successful. Was it a college culture thing, do you hate your degree or school, or are you just not good with formal education?

You're young, and the world is ripe for you. Everyone fails at something when they're young, and it's usually education. Hell, I transferred to a different uni after a year of college because my grades were shite and the culture was toxic. It turned out to be the best decision I've ever made.

>>52016303
How much is 150 rubles in USD, and what do you currently have in your cupboard? I might be able to advise.

>>52016390
Work can give you a purpose, friend. It's a lot better than being employed. Perhaps you can search for a job you like better while tolerating this one.

>>52016450
Nothing wrong with coming home drunk and alone from time to time. You're drunk, so listen to some upbeat music and it'll prolly make you feel better.
>>
>>52016247
>How are you feeling today
Man my life is so numb im not even happy or sad anymore, i just exist
>>
>>52016303
i guess things like rice, onions, eggs or pasta
Thing that are cheap and easy to make dishes out of
>>
>>52016303
Cheapest oatmeal
>>
>>52016615
>>52016629
Yeah , I think I buy pasta, some potatoes , cheap sausages and carrot , already have buckwheat and oatmeal.
>>
File: 1449227233283.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449227233283.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
If there is no sadness in your life you wont know when the good times come

He was waiting for the good times
>>
>>52016499
It sounds like you have clinical depression. Have you seen a psychiatrist? A psychologist + psychiatrist combo would likely be best, but if you feel that numb then you might especially need a boost from medication.
>>
File: bobross.gif (762 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
bobross.gif
762 KB, 480x400
>>52016768
>>
File: Jörg.jpg (12 KB, 170x234) Image search: [Google]
Jörg.jpg
12 KB, 170x234
>>52016247
Actually i'm doing well.

i was out drinking yesterday with a bunch of friends but no hangover. (wasn't drinking 2 weeks before that, so i'm really suprised)
Right now, i have to work till 5pm and then i'll go to our company's christmas celebration.

What's with you, Leafbro?
>>
It's been nighttime for about two years now. I'm still waiting for dawn.
>>
>>52016247

Feeling Ok, I've had a really sucky 18 months since graduating uni and I've been feeling like useless, failure NEET for a while but I've just been offered a paid internship in Dubai and I've got into a decent Uni for a summer 2016 masters program
>>
bit too early here to have a set mood for the day

looking forward to a saturday of drinking and shitposting. that is both uplifting and depressing so will see how it goes
>>
>>52017342
Are you going to be drinking alone or with friends?
>>
>>52017425
alone again, naturally
>>
>>52017005
Sounds like you had a nice time! Are you going to visit family for Christmas?

I'm alright, I get a lot of gratification from making other people feel happy, so I made this thread.

>>52017151
What's wrong UKfriend?

>>52017231
Dude, you're at like the top 1% of India if you got admission to a good uni in India for a graduate degree and an internship. You should feel proud of yourself. Just don't let the gulf state cunts take advantage of you.

Meet as many people in your grad program as you can as quickly as possible. It's a lot better t be surrounded by a network of peers in grad school, as it is very difficult if you're in an intense program.
Congrats on your admission, and I wish you good luck!
>>
>>52016789

I keep reading stuff like Depression is apathy, like being tired and uninterested all the time but for no particular reason.

Aren't extreme self-hate and Suicidal thoughts elements of depression? or is that something else?
>>
>>52017472
Just handled getting dumped very badly 2bh, it brought up a lot of trust/confidence issues and I've been depressed pretty much ever since.
>>
>>52016789
the last thing i'd do to myself is go on pills, fuck that

im not suicidal or anything and me even posting my feelings like that is a rarity
>>
>>52017472

Yeah no it'll be cool+I'll have somewhere to stay arranged so even if I'm paid peanuts it'll be worth to put on my cv and linkedin

My grad school actually isn't in India, also my parents kind of want me to go schools in the US and Canada so I'm gonna do my GRE and see how that turns out.
>>
>>52017342
Hey, shitposting is at least somewhat of a form of human interaction. There are people interested in what you are saying and who want to talk to you.

>>52017529
Depression is a multi-headed beast senpai. Extreme self-hate and suicidal thoughts are signs of severe clinical depression. I really suggest that you see a psychiatrist ASAP and first, then seek out a psychologist. It sounds like you might need both to feel better, and there's nothing wrong with that. I wish you the best Indiapal.

>>52017606
Ouch, that's harsh. How long ago did it happen? It takes a while to get over something like that, but time heals all.

>>52017650
What have you been doing to improve your situation and make yourself feel better?

