[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Christianity in your country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16
File: puritan-woman.jpg (38 KB, 460x602) Image search: [Google]
puritan-woman.jpg
38 KB, 460x602
How is Christianity in your country?
>>
>>51757961
Who?
>>
Abundant. Of course it's Protestants mostly, so it's not "real" Christianity.
>>
File: aparecida.jpg (373 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
aparecida.jpg
373 KB, 1600x1200
Islam tier
>>
>>51757961
Still alive. I wish communists come back and finish what they started.
>>
Christawhat ?
I don't bloody think Sharia allows it
>>
>>51758042
Why is every photo of Brazil oversaturated?
>>
>>51757961
deathbed
>>
>>51758116
It's a colored land, in many ways.
>>
File: NZreligion.png (16 KB, 208x465) Image search: [Google]
NZreligion.png
16 KB, 208x465
Dying rapidly.
>>
File: 5.jpg (57 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
57 KB, 852x480
>>51758116
Your photos that are undersaturated m8, plus we don't have fog.
>>
i never see a christian before
>>
we are muslims
>>
>>51758351
Because the Young Turks genocide them
>>
Amer genocide them in nagasaki
>>
>>51757961
Okay.
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>51758326
>we don't habe fog
>>
It varies.

There are lots of edgy college kids on an anti-religion kick. For people between 30-45, it's mostly cultural, and people older than that are generally serious about it.
>>
>>51757961
Negligible outside of immigrants.
>>
>>51758116
I don't think it is oversaturated, I have been there and it looks exactly like that. It's probably your monitor (or mine, who knows)
We have a really fucking strong sun btw
>>
>>51757961
Christians pay the Jizya
>>
>>51757961
Angry. The flipside of your accepting and eccentric Anglican church. I wish they would just go away.
>>
>fag marriage

aka dead
>>
there hardly is any
>>
File: 640px-Bosanska_Krupa_Churches.jpg (108 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
640px-Bosanska_Krupa_Churches.jpg
108 KB, 640x513
Nice. There's a church in my town and a couple Christian families. There are many towns which are predominantly Orthodox or predominantly Catholic. There's also a cathedral in Sarajevo and one in Banja Luka. There's a Francisian (FranjevaĨki) Monastery too.
>>
pretty much nonexistent
>>
File: islam4uk.jpg (7 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
islam4uk.jpg
7 KB, 286x176
>>51758302
inshallah brother, Islam will rise
>>
>>51757961
Dying out.
>>
Good I think. Our traditional culture is mainly Christian as are most Americans. Its been damaged somewhat by culture war bullshit, but unlike Europe Christianity has never been persecuted here. (Nor has any religion).

It really amazes me but USA, with all our faults, is really a damn paragon when compared to our European cousins.

Merry Christmas btw.
>>
>>51764397
this

It's weird how often people are sperging out about muh christian values yet aside from old people churches are pretty empty, a lot of people are complete and utter cunts who don't give a fuck about christian teachings and we are pretty much as christian as Czechs and czech republic has a fuckload of atheists
>>
>>51764397
Poland is 88% Christian.

>>51764599
Norway is 82% Christian.

>>51765452
Spain is 70% Christian.

>>51765555
Europe has never given a shit about Christian values in its entire history. Doesn't make them "no true Scotsmen". At worst it just means Europe makes for shitty Christians.
>>
The main church is so watered down that it can hardly be called Christian any more, it's more like a super generic humanitarian organisation. In contrast all the other smaller churches seem full retard hard-core Christian.
>>
>>51765691
Catholics are not Christians
>>
batshit crazy or too casual, nothing in between
>>
>>51765733

What do you consider "full retard hard-core Christian"? What do you consider "watered down"?
>>
>>51765787

Yeah they are. Arguable they are the first Christians. Protestants didn't exist until King Henry VIII decided to murder his wife. (Showing that being a Christian but not giving a fuck about Christian teachings is a long-standing European tradition dating back forever)
>>
>>51765434
Canada is 3.2% Muslim. We're America-tier in terms of Muslims.
>>
>>51765812

The Church of Sweden is afraid of even mentioning Jesus, while big local Churches like Livets ord believe in speaking in tongues.
>>
>>51757961
Muh pope francis
>>
>>51765885
Heresy existed for as long as Catholicism did. Remember the Lollards? Protestantism was born out of Martin Luther.
>>
>>51766009

Interesting. Why does Church of Sweden hate mentioning Jesus?

