[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am machine engineer student who ll graduate soon, my english
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 272x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 272x220
I am machine engineer student who ll graduate soon, my english is very good in any aspect but at the same time i am thinking to learn german, because germans are good at in engineering so should i learn?

Because they say that lots of german knows english too so it would not be useful in business life?
>>
>>51927209
German business men know decent English. However, speaking the German language is crucial if you actually want to work for a company IN Germany.
I am sure you could start in a branch in your country and try to get to Germany internally. I just know that they have very strict language rules when it comes to working in Germany.
>>
>>51927554
I googled some stuff about german that they speak completly different dialect in switzerland and some areas in germany :/

İf i learn german, it will be my last foreign language for my entire life so i want to be smart
>>
There's a reason so many of your countrymen made that decision.

Go there and be a good hard working citizen.
>>
>>51927209
fuck of, T*rk
>>
>>51928090
I respect people who left their countries for better life and money, you should respect too

but in my stiuation this is more about taking my family company one step more with possible international relations in future ;)
>>
>>51927209
Learn Standard German German [Deutschland Hochdeutsch/Standarddeutsch].

I've only learned a little bit of German on Duolingo, but Alemanic German [the German of Switzerland] is understood only by the Swiss, the High German of Bavaria and Austria is understood by Bavarians and Austrians, Low Saxon bullshit is only understood by Low Saxons/the Dutch, but all [educated] Germans understand Hochdeutsch/Standarddeutsch.
>>
>>51927209
You'll make more money in the US or Canada
>>
>>51928612
> lying to people on the internet

Didn't your mother raise you better than that?
>>
>>51928612
>wanting to lose a valuable immigrant
What the fuck is wrong with you, Fritz? Off with the fucking SS hat you bought for 5 euros at a garage sale.
>>
>>51928536
Ahh this is good news for me as long as i am understood, it would not be a problem for me wheter their dialect is same with me or not, so you forced me to begin, thank you
>>
>>51928782
Most "languages" have dialects that are near universally understood because it's the literary dialect, it's the dialect taught in schools and because of media. For German it's Hochdeutsch.
>>
>>51928688
In Germany he would make 30-40k euro/year, maybe up to 60-70k as a team leader after 20 years. After taxes that's not that much.
>>
>>51928612
you germans are best in mechanics, tools, cnc machines etc so i believe that learning german would help me a lot especially for making money
>>
>>51928536
I don't think there are even courses for anything else than Standard German. There are a lot of regional differences and dialects in the language of Germans (including Austrians and the Swiss) and even I can't understand all of them, but every child learns Standard German in school. Also almost all of our media and written language is in Standard German. If someone doesn't understand me I'll just drop the dialect or switch to English.
>>
>>51928688

He's saying the truth uezs. We pay a lot of taxes and if he earns a lot a lot of his paycheck will be used to pay Hartz IV to Romanian gypsys
>>
>>51929009
Are they rare sitiuations for you? Or happening a lot? if you had a trip to germany would you experience or expect to problems in communication for example when you enter in a restraunt, market,bar etc?
>>
>>51928048
Just learn Hoch-Deutsch, dumb cockroach.
It's the german equivalent of oxford english, it's the official language/"dialect" that you use on paper, and in office.
Every german online-teacher will teach Hoch-Deutsch, it's all you're gonna need, the rest will come along with living here.

I don't even care if you're actually some jihadist on a win98 in a turkish jihad bunker, just fuck my country up f︂︂a︂m
Something's brewing in germany and more influx will speed up the process.
>>
>>51929734
Okay, hoch-deutsch i get it

I hate politics, but how can you think that i support things happening about syrian immigrants, also if i am jihadist or not lel
>>
>>51927209
Dude, go to Norway and get rich af
>>
>>51929412
I understand almost everthing except some remote North German and Alemannic (Swiss) dialects. And if someone notices you do speak German, but aren't able to understand their dialect, they will just talk Standard German to you.
>>
German "dialects" do exists, but if you learn Hochdeutsch, german speakers will understand you, and will probably speak as "Hochdeutschly" as possible to you.

It's nothing compared to dialects such as arabic's. Those ARE fucking different from each other.

t. German and Arabic student
>>
>>51930255
Are you familiar with Murphy's Law?
>>
>>51930690

>not mentioning Chilean "Spanish"
>>
>>51930302
Really? I heard that some doctors are doing business trips to Norway to make good money but i have no knowledge about mechanics

>>51930399
Hmm i get it, dialects are not big problem also there are different dialects in Turkey just like yours, i see it better now, thank you

>>51930690
Why did you choose arabic, lel their alphabet and way of talking is hard ass hell, you can have throat cancer they talk from their throat also stomach lel

I have some friends learning arabic because of job opportunities in arab world because they are civil engineer
>>
>>51931277
Stupid chileans do speak like shit, but educated chileans have a cute accent.

>>51931294
>their alphabet and way of talking is hard ass hell

That's the reason why haha, I wanted a good challenge
>>
>>51931102
I can not say you were wrong, our streets are full of syrian immigrant people, i used to live a smaller city 2 years ago, i sometimes felt stranger among them, i hope they will turn their country back, i dont want them too
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.