[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I laugh when people call America "colonialist" or "imperialist."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
I laugh when people call America "colonialist" or "imperialist." Do people not know what life under colonialism was like? Do they not know that British magistrates would exterminate entire villages in Papua New Guinea for refusing to work for them, or that Belgans systematically maimed and murdered millions of congolese?

Face it, we've done some fucked up shit, but it's not like we actually exercise absolute power over the world with no oversight. Half of the time it's Europeans who call us imperialist with absolutely no sense of irony.
>>
The US fucked up the Philippians pretty badly
>>
>we dindu nuffin
>>
File: 1385833662420.png (222 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1385833662420.png
222 KB, 500x334
>>51965132
>implying
>>
>>51965093
are those guys getting executed with fucking cannons?
>>
>>51965093
>killing traitors

Pls hamburger, it would be no different from you killing Snowdon.
>>
>>51965183
Most patrician way to die t.b.h

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowing_from_a_gun
>>
americans bomb hospitals
whats your point?
>>
>>51965180
Such a bizarre image.
>>
>>51965211

Yeah but they're full of Arabs so who gives a shit?
>>
>>51965093
dindu nuffin: the post
The US govt and its military did some fucked up shit to the natives, bruv. That's not even debatable. I wouldn't start patting ourselves on the back for massacring villages down to the children, because the detachment sent to keep an eye on them got spooked or bored or for sending them on literal death marches, instead of, what, tying them to cannons?
>>
>>51965308

Europeans did far worse so w/e.
>>
>>51965284
Arabs and 1.6 billion muslims.
>>
>>51965093
>British magistrates would exterminate entire villages in Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea is one of the worst shithole on Earth and cannibalism still exist there, as do tribal conflicts. The Brits didn't do anything the locals didn't do themselves.

>Belgans systematically maimed and murdered millions of congolese
Actually that was the Belgian King doing that shit in his private land, the Congo Free State. When news of it came to Belgium it was a huge scandal. The Belgian government promptly took over and living conditions in Congo drastically improved.

Nice try at damage control btw
>>
>>51965380

oh no not the poor brown people who breed like cockroaches!
>>
>>51965423

As if that discounts anything else you European barbarians have done top kek, Europeans alone have orchestrated the 2 greatest losses of life in human history.
>>
>>51965308
Yes. But American imperialism as a movement using outright military domination stopped in the Philippines and Hawaii.

Not patting ourselves on the back, just appreciating the rich irony in any European calling our current administration "imperialist."
>>
>>51965448
>Europeans alone have orchestrated the 2 greatest losses of life in human history.
By Europeans you mean Germans I hope.
>>
>>51965448
>>51965491

Europeans were essentially just warring tribals with bigger spears before the United States came along and taught them how to actually build a civilization.
>>
>>51965476
>But American imperialism as a movement using outright military domination stopped in the
Philippines and Hawaii.

Erm, did you forget literally everything since the Vietnam war?
>>
OP you forget, imperialism and colonialism are only bad when other countries do it, when its your country its OK.
>>
>>51965284
you when muhamad blows you up edgemaster shitstain
>>
>>51965539

you should stop pretending to care about the lives of nameless nobodies you dont even know, its cringy as fuck.
>>
>>51965093
King Leopold II didn't represent the entirety of Belgium, m8. Also, Europe have long since stopped their colonial tendencies.
>>
>>51965425
And yet you are mad when they chant death to america.
>>
>>51965093
In addition to blowing Indians from guns, the Bongs also made the mutineers lick the blood of British women and children massacred at Cawnpoor from the floors at Bibi Ghar from the floor, after which they were hanged.

Such tactics should be brought back to deal with ISIS militants captured in the United Kingdom.
>>
>>51965584

Im mad?

I'm not mad at all actually, I take joy in knowing their miserable existence will be ended when a fucking hellfire missile gibs them, the united States is doing them a favor.
>>
>>51965591
Based suggestion Imperialbrother.
Sadly, our justice system is shit.
>>
>>51965591
>ISIS militants captured in the United Kingdom.