Speaking in tongues has always been a very very niche thing.
>>
>>51765885
First Christian had nothing to do with that idolatrist heresy with one man leading it
>>
File: britbongs.jpg (52 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
britbongs.jpg
52 KB, 620x387
>>51765988
soon Canada will be a holy Islamic state as well as all infadel lands. TAKBIRRRR!!!
>>
>>51766009
>while big local Churches like Livets ord believe in speaking in tongues.
what do they say and do about current sociopolitical situation in Sweden?
>>
File: Santa-Muerte.jpg (39 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
Santa-Muerte.jpg
39 KB, 417x600
>>51757961
pretty good 2bh
>>
>>51766075

They don't hate it they just want to tone a lot of traditional Christian jargon down in favour of a more philosophical and humanitarian approach.
>>
>>51766025

No I don't remember the Lollards and neither do you, they are from the 1300s. Point being, many Catholics claim to be first Christians etc. I don't see how anyone can say they aren't real Christian.
>>
>>51766098
still being butthurt at catholics? Protestantism is the very definition of heresy you guys have as much in common with Christianity as Muslims have with peace.
>>
>>51766195
Did Jesus and his apostles answer to the pope?

Catholicism is just a denomination like the rest.
>>
>>51766219
t. juan lopez
>>
>>51766152

Don't know, I live in the north and we have barely any of them here. I got plenty of experience with 7th day baptist church though and they basically believe we live in the end times.
>>
>>51766219
>implying you leftist atheicukk moron know anything about that
>>
Over 50% of the population but its in a state of rapid decline especially if you look at actual actual church attendance (which is defined as going to church once a *month) which is at 17%
>>
>>51766244

Many Catholics claim St. Peter was the first Pope. Jesus didn't answer to him because the Pope is his vicar. We can argue about who is first, but obviously Catholics are plenty Christian. If Catholics don't count as Christian than over half of the world's Christians no longer count as Christian.

>>51766300

I visited Australia and churches looked pretty much the same as they do in the USA. Suburban church was maybe half full, mostly older but some younger, Urban church was actually pretty full and had actually a huge choir. (This is Brisbane btw) Either people are lying on our surveys or they are lying on yours.
>>
>>51766170
Spoopy
>>
>>51766452
All christians are christian ofc. I'm just saing catholics aren't more christian than the orthodox or coptic etc.
>>
>>51766282
>catholicism
>leftist
are you fucked in the head or what?
>>
File: cathocucks.png (524 KB, 1152x1830) Image search: [Google]
cathocucks.png
524 KB, 1152x1830
>>51766706
>>
>>51766452
When was your visit?

Likewise why do you think your snap shot invalidates the data collected over decades? Have you considered that church consolidation might be disprationatly shading your views?
>>
>>51766794
>this pope = every Catholic

If you ever read more than the headlines of those news, you'd have found out there are conservative bishops in the Vatican that oppose his declarations and public statements
>>
>>51766706
Popish bastards always want equality
>>
>>51766798

It was this past October.

Most data is based on self-polls. Maybe I went during a really freak month, or either American or Australian polls are janked as they often tend to be. My point being, that churches looked about the same and followed similar patterns in Australia as they do in the USA. Churches also are consolidating in the US.

The urban church I went to offered a ton of masses too, and served a huge diversity of people. Very beautiful building.
>>
File: 1436843641547.png (79 KB, 1230x809) Image search: [Google]
1436843641547.png
79 KB, 1230x809
>>51767009
he is literally the leader, the one who REPRESENTS Catholicism.
>>
>>51767054
> My point being, that churches looked about the same and followed similar patterns in Australia as they do in the USA.

I think you are being overly optimistic if you think the Church in Australia is as healthy as it is in the US. Our church is in dire state

>The urban church I went to offered a ton of masses too, and served a huge diversity of people. Very beautiful building.

