[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do East Asian immigrants give their kids ching chong names, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 1322951797230.jpg (108 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1322951797230.jpg
108 KB, 1600x900
Do East Asian immigrants give their kids ching chong names, or do they give their kids proper, decent names?
>>
>>51766296
Have you never met an American-born East Asian?
>>
>>51766296
>ching chong names

Seriously, 'murica?
>>
Usually if they give them a chingchong name, they have an American name they use instead.

I work with some guys that are Chinese but go to church and have biblical names. It's weird.
>>
Statistically speaking, Asian-Americans are vastly more likely than European-Americans to choose "traditional" names like John or Andrew instead of shit like Brayden.
>>
used to be ethnic name, we uses combination of western and local names nowadays. some still given chinese name as non-legal name
>>
Most nipo-brazilians I know are already on their third or fourth generation here and have portuguese names. A few have japanese names.
>>
>>51766424
some still given chinese name as non-legal name, so they have 2 names*
>>
>Know guy with Jap dad
>Anglo name

why
>>
>>51766480
Think about it, if you moved to a foreign country you'd prefer your child to have a name that doesn't stick out, so he/she wouldn't be bullied or something.
>>
>>51766551

Pssssst

We're not Anglo
>>
>>51766296
They usually have a western name and a chinese name, m8.
>>
yes i was forced to get a western name

any other questions
>>
>>51766598
Oh.
>>
>>5176655i
seems that is not a case with negros tho, they tends to be given flashy names
>>
>>51766296
Herro my name is Mike/Kevin and I'm an Asian American
>>
>>51766296
Koreans here have their Kim second names and Russian/Greek first names. They also have Kim first names but they're not in any documents.
>>
>>51766551
I'd rather drown my children, desu.
>>
>>51766663
meant for>>51766551
fugged up, haven't get sleep for a day :DDDD
>>
>>51766663
Well, the negroes aren't immigrants trying to integrate
>>
>Japanese American with western name
sounds terrible. I'll despise them
>>
>>51766666
Nice digits
>>
>>51766742
when does class start John?
>>
File: chinky.jpg (10 KB, 264x242) Image search: [Google]
chinky.jpg
10 KB, 264x242
>>51766666
quints confirm all canadians look like pic related
>>
Every Chinese girl here is named Julie. I don't know why.
>>
Japs keep their Jap name

Koreans keep their Korean name but use western for school/English speakers

Chinese either same as Korean or western named

HK Chinese always have an old time English name like Winston and that is legit their name
>>
>>51766763
seriously, they remind me of Koreans with false Japanese name in Japan
>>
>>51766742
One of my best friends is called José Hirai
>>
>>51766296
My son has a Christian name and a Chinese name.
>>
>>51766296
East Asian immigrants generally give their child the name of a respected family friend to help them fit in.

So the names tend to be both conservative and one generation behind.
>>
>>51767079
*respected LOCAL family friend
>>
What if a guy marry a jap girl and decides to give their kid a jap name ? living outside japan
>>
>>51766950
Pare de usar cavernas de pinturas nepalesas seu preto
t. José Hirai
>>
>>51767148
I think that'd be weird, but to each their own.

If they were living in Japan and at least one of the parents in japanese I'd think it'd be normal to name their child with a japanese name.
>>
>>51767285
sério ? eu acho os nomes japs muito bonitos, e o unico nome "ocidental" que eu acho legal é Apollo
[spoiler]fuggggg eu sou muito gay[/spoiler]
>>
Why don't asians pick non-regular names though? It's fucking weird when I go to the supermarket and there's this chink who can't speak a word of spanish called fucking Marcelo.
>>
File: 1448403200888.jpg (428 KB, 1156x1520) Image search: [Google]
1448403200888.jpg
428 KB, 1156x1520
>>51766296
I know a guy with Japanese parents, obviously he's ethnically a Jap too.

He's got a normal argie name but he's got a nip surname. Sounds weird as fuck.

I'm not gonna say his name, but imagine it to be something like Gonzalo Kobayashi or some shit like that.
>>
>>51766818
>HK Chinese always have an old time English name like Winston and that is legit their name
Can confirm this. I knew this exchange student from HK. His European name was Francis. It's also quite autistic, how offended they are if you don't pronounce their real name 100% correctly. Bunch of crybabies.
>>
File: harry potter.gif (889 KB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
harry potter.gif
889 KB, 356x200
>mfw Chinese select a "Western" name for them when they are a child.
>mfw there is nothing more painful than listening them speak English.
>mfw most of these names are not known and even less known with their shit pronouncatipon.
>mfw iPhone is the sponsor of Chinese expat students.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.