[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the most "European" city in US? I have the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 427125-usa-flag.jpg (186 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
427125-usa-flag.jpg
186 KB, 1440x900
what is the most "European" city in US?
I have the opportunity to relocate to a bank so it has to be a medium-large city, i'm looking for

- decent sports
- okay weather
- walkability
- not so many fat people
- less blacks = better
- preferably still room to own a truck since i want to kayak
- on the coast, so no middle city
>>
>>51850584
Seattle, Minneapolis, Portland and maybe Boston or Cambridge.
>>
>>51850584
I heard Boston has european architecture for the most part
>>
>>51850584
Charleston, SC
May be a few fatties cause south, but the people are nice and the city is beautiful.
>>
>>51850823
Charleston is filthy, redneck, ghetto, but the archtecture is fucking noice. Also niggers up the ass, but they're the good kind of niggers.
>>
Boston is literally the only city in america that doesn't look like a chessboard
>>
>>51850955
Only been once, dont remember it in full. But the food was fucking banger.
>>
>>51851120
didn't used to be that way
During the 70s and 80s all the US's old urban architecture was torn down to make room for more economically-based structures like apartments and hotels.
American cities used to have a very European-esque look to them, and I heard this was the case in much of Eastern Europe and even Finland.
Boston is special because virtually every building there was made of red bricks by the 20th century.
>>
>>51850584
Salt Lake City
>>
File: salt-lake-city-downtown-2.jpg (372 KB, 1117x700) Image search: [Google]
salt-lake-city-downtown-2.jpg
372 KB, 1117x700
>>51851549
forgot photo
>>
if you have the money San Francisco is great
>>
File: Portland_Maine.jpg (860 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Portland_Maine.jpg
860 KB, 2048x2048
>>51850584
You are looking for Portland, Maine

>In the statistically whitest and safest state. 85% of the city is non-Hispanic white (mostly Anglo and some French) and the state is 95% non-Hispanic white

>Very near to Boston so you have professional football, baseball, basketball, and hockey teams nearby, plus the city has pro farm league baseball and hockey teams, also the local unis sports

>good weather with 4 distinct seasons includong New England's famous autumn. A bit cold in winter though if that's not your thing

>Portland is a good mix of old historic and new/trendy. Has the most mon-chain restaurants per capita of any US city supposedly, so food options as well as skinny people and healthy choices are aplenty. It was also ranked as one of the top 10 most efucated cities in America and educated people arenusually cleaner, safer, skinnier people

>Maine is the most rural state, as well as the most heavily forested, so plenty of room for any truck you want.

>sits on the gorgeous New England coastline and is nearby countless inland rivers and lakes. Kayaking is my thing too, it doesn't get any better than the Maine coast from May to September, longer if you want to invest in a thicker mm wetsuit or even drysuit.
>>
>>51850584
>no middle city
That's where you belong Kraut, in the Midwest

Progressive Anglo-Saxons only on the coasts, you backwards Nazi country bumpkin
>>
>>51850584
I'd say Hawaii or the West Coast (Portland, Seattle, San Diego. Though, avoid SF and LA)

>qt Asian and Japanese girls everywhere
>>
>>51851319
people still living in shitty red bricks laid by irish micks
>>
>what is the most European city in a non European country?
>>
Amsterdam, New York
Athens, Georgia
Athens, Ohio
Berlin, Maryland
Dublin, Ohio
London, Ohio
Moscow, Idaho
Paris, Tennessee
Paris, Texas
Rome, Georgia
Stockholm, Wisconsin
Vienna, Virginia
>>
>>51852259
Looks really comfy
>>
>>51852259
Don't listen to this guy, OP. Maine sucks balls.
>>
>>51852742
It is Tbh

>>51852984
>using reverse psychology to keep people out of Maine
It's refugees, Mexicans, etc that we want to keep out of Maine, not slightly racist, outdoorsy, truck driving, skinny, German bankers.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.