>>52017705
It sounds like you're doing bretty well for yourself Indianfriend. Don't fret if you end up in NA; most of my friends here in grad school are Indian. Everyone accepts them, and we all have a blast together sharing our cultures. Just today I was hanging out with my Indian pals bantering, shooting shit about our governments, and drinking chai. You'll be loved if you put yourself out there.
>>
>>52018126
A little over two years. I don't actually agree with 'time heals all' 2bh. I did that for the first year, just sat back waiting to feel better, and all that happened was I got more sad/bitter as I realised how far off happiness I still was. I think you have to be much more active in getting over something like this.
>>
i feel empty
>>
>>52018320
It sounds like you had a window of opportunity to heal properly and missed it. Have you been seeing someone for this or talked to anyone about it?

>>52018543
Why senpai? You're capable of great things.
>>
>>52017472
yeah, around christmas i'll visit my mother and my sister.
do you?

So, making people feel happy is kind of a hobby of yours? - sounds good, mate.
>>
>>52018902
>yeah, around christmas i'll visit my mother and my sister.
do you?

Sounds nice and comfy. Do you have any sorts of traditions that you'll be taking part in?

>So, making people feel happy is kind of a hobby of yours? - sounds good, mate.

Making people happy or feeling better is the best feeling in the world. You can feel the good mood radiate off of them. It's hard to explain, but it's nice.
>>
>>52019339
Nothing in particular, just getting together, have dinner, etc.
Are you visiting your family?

i know this feeling, no need to explain.
>>
>>52019525
That sounds super comfy. I'm visiting my family as well; should be nice, though they worry about me too much. What is Christmas like in Austria?

>i know this feeling, no need to explain.

You're a good person.
>>
>>52017529
extreme self-hate and Suicidal thoughts are typical elements of depression.
>>
Love of my life doesnt love me back.
Shes being very sweet about it though.
>>
>>52019701
Why do they worry about you?

Well, i guess not different than in other countries.
>>
File: 1427317696104.png (175 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1427317696104.png
175 KB, 624x352
I lost my virginity yesterday but cant remember.
In other words I got raped.
>>
It's my name day today, and my mom is making shnitzel. Also I'm going to a wedding later today and I'm gonna reunite with some family members.

Pretty good overall, it's a sunny day here in Greece
>>
>>52019726
Very much true. How's life in your cunt Koreapal?

>>52019769
Everyone has to go through this, Filipinofriend. Take it as a learning experience and grow from it. I am sure you're young, and you'll meet many women who will light that fire in the future. And mutually so. Chin up!

>>52019851

There aren't any special Austrian Christmas traditions?
By the way, how do you feel about Robert Musil?

I've had a very shitty experience in Canada and grad school. It's almost over, though. Making otherpeople feel better helps me get through it.
>>
>>52020071
i'm pretty lonely because i have no friends in real world. that's why i desperately posting on 4chan.
>>
>>52018747
No, ironically I'm a postgraduate psychology student and am particularly interested in mental health, but I outright refuse to see a therapist even though I know it's the best thing to do.

I feel like this is my problem - it only happened because of the way I interpreted my past experiences, the way I view myself, the way I view others, and so on. I got myself into this state, so it is entirely up to me to get myself out of it again.
>>
>>52016247
Feels good man, I have started too text with the petit girl in my class.
>>
>>52019921
Perhaps you should go to the police if it's rape m8.

>>52019922
Sounds like a nice comfy day, I'm jealous and happy that you're doing well.

>>52020255
Are you still in school Koreafriend? You might have plenty of opportunities to make friends and have fun still, particularly if you aren't at uni yet. Are you planning on leaving Korea? It sounds like the West might better suit you.

>>52020457
You sound extremely self-aware, which makes me feel like you could use someone like a friend, mentor, or therapist to talk it out with even though you're on a good stage to healing. Admitting your faults is difficult, but the hard part is correcting or learning how to contend with them. It takes lot of work that I'm sure you're capable of.
>>
>>52020071
Well there are a few:
for example
Barbarazweigerl schneiden (Literally translated "cutting Barbarabranches")
On the 4th Dezember we cut branches of fruittrees and put them in a vase in remembrance of st. barbara.
if it's blooming around christmas it's a sign of good luck for the coming year.

Or Perchten/Krampus-runs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Christian_Alpine_traditions

What happened?
Sounds a bit like you try to help yourself by helping others.
>>
I'm having coffee and a couple darts at the moment. I stayed up all night because of shitty NEET sleeping habits.
>>
File: 1448109201152.jpg (18 KB, 293x263) Image search: [Google]
1448109201152.jpg
18 KB, 293x263
I have a math final and need a 40% or better on it to pass the class but I'm still nervous. That and I have a date with this chick I've been crushing on for a while now tonight and I don't want to go full spaghetti. Thinking about pounding back a few to calm my tits but that was a method I used when I was a fat slob a year ago before I got in serious shape. What do?
>>
>>52020668
no i'm just NEET. i wish i could leave korea and i think the west is better for me too, but there is so many proplems in here. canada seems very nice place. if i can choose city, i will go to vancouver.
>>
File: good jaaahb.png (317 KB, 606x406) Image search: [Google]
good jaaahb.png
317 KB, 606x406
>Only person I have in my life is my bf, afraid of fucking up and losing him, ending up alone and sad forever
>Really hard to "connect" with other people no matter how hard I try to make acquaintances
>Afraid of never being important or relevant in any way
>Always feel weak, tired and useless
>Shit at talking about my feelings, don't really think a psychologist will ever help me
>Think this depression and sadness is only going to get worse and ultimately overpower me
>Think I won't get past my 50's
>>
>>52016247
feel like shit man. but im studying many things everyday on my own and avoid meeting with anyone, so it goes.
>>
>>52018126

I got into a pretty good school in New Zealand, I'm quite keen parents less so, cause it's kind of out there.

