[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is $10 for a lunch expansive or cheap in america?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: rikskuponger992.jpg (29 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
rikskuponger992.jpg
29 KB, 650x366
Is $10 for a lunch expansive or cheap in america?
>>
>>51809209
det måste vara expansive
>>
Fifty bucks a week blown on lunch alone is expensive.
>>
>>51809209
Expensive. You can make up a pretty solid bowl of ramen for like $3.
>>
File: fat-kid.jpg (12 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
fat-kid.jpg
12 KB, 255x255
All lunches are expansive in America
>>
Pretty expensive. Even at Subway or Panera it's hard to spend over $7.
>>
>>51809209
its not if it include tip for the waiter, cleaner and restaurant manager
>>
>>51809386
this
>>
>>51809289
*expensive

>>51809292
Just wondering, because it's what the mean cost is where i work (ranges from 90 SEK down to 75 if you buy coupons).
>>
>>51809350
Subway is not lunch.
>>
Not really
>>
At home or at the restaurant? $10 sounds normal for a home lunch but I can't believe you'll afford normal food outside for that price. It's just my guess though.
>>
>>51809551
Question is, was it like that before the sanctions?
>>
In my village pub, a Schnitzel with fries and salad goes for about €8.50
A standard size pizza in the nearest place ranges from €4.50 (plain margherita) to €8 (very well topped)
Of course downtown and in Michelin star restaurants, you have to pay much more, €20+ for tiny portions
>>
>>51809624
You mean oil prices, not sanctions, right? Most prices are twice as much now if that's what you want to know. For $10 I can afford 3-5 home lunches with meat, vegetables and fruits.
>>
if you go out for lunch that's the average cost

or you can make your own lunches for a week for that much
>>
>>51809900
You shouldn't be eating schnitzel with fries and salad for lunch, germany.
>>
File: 2015-11-16_20-28-06.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16_20-28-06.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>51809900
Oh and for homemade stuff, consider following example: I made about 5kg of (German style) bolognese sauce that cost me about €25, preparation took about 3 hours, put most of it in the freezer for eating later (once every 1-2 weeks or so). When I thaw it, I usually take 500g of the sauce and 300g of noodles, so overall maybe €3 for quite a good serving (I don't do breakfast but mostly eat "big" once a day around 4-6pm)
Pic related, half of what I eat in that case (one of 2 plates)
Also I'm not really fat but still somewhat chubby (1.90m and 87kg = BMI 24.1)
>>
>>51810236
>lunch
For me that word means "Mittagessen", and it might be as late as 8pm for me
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.