Capturing them is culturally insensitive.
>>
>>51965575
>King Leopold II didn't represent the entirety of Belgium
The US government's foreign policy doesn't represent the views of the American people either. The majority of Americans by a large margin were against intervention in Syria, and they just went ahead and did it anyway.
>>
>>51965959
And I don't hate the US people for the government actions either because I'm not retarded. What was the point again?
>>
>>51966019
You were implying that's the reason why Europeans can call Americans Imperialists. Also

R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>51966093
I'm not really saying anything about that. I just think it's disingenuous to say that the things done in King Leopold's Congo was something done by Belgians. The Government of Belgium didn't do shit there and the guy even used the excuse of doing humanitarian work to get Congo as a private property.
>>
We literally dindu nuffin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valladolid_debate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimus_Dei

>The Valladolid debate (1550–1551) was the first moral debate in European history to discuss the rights and treatment of a colonized people by colonizers.

>Sublimis Deus [English: 'From God on high'] (erroneously cited as Sublimus Dei) is a papal bull promulgated by Pope Paul III on June 2, 1537, which forbids the enslavement of the indigenous peoples of the Americas (called Indians of the West and the South) and all other people. It follows the decree issued by Charles I of Spain in 1530 in which the King prohibited the enslavement of Indians.

Instead of being perfidious like the britbongos we were alays naive and stuipd to be honest.
>>
>we a gud boy
>>
>>51965180
Kek island Mexicans being powerful lol
>>
>>51965093
As a finn i can call you imperialist and colonialist. We have never been the ones to colonialize anything. Anglos are such colonialists and imperialists. Without the great american manifest destiny i bet the dictators in ME would still be in power and we wouldnt have this shitty refugee crisis in europe.
>>
>>51966264
The point is, the people running shit in Europe at the time were responsible for equally, if not much more heinous crimes than their American counterparts. Either way it's all conjecture because the Americans are descendants of Europeans, simply living on another land.
>>
>>51965357
>deliberately infect the natives with smallpox
>enslave niggers from africa
>one of the last countries to outlaw slavery and literally fought a fucking civil war over it
>abandons the Philippines to Japan during the second world war, "heh we're coming dudes don't worry about it" and then leaving them to fend for themselves for fucking years.

>a-at least we're not like the europeans
>>
>>51965575
>King Leopold II didn't represent the entirety of Belgium
#notallbelgians
>>
>>51966372
>The point is, the people running shit in Europe at the time were responsible for equally, if not much more heinous crimes than their American counterparts.
And that's not what the OP said. The OP was alluding to the belief that Americans are somehow morally superior to Europeans because they are currently engaged in neo-colonialism while we did it 100 years ago.
>>
>>51966372
Yeah, both of them did some terrible shit no doubt about that. What I meant was that things done by the government of a country can't be equated to the things done on the order of one dude from a country in, what was technically, his private property.
>>
>>51965190
>killing someone who undermines the mission and who's OPSEC violation would endanger the lives of million of Americans

>nigger who said the plantation owners wife looked like a "fat ass honkey"

Hardly the same
>>
>>51965448
>Europeans alone have orchestrated the 2 greatest losses of life in human history.

World War II 60,000,000–85,000,000
Mongol conquests 40,000,000–70,000,000
Taiping Rebellion 20,000,000–100,000,000
Three Kingdoms War 36,000,000–40,000,000
An Lushan Rebellion 13,000,000–36,000,000
Qing conquest of Ming Dynasty 25,000,000
World War I/Great War 20,000,000
>>
>>51966549
Good, can you imagine if we had 10+ billion people living in this world? It's overcrowded as fuck as it is.
>>
>>51966615
And the funny thing is we separate 2nd Sino-Japanese war from WW2 then it'll be about same size as Mongol conquests. Japs are adding a whole lot of chink and assorted asian padding to WW2 casualties.
>>
File: 48217.jpg (15 KB, 279x346) Image search: [Google]
48217.jpg
15 KB, 279x346
>>51965093
what
>>
>>51966549
>what is modern estimates
>>
>>51965093
>Live on stolen land still to this day
>Call others colonialists
Oh the ironing
>>
I think the US is the most compassionate nation in history. Between 1945 and 49, as the only country with nuclear weapons, the US could have enslaved the entire planet but they did not, instead they helped to rebuild it. If the USSR had the bomb first would they have done the same? Would they fuck.
>>
>>51967045
>complain about American imperialism
>be a neo-imperialist power in Africa
>>
>>51966391
>Smallpox
Not us
>Slavery
Yeah, okay.
>abandons Philipines
There wasn't really an option to stay. We also heavily supported the Philippine rebels with food, weapons and medicine, and then came back and kicked the shit out of the Japanese. We didn't abandon them, unlike the Britkeks in Malaya, which is why the Phillipines has a 92% pro-american opinion ranking.
>>
>>51967045
You did it first, assholes.
>>
File: image.gif (179 KB, 1000x771) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
179 KB, 1000x771
>Brits killed entire villages
>Americans don't know this feeling
>>
>>51967045
You're aware that whites genocided and ethnically cleansed the neanderthals from Europe?

