[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that Californians have run out of water, what do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
So now that Californians have run out of water, what do you think they will be drinking primarily instead?
>>
It's going to rain in the central valley tomorrow :)
>>
File: 1323721215208.png (172 KB, 416x445) Image search: [Google]
1323721215208.png
172 KB, 416x445
>>51882647
How does a state with access to the largest ocean on the planet runs out of drinking water?

Don't they realize it's possible to turn saltwater into freshwater?
>>
>>51882647
Fish juice.
>>
>>51882722
ive been to hungary and pipe water there is very bad
>>
>>51882722

I don't know. How can the people of a nation with such a high GDP be so hungary.
>>
>>51882722
Expensive and energy heavy though desalination is coming on line in SoCal soon.
>>51882647
Buy land and/or use land, raise sheep and profit.

No but seriously I have experience working in arid landscapes and land is finally affordable so yay me
>>
>>51882798
it depends on which region you went to. Most cities gets their water from independent sources. Some get it from streams, and rivers, some under the surface reservoirs. Remember: in Hungary if you drill down just a little, you can find water almost everywhere. Loads of thermal water too.
>>51882831
moving on
>>51882855
>Expensive and energy heavy though desalination is coming on line in SoCal soon.
>energy heavy
uh, you do realize we are orbiting a yellow dwarf star, right? Just build some solar panels.
>>
>>51883320

You should contact the governor fAm. They require your knowledge.
>>
>>51883489
look at it this way: I don't suffer from water shortage. So I must be doing something right!

Coincidence? I think not! I really ought to be hired as the expert consultant.
>>
>>51883320
ive been to budapest and been told i shouldnt drink water from pipe. also there were ads for bottled water everywhere
>>
>>51883320
Solar panels are an inefficient technology, even then the levels of energy required to provide the portable water needs of a major US city using panels far exceeds the limited land area for panel installation.
>>
they'll continue drinking cum like usual
>>
>>51884239
>ive been to budapest and been told i shouldnt drink water from pipe.
This isn't Mexico, but the Old World, family. Montozuma's revenge won't reach you here.
>also there were ads for bottled water everywhere
That's capitalism for you. Their ads suggest bottled water is better than tapwater, but in reality our laws apply the same high standards to tapwater and bottled water. In fact, our tapwater is usually better than bottled crap.
>>51884395
So build some wind turbines and stuff. Be environmentally conscious. Or just abandon Cali. That works too.
>>
Mexican and Asian semen
>>
>>51885365
No one is leaving, far too much money is made. We just need to use less water, remove the unlimited groundwater access from farmers and restrict water usage in daily life.
>>
>>51886527
We need to stop supporting the #1 user of water in the state: beef and dairy.

It's not gonna happen, but it's what should happen.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.