Yeah, NA would be cool but I'm a little worried about my transition to Post-grad programs because I only did a 3 year undergrad degree+ cost,but I mean if I get amazing GRE scores it might open some doors.

Socially I'm not too worried I've lived outside of India most of my life, I'm very aware of pop culture and that sort of thing
>>
>>52020844
just enjoy date. you have many another chance.
>>
>>52021109
i met a psychiatrist and it really helped me. i recommend you to try once.
>>
>>52021016
I live in Vancouver; there's a huge Korean diaspora, so you'd feel right a home and get the benefits of living in a 1st world cunt.

Moving here is super easy for an immigrant so long as you have the money. All you need to do is enroll in a ''''''language school''''''''' and find a job that will sponsor your resident visa in the meantime. Or you could just fork up the money to do a master's. If you go to a post-secondary school in canada, you're set in terms of living there.

>Thinking about pounding back a few to calm my tits but that was a method I used when I was a fat slob a year ago before I got in serious shape. What do?

Think about what the future can give you if you take measures to make the things you want happen.))) I'm happy to give advice to you re:i visas and education and shit.

>>52020844
This is a nervous situation for sure. Take a couple of shots to make yourself calmer.

>>52021109
I'll be your friend Argentenia.
It seems like you might be searching for friends in the right place and have low self-esteem. You should work on fixing these things senpai.

>>52021124
Man, that sucks. Japan has the shittiest work culture in the world.
>>
I want to get a terminal illness to have a reason to die and not disappoint my family further by committing suicide after all they've given to me only to have it to go to waste
>>
>>52021149
3 year undergrad degree is fine, I got a 3 year british degree, as did my brit friends, and nobody had trouble finding a job. The prestige depends on the cunt and country.
>>
>>52021253
>tfw you live in rural place so if you went everybody would know
>>
>>52021450

funny I actually did my degree from the UK (University of Sussex), I got a 2:1, I'm looking at Economics programs in NA and most require some sort of advanced calculus or Trig as part of your undergrad program. all my modules were either Economics or Stats.

I imagine admission is gonna come with some sort of condition or Transition period.
>>
>>52021745
well stigma is still strong but other people could understand more about you if they know
>>
>>52021873
It's not so much stigma as " look there goes anon, heard he has mental problems, poor guy" " is there anything I can do anon?" I absolutely hate being pitied, if you are an object of pity people don't really take you seriously 2bh.
>>
>>52021345
b-but i don't have money
>>52022042
i don't think so..
>>
>>52021016

no one will accept you in canada or america the english speaking countries if your english skill is low and you don't have decent degree you sucker
>>
>>52022186
That's how it is where I live, believe me. Nothing good comes of being open about your problems, atleast not here.
>>
>>52022347
lol you mad
>>
>>52022410

no just you are who delusions here just face your reality dumbfucker
>>
>>52022509
i didn't say i can go to canada you retard
>>
>>52022577

so just stfu and stop to bitching
>>
>>52022646
shut the fuck up and stop ruining this thread
>>
File: JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP FAM.png (159 KB, 306x476) Image search: [Google]
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP FAM.png
159 KB, 306x476
>that feeling when no girlfriend
>>
File: 1428865683526.jpg (14 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
1428865683526.jpg
14 KB, 235x215
I haven't had a friend in nearly 10 years.
I'm 25 and still live with my mom, can't afford a car, and still go to college
I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself but I don't want to be alive. I've had three therapists and none of them seemed to really care at all that I just didn't want to live so I gave up on therapy.

I feel tired all the time, they have me on multiple pills just to help deal with my severe depression. I take 3-4 separate pills a day depending on the day. It's sort of like being at a rock concert and putting earplugs in, I still hate myself but it just kind of drowns out. Does nothing for the apathy or extreme tiredness.
I've missed at least 70% of my classes this semester because I've felt more depressed than usual. I'm so tired of school that I just want to quit but I only have 2 more semesters. I have to find an internship to be able to graduate, but I don't even know where to begin and offing myself seems easier tbqh.

Other than that, I'm fine I suppose.
>>
File: 3256777.jpg (55 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
3256777.jpg
55 KB, 500x470
>>52022935
I am aware and have been sharing those feelings through 21 years
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.