Thats a result of consolidation, many of these communities in the past had their own congregations but couldn't maintain independence.
>>
>>51767009
Are you telling me that Obama is a good representation of the USA?
>>
>>51767290
>>51767103
Fugg :D
>>
>>51767185

>Our church is in dire state

How is it in dire state? Low church attendance isn't the end of the world. If Australia's is low, then so must be the USA's.

>Thats a result of consolidation, many of these communities in the past had their own congregations but couldn't maintain independence.

This is also true of how churches in the USA have needed to consolidate. This is especially true of suburban churches who serve more aging/white populations. Anyway the urban church I went to didn't seem like a consolidated church (usually that would mean changing its name or mentioning sister parishes etc). The suburban church I went to in Australia was consolidated.
>>
>>51767349
>How is it in dire state? Low church attendance isn't the end of the world. If Australia's is low, then so must be the USA's.

Religion has always played a smaller role in Australia than in the US. Americas current attendence rates for instance are fairly close to our ones during the 1950s.

So not only is church attendance substantially lower but christianity has a far smaller role in our history and communities than in does in the US. Not only does this compound those attendance issues but it also means that there is no religious debate here at all.

Christianity is a serious political force in the US. People over there would be more worreid about a president being an athiest than a black or a woman. Over here no one cares about religious affiliation at all.

As for that second paragraph it really does seem like you are trying to extrapolate that to all of Australia based on your experiences in one church
>>
>>51767601

All I am saying is that while I visited Australia, I saw no difference in church attendance or Christian expression. Its a known fact that at least in the USA people lie on church attendance surveys. So who knows.

I have never heard a "religious debate" in the USA. That's an internet fedora tier troll thing. Most people mind their own business, atheists and Muslims have a bit of a bad name thanks to recent history but even then I think its a bit overblown.
>>
>>51757961
It runs my cunt
>>
>>51767755
>
All I am saying is that while I visited Australia, I saw no difference in church attendance or Christian expression. Its a known fact that at least in the USA people lie on church attendance surveys. So who knows.

That's some pol tier conspiracy reasoning.

>I have never heard a "religious debate" in the USA. That's an internet fedora tier troll thing. Most people mind their own business, atheists and Muslims have a bit of a bad name thanks to recent history but even then I think its a bit overblown.

-the debate over prayer in schools being removed.
-debate regarding removing the 10 commandments from public spaces.
-abortion debate and bombing/attacks on clinics.
-the fact that controversy still exists in regards to teaching evolution
-The fact that religious belief of presidents is important
-Protestant Zionism
-The religious rights efforts to co-opt the republican party
-Dominion theology in general

You wont find this in Australia like you will in the US.
>>
>>51768401
>That's some pol tier conspiracy reasoning.

Its an established fact that people lie on church attendance surveys. Its not a "conspiracy" to note that people lie on self-reported surveys.

>the debate over prayer in schools being removed.
Has been a non-issue for decades. It was literally abolished in the early 1960s. I think its only mentioned in the occasional apocryphal email forward from an elderly person who remembers it in the good old days. Australia meanwhile still allows it, soo...what do you mean I won't find this in Australia?
>debate regarding removing the 10 commandments from public spaces.
Also not much of a debate. Some atheists bitch about it but most people don't give a shit and live their lives without caring. You have an overblown idea of how much of a debate it is because the internet is a breeding ground for debate.
>abortion debate and bombing/attacks on clinics.
Abortion is much more restricted in Australia than in the USA, and even then there are pro-life groups in Australia. And attacks on clinics are very rare, supported by just about nobody regardless if they are pro life or pro choice. ALSO also there was an attack on abortion clinic in just 2009 in Australia. Yes we have 9 attacks since 2009 but we also have 14x your population.
>>
>>51768401

>The fact that religious belief of presidents is important
Not particularly, most Americans couldn't tell you the particular beliefs of Obama or Trump or Clinton. I know I can't. Muslims/atheists have a bit of a bad name due to recent history but even that is overblown.

>Protestant Zionism
Easily eclipsed by actual political Zionism. The idea of people who are zionists to usher in the end times seems to be an internet meme. Haven't met a single person like that IRL. Apparently it was an actual real thing in 19th century UK but the US Council of Churches has long condemned it, as irrelevant as it is.

