[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Americans in 2015 consider themselves free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 34346153_patriotact_xlarge.jpg (29 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
34346153_patriotact_xlarge.jpg
29 KB, 350x262
Do Americans in 2015 consider themselves free?
>>
>>51803877
Freer than most, for sure. Not as free as our rhetoric implies though.
>>
>>51803877
Not in california No.
>>
most people are all into the gun rhetoric but the comic is truer than it seems

the homeland security instrument killed constitutional freedom a long time ago, people will never know this

as they become more ideologically opposed to the now that little chink will always be there
>>
Yes, but we aren't too the extent that we should. Thing is, it's not solely politicians fault, as we are doing this to ourselves.
>>
>>51804542
You're voting for your politicians.
>>
In terms of speech and freedom of the press yes. In terms of overall life options we have less than the average European

But we still have better free speech laws than UK/Canada

Our society is just a mess now though
>>
>>51803877
Not in most ways, but there are a few things we can do here that aren't permitted in many places:
>flag desecration
>"hate speech"
>Lèse-majesté
>handguns
>relatively anonymous internet
>relatively free press

He have unjustifiably fucktarded laws for drug offenses, and completely inane age restrictions on some stuff.

I guess it just depends on what metrics you use to determine freedom.
>>
>>51804632
They might still act against the interest of their constituents.
>>
It's hilarious how amerifats consider themselves free.
Police are notoriously cuntish and highest incarceration rate by far. Excessive laws, excessive punishment, pigs everywhere, etc.
Its disgusting really.
>>
>>51804904
>by what metrics you determine freedom
Definitely this. For someone like me from rural north mexico this place is unfree as shit. But a rich kike would likely think otherwise.
>>
>>51807663
Nice proxy m8.
>>
>>51808268
Not a proxy m8.
I've lived in this nation long enough to understand that most of you people actually hate freedom with a moderate to strong passion
>>
>>51803877
of course they do mate, they have 3 times as many guns per capita than the average european country so they must have 3 times the freedom
>>
>>51807663
I've never had a problem with police.

Then again, I'm white
>>
>>51808372
>muh guns
>muh freedumb of speech
>muh I can burn flags legally
I mean that's cool and all but all useless.
I don't want the law to fuck me in the ass for driving after driving 1 beer, I don't want to be executed for heroin, I really don't want to get shot because a pig though I was pulling a gun out, etc, etc.
What use is freedom of speech and protesting when it won't change a thing.
>>
>>51808635
>the I'm white excuse
I went to court earlier for a traffic ticket and most people there were white and much white people are anti police. I live in a town probably half mexican.
You're just law abiding and probably a kek too
>>
>>51804288
/thread and checked
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.