White people been in the genocide game before they even knew how to farm

Shaking my head too be honest familia
>>
File: 1396319591548.png (92 KB, 444x440) Image search: [Google]
1396319591548.png
92 KB, 444x440
>>51965211
>>51965380
>>51965539
>>51965584
>hungaria defending mudslimes

the world really did go crazy
>>
>>51965093
What congolese?
>>
>>51967045
everybody lives on stolen land, not one square inch of this planet is occupied by its original inhabitants.
>>
>>51965093
british new guinea was a colony for all of 10 years family, and when it was australian it was so irrelevant that the only notable thing that happened there until 1975 was the discovery of kuru disease

there were much worse things happening in other colonies
>>
>>51968685
>Do they not know that British magistrates would exterminate entire villages in Papua New Guinea for refusing to work for them

Sources? I don't know about the Krauts, but we literally did nothing with our colony New Guinea.
>>
>>51968162
More like bred with and out-competed them. So did everyone else except for those who stayed behind in Africa, btw.

But it's especially bad when MUH EVUL WHITEY does it, amirite
>>
>>51965093

>Belgans systematically maimed and murdered millions of congolese?

I'm an apologist for the colonial era and roll my eyes when people try to claim that africa is shit because they are still traumatised by evil whitey fucking up their countries.

But the Congo under Leopold is the only exception I'm willing to tolerate. It was legitimately fucking awful.

What the fuck, belgium?
>>
>>51969230
??
>>
>>51969230
The British mainly believed in "Take up the white man's burden" which meant bringing modern civilization and Christianity to the savages. The French had a somewhat similar idea, but more with the idea of turning black and brown people into Frenchmen (the British were more racist and did not think Africans could become Europeans). Missionary work was less important in their colonies as the Third Republic had strong anti-clerical laws on the books.

Belgium was mostly in it to enslave and milk the natives for all it was worth.
>>
>>51969230
And yet some still long for the Belgians to come back because at least it was law and order back then.

What is with Africa and unity in anything beyond small groups? It's like the idea of a living together in a huge society just doesn't click with so many of them.

Were everyone else genocided into these traits?
>>
>>51966519
Nah, I'll give you a more realistic estimate

>killing someone WHO safeguards the SAFETY, security and FREEDOM of millions BILLIONS of people on THE EARTH, BORN and UNborn, dead AND alive, at great COST to his own LIFE

>killing a nigger who's only wish was to remove colonials and secure freedom of his own country

I'd say you are by far worse
>>
>>51971024

Please explain to me how Snowden saved anyone. As I recall he's delivered thousands of pieces of information to the Russian government, which only would make him the most prolific defector in history, nothing more.
>>
>>51966903
this, Americans forget
>>
>>51971306
I'm in the mood for your autism, I just thought the
>millions of americans
was a bit of a stretch
>>
>>51965093
We also enacted a ban on slavery despite being at war with Napoleon.

What great humanitarian achievements does the USA have? Being the only nation to use nukes?
>>
>>51971492

He did certainly put lives in harms way, to say nothing of sensitive diplomatic and intelligence operations he compromised.
>>
>>51972104

banning slavery didn't stop anyone in the empire from exploiting the fuck out of native populations. Stop with the meme.
>>
>>51965093
Calling us imperialist is like modern western feminists bitching about muh misogyny. We need to send these retards 300 years into the past for a bit of perspective.
>>
>>51965180
what the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>51970341
>The British mainly believed in "Take up the white man's burden" which meant bringing modern civilization and Christianity to the savages.

This is exactly it except we didnt try to force christianity very much
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.