>The religious rights efforts to co-opt the republican party
LOL. What. The Republican party deliberately has pandered to religious voters as a way of inflating their own damn numbers. Meanwhile the Democrats have, in some ways, alienated more religious voters. That's politics.

>Dominion theology in general
Never even heard of it. Apparently it appeared in some niche books in the 1970s and has been used as a scare term by people on the left. It literally does not even exist as an actual movement, but as a label that some retards use to fling at people they disagree with. You won't find it in Australia because you won't find it anywhere.
>>
>>51768870
>Its an established fact that people lie on church attendance surveys. Its not a "conspiracy" to note that people lie on self-reported surveys.

Yeah but they lie in ways that inflate attendance rather than deflate it. Its a conspiracy to belive things are hunky dory at that attendance isn't going down because everything that says otherwise is based on lies.

>Has been a non-issue for decades. It was literally abolished in the early 1960s. I think its only mentioned in the occasional apocryphal email forward from an elderly person who remembers it in the good old days. Australia meanwhile still allows it, soo...what do you mean I won't find this in Australia?

Yeah and not without controversy. In Australia prayer isnt in state schools and disappeared without a hickup. Prayer in schools here only exists in special schools. The fact that Australia makes money avalidable to private schools to subsidse education doesnt = there being prayer in state schools.

>Also not much of a debate. Some atheists bitch about it but most people don't give a shit and live their lives without caring. You have an overblown idea of how much of a debate it is because the internet is a breeding ground for debate.

The fact that it was even a debate at all shows you how different our countries are.

>Abortion is much more restricted in Australia than in the USA, and even then there are pro-life groups in Australia. And attacks on clinics are very rare, supported by just about nobody regardless if they are pro life or pro choice. ALSO also there was an attack on abortion clinic in just 2009 in Australia. Yes we have 9 attacks since 2009 but we also have 14x your population.

Look size of the movements protests and the intesnsity of violence- in our entier history we have two failed fire bombings whilst the US has numerous murders.
>>
>>51770014
>Not particularly, most Americans couldn't tell you the particular beliefs of Obama or Trump or Clinton. I know I can't. Muslims/atheists have a bit of a bad name due to recent history but even that is overblown.

The specifics aren't important as long as they are Christian (though people were parnoid about kennedy being a Catholic). Look at the extensive references to religion made in the talk of US presidents. In Australia even something like God bless would be seem as highly usual.

>LOL. What. The Republican party deliberately has pandered to religious voters as a way of inflating their own damn numbers. Meanwhile the Democrats have, in some ways, alienated more religious voters. That's politics.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/taking_over.htm

http://www.publiceye.org/magazine/v08n1/chrisre4.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Coalition_of_America

>Never even heard of it. Apparently it appeared in some niche books in the 1970s and has been used as a scare term by people on the left. It literally does not even exist as an actual movement, but as a label that some retards use to fling at people they disagree with. You won't find it in Australia because you won't find it anywhere.

Your own ignorance of your countries history doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

>You won't find it in Australia because you won't find it anywhere.

Theres never been an Australian exceptionalism mindset like the US has that would justify such belief. See the above links and to a lesser extent take a look at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_right#National_organizations

as well.
>>
>>51770014

>Yeah but they lie in ways that inflate attendance rather than deflate it. Its a conspiracy to belive things are hunky dory at that attendance isn't going down because everything that says otherwise is based on lies.

Yeah I know they tend to inflate attendance, at least in the USA. That was my whole point. That said I don't think low attendance is the end of the world. Its not like Jews are dying in the USA just because they are 2% of the population and an even smaller amount go to synagogue or whatever.

>In Australia prayer isnt in state schools and disappeared without a hickup.
Australia still permits prayer in schools to this day. That's why there is no "hickup".
>The fact that it was even a debate at all shows you how different our countries are.
So because we have bitchy atheists, that makes our countries different? I am sure you have bitchy atheists too somewhere. In fact I just looked up atheism australia and found some atheists bitching about Turnbull calling the ISIS murderers godless and talking about the evil Christians who want "no religion" to be the last option on the census (??). It doesn't mean its a "debate" it means you have bitchy atheists the same as we do.
>Look size of the movements protests and the intesnsity of violence- in our entier history we have two failed fire bombings whilst the US has numerous murders.
Tiny tiny handful of murders. I think a grand total of 5 in the last 10 years? Compared to the general rate of violence in the USA that is literally nothing. And we have 14x your population so of course the movements will be bigger. Australia still has a pro-life movement and stricter rules on abortion than we do.
>>
I can only speak for Catholicism. Traditionalists are far and few between, with a handful of FSSP parishes scattered across the country. Some non-FSSP parishes also offer Tridentine Mass, but it is not uncommon that this is only once a month. The principal body of Catholics in Canada are modernists who have never experienced traditional Latin Mass and were raised with the NOM. I attended one recently. It's very strange and Protestant-like.

As for the rest of Canada, particularly the youth, most people are secularists. If they are not outright atheists or agnostics, they instead call themselves "cultural Christians," which is to say nothing at all. They neither know Sacred Scripture nor the doctrines of their faith, nor do they particularly know or care to know God.
>>
>>51766192
>They don't hate it they just want to tone a lot of traditional Christian jargon down in favour of a more philosophical and humanitarian approach.

Ok, fair enough. A very Scandinavian interpretation of the religion.
>>
>>51770247
>The specifics aren't important as long as they are Christian (though people were parnoid about kennedy being a Catholic). Look at the extensive references to religion made in the talk of US presidents. In Australia even something like God bless would be seem as highly usual.

10 second google search found the last Australian PM quote: "My love for this country as strong as ever and may god bless this great commonwealth." Which is about as far as most quotes from politicians go in the USA.

>http://www.theocracywatch.org/taking_over.htm
Ah yes, "theocracywatch.org". And another article talking about "dominionism" which we already established isn't a real movement at all.

No seriously, the Christian Coalition is just a Christian interest group, it has nothing to do with "taking over the Republicans". The Republicans pander to Christians to get votes.

>Your own ignorance of your countries history doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Nope you are ignorant.

>Those labeled dominionists rarely use the terms "dominionist" and "dominionism" for self-description, and some people have attacked the use of such words.[1] Journalist Anthony Williams charged that such usage aims "to smear the Republican Party as the party of domestic Theocracy, facts be damned".[60] Journalist Stanley Kurtz labeled it "conspiratorial nonsense", "political paranoia", and "guilt by association",[61] and decried Hedges' "vague characterizations" that allow him to "paint a highly questionable picture of a virtually faceless and nameless 'Dominionist' Christian mass".[62]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Theology

Its not a real thing. Its a scare term, not an actual solidified "movement". Yes, just because there are Christians on the right wing doesn't make it a real thing either.
>>
>>51765691
>Europe has never given a shit about Christian values in its entire history. Doesn't make them "no true Scotsmen". At worst it just means Europe makes for shitty Christians

De Tocqueville said back in the 1820s that after visiting the US, he'd never been to another country where the Christian religion was so fervently believed.
>>
File: 1444422175434.jpg (44 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
1444422175434.jpg
44 KB, 700x560
>>
>>51770432
>Yeah I know they tend to inflate attendance, at least in the USA. That was my whole point. That said I don't think low attendance is the end of the world. Its not like Jews are dying in the USA just because they are 2% of the population and an even smaller amount go to synagogue or whatever.

Attendance is probably the best measure of a societies value of faith there is. The point i was making that if inflation carriers over then the low end of Australian stats put it at around 8% which is well bellow even the lowest US estimates.

>Its not like Jews are dying in the USA just because they are 2% of the population and an even smaller amount go to synagogue or whatever.

Actually it is which is why they are calling it the silent holocaust.

>Australia still permits prayer in schools to this day. That's why there is no "hickup".

Just like the US does, its only in private institutions not state schools, the difference is we managed to do this without any big arguments.

>So because we have bitchy atheists, that makes our countries different? I am sure you have bitchy atheists too somewhere. In fact I just looked up atheism australia and found some atheists bitching about Turnbull calling the ISIS murderers godless and talking about the evil Christians who want "no religion" to be the last option on the census (??). It doesn't mean its a "debate" it means you have bitchy atheists the same as we do.

Theres a difference between a few people whining about turnbulls words and a people arguing a case all the way up to the Supreme Court to get a statue removed.
>>
File: 1438117649940.png (159 KB, 1270x1136) Image search: [Google]
1438117649940.png
159 KB, 1270x1136
pretty fucking retarded
>>
>>51765733
>The main church is so watered down that it can hardly be called Christian any more
Did you hear about how Kierkegaard threw a stomping fit over how the Church of Denmark was just a cultural institution? That was back in the XIX century so it doesn't seem like a new development in Scandinavia.
>>
>>51765885
> Protestants didn't exist until King Henry VIII decided to murder his wife. (Showing that being a Christian but not giving a fuck about Christian teachings is a long-standing European tradition dating back forever)
Holy shit Americlap education
>>
>>51770817
>Actually it is which is why they are calling it the silent holocaust.
That is stupid though, and if I seriously saw a Jewish guy comparing being a religious minority to getting holocausted I would smack him. In the USA everyone has freedom to practice their religion however they want. We have the biggest population of Jews in the world. Get over it.

>we managed to do this without any big arguments.
You managed to do it without actually banning prayer in schools. Australia looks a lot more open to religion in general.

>Today, the Commonwealth Government provides broad-based funding to religious schools and also funds school chaplains for public and private schools. All Australian parliaments are opened with a Christian prayer, and the preamble to the Australian Constitution refers to a "humbl[e] rel[iance] on the blessing of Almighty God."[23]

Hm.

>Theres a difference between a few people whining about turnbulls words and a people arguing a case all the way up to the Supreme Court to get a statue removed.
Americans are litigation happy and love to bitch a lot.
>>
>>51760275
The problem with Ireland is that the younger generation has a massive hateboner for the RCC due to its keeping the country in a quasi-medieval state for much of the XX century.
>>
Is there a Western nation other than the Faroe Islands where Christianity isn't on its last legs? Even in Clapistan it seems to be losing a ton of ground, except in the bible-thumping parts.
>>
>>51770432
>Tiny tiny handful of murders. I think a grand total of 5 in the last 10 years? Compared to the general rate of violence in the USA that is literally nothing. And we have 14x your population so of course the movements will be bigger. Australia still has a pro-life movement and stricter rules on abortion than we do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#Murders

Even when you account for population differences the US still is praportionaly more violent against abortionists.

>10 second google search found the last Australian PM quote: "My love for this country as strong as ever and may god bless this great commonwealth." Which is about as far as most quotes from politicians go in the USA.

A speech given to right wingers after getting ousted by the liberal left. Even Obama goes beyond this in his rethoric.

>Ah yes, "theocracywatch.org". And another article talking about "dominionism" which we already established isn't a real movement at all.

I bring up articles and investigations done by time magazine and you just saying "no" doesnt suddenly make it not a movement.

Establish why it isnt a movement dont declare it.

>
No seriously, the Christian Coalition is just a Christian interest group, it has nothing to do with "taking over the Republicans". The Republicans pander to Christians to get votes.

Why not refute the points on the site instead of just handwaving it?

>Nope you are ignorant.

Its an ideology the underpins their goals. Their practices are in line with this even if they dont uphold the label.

For instance look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Reconstructionism

Not dominion theologists but practices that are in line with it/
>>
In most of Europe, Christianity is a cultural symbol and a shield against Islam rather than a revealed religion.
>>
Apparently we're 11% catholic
Didn't know we were that Irish
>>
>>51771033
Yes, Poland. In fact it seems almost as though we are seeing a resurgence of the Christian right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY
>>
A minority, but at the same time there are very religious regions in all shades of christianity. Catholic regions, die hard protestant regions.
>>
>>51771033
>Is there a Western nation other than the Faroe Islands where Christianity isn't on its last legs? Even in Clapistan it seems to be losing a ton of ground, except in the bible-thumping parts.
I'll put it this way. Would you attend a church that ordains transgender ministers? The churches that are dying off, have empty pews except for old people, they're all the ones that promote cultural Marxism.
>>
>>51771037
>Even when you account for population differences the US still is praportionaly more violent against abortionists.

Nope not even, 5/14 < 1. That's also not even controlling for our much more violent society in general.

>A speech given to right wingers after getting ousted by the liberal left. Even Obama goes beyond this in his rethoric.

Uh okay? What does right winger have to do with anything? Saying "God bless" is about as far as Obama goes too. he doesn't start talking about the Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the Sufferings of Christ Jesus Crucified either.

Meanwhile you said that "God bless" would be unheard of to hear from a PM which I proved wrong.

>Its an ideology the underpins their goals. Their practices are in line with this even if they dont uphold the label.

Nope, the label is fearmongering bs. And "Christian Reconstructionists" have totally irrelevant tiny numbers as shown in that very wikipedia article. Its not remotely mainstream.
>>
>>51770962
>That is stupid though, and if I seriously saw a Jewish guy comparing being a religious minority to getting holocausted I would smack him. In the USA everyone has freedom to practice their religion however they want. We have the biggest population of Jews in the world. Get over it.

So Jews concerned about them assimilating at at a rapid rate and loosing their faith is unjustifyed because their choice of language offends you?

>You managed to do it without actually banning prayer in schools. Australia looks a lot more open to religion in general.

>Today, the Commonwealth Government provides broad-based funding to religious schools and also funds school chaplains for public and private schools.

A program that isnt even 10 years old and is primary based around providing funding to private school chaplins.

>All Australian parliaments are opened with a Christian prayer, and the preamble to the Australian Constitution refers to a "humbl[e] rel[iance] on the blessing of Almighty God."[23]

Reading comprehension. Parliament isn't a school.

>Americans are litigation happy and love to bitch a lot.

Yeah because its an important issue there.
Just like the US
>>
>>51771054
It must be a pretty weak symbol, considering how churches are all becoming empty.

That's the part I don't understand about all the "muh cultural symbol" crowd. How do they expect their "cultural symbol" to actually continue existing if they don't actually participate in the religious life of their Church (which is pretty nigh impossible to really do over a long period of time if you're not at least a bit religious, which most people simply aren't)? Do they really think churches will just all magically manage to survive when they have no money? Do they really think priests simply grow on trees, and that the church will simply always manage to magically have a steady supply of clergymen? Do they actually expect the Church to survive without clergymen?

This "muh cultural symbol" crowd needs to either embrace their religion (i.e. become religious), or ditch it and look for a more appropriate "cultural symbol" elsewhere. This "in-between" stance is incredibly short-sighted, and frankly a bit retarded.
>>
>>51771033

Uh, in most Western countries, Christianity forms a majority. "Losing ground" is not the same as "last legs". The West in general is "losing ground" as a result of rapidly aging and dying populations.
>>
>>51771095
The Netherlands has always had a very tolerant anything-goes society which probably explains this sort of thing.
>>
>>51771095
We unironically have four religious (Christian) parties in parliament.

Right wing center. (christian democrats)
Left wing save the world. (christian union)
Right wing ban all women to the kitchen and get rid of democracy. (reformed party)
And left wing give the planet back to the animals. (The Animal Party)

The last two are literally insane.
>>
>>51771185

>So Jews concerned about them assimilating at at a rapid rate and loosing their faith is unjustifyed because their choice of language offends you?

It doesn't "offend" me, its "bullshit". They aren't being holocausted.

>A program that isnt even 10 years old and is primary based around providing funding to private school chaplins. Reading comprehension. Parliament isn't a school.

My point being Australia in general seems very open to religion in a way that teh USA isn't. Why is Australia funding private school chaplains? How weird can you get?
>>
>>51771199
>It must be a pretty weak symbol, considering how churches are all becoming empty.
>That's the part I don't understand about all the "muh cultural symbol" crowd. How do they expect their "cultural symbol" to actually continue existing if they don't actually participate in the religious life of their Church

But that's really always been how it is in Europe. You're traditionally born into the state church whether you practice it or not. American society has always been more like you have to actively practice to be a believer.
>>
>>51771212
>a majority.
A nominal majority, which means little to nothing.

Let me rephrase it: Is there a Western nation other than the Faroe Islands where Church-goers aren't soon to be extinct?
>>
If you go to African countries like Nigeria, the churches are packed to capacity and it's all young people, not the elderly. There's no multicult garbage there either. Gays in Nigeria are destined for Hell.

And ofc the whole shield against Islam thing which is a problem in Africa like almost everywhere else.
>>
>>51771278

It means as much as it always has. The West has always been nominally Christian. The West never seriously took all they have to give to the poor, the West never seriously turned the other cheek. The West exploits the poor and goes to war with the weak. All Christianity has meant to MOST of the West is just a label which made them better than the heathens around them and gave justifications for conquests, which now the West doesn't need anymore because they already stole most everything worth stealing.

> Church-goers aren't soon to be extinct

Once again, most. Even in Czech Republic, fedora capital of Europe, Church attendance is >10%. Its silly to pin all Christianity on church attendance anyway. Its nice and all, but Jesus never went to Church.
>>
>>51771174
>Nope not even, 5/14 < 1. That's also not even controlling for our much more violent society in general.

Nice math skills, there were two attempts in Australia compared to 40 in the US.

>Uh okay? What does right winger have to do with anything? Saying "God bless" is about as far as Obama goes too. he doesn't start talking about the Sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the Sufferings of Christ Jesus Crucified either.
Meanwhile you said that "God bless" would be unheard of to hear from a PM which I proved wrong.

Compare like with like look at the public inauguration speeches of Obama and Abbott.

http://www.baka.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2013/tony-abbotts-victory-speech-20130907-2tcxc.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/01/21/inaugural-address-president-barack-obama

compare the use and intensity of religious reference. Abbot doesnt even mention God once.

>Nope, the label is fearmongering bs. And "Christian Reconstructionists" have totally irrelevant tiny numbers as shown in that very wikipedia article. Its not remotely mainstream.

So why not actually produce proof why the links are incorrect rather than hand waiving them as insignificant?
>>
It comes and goes in cycles. For example, the Renaissance was kind of a more liberal time when people weren't as fanatically religious and Popes talked about Zeus more than Jesus. And then the Reformation brought about 150 years of relatively extreme religious passions. Then the Enlightenment, a less religious time with more skepticism which was followed by a religious revival in the 19th century in part because of revulsion at the excesses of the French Revolution.
>>
Christianity in USA is still very strong from what I understand, but its mainly retarded creationist protestants, and because most media comes from America it ends up getting a very bad reputation
>>
>>51771218
True. But I think people here are so irreligious because we simply dont talk about religion, besides Islam bashing. Christians dont preach and the rest doesn't ask. How are you going to turn people Christian if they don't even know what the fuck people do in a church?
>>
>>51771252
>It doesn't "offend" me, its "bullshit". They aren't being holocausted.

The ends are the same.

>My point being Australia in general seems very open to religion in a way that teh USA isn't. Why is Australia funding private school chaplains? How weird can you get?

Its not weird at all, it helps prop these schools up which take pressure of the underfunded state system and chaplains help fill the role of school counselors and psychologists which are currently being heavily demanded by the school system.
>>
>>51771402
>Nice math skills, there were two attempts in Australia compared to 40 in the US.

There were 5 actual murders in the last 10 years in the USA. Don't account old shit or stuff where people merely got hurt in the context of property damage.

>Compare like with like look at the public inauguration speeches of Obama and Abbott.

The Australian link is broken but all Obama did was quote the Declaration of Independence. He mentions God a few times but not even with an actual Christian or religious bent, just the ceremonial deism that is part of culture.

And we both know that a single cherry picked speech doesn't say much since we know Abbott also said "God bless" and such.

>So why not actually produce proof why the links are incorrect rather than hand waiving them as insignificant?

Read the links yourself. It literally notes that the numbers are insignificant and most of the supposed relevance of that stuff is from people who harp about "dominionists". There's nothing to even talk about.
>>
>>51771572
>
There were 5 actual murders in the last 10 years in the USA. Don't account old shit or stuff where people merely got hurt in the context of property damage.

Old shit this stuff? the past 30 years isnt old stuff. A bulk of these happened in the past 15 years anyway. Likewise even if we use your statistics it doesnt work out as there have never been any murders in Australia the closet we have is an activist getting shot when he tried to fire bomb and kidnap some people.

>Read the links yourself. It literally notes that the numbers are insignificant and most of the supposed relevance of that stuff is from people who harp about "dominionists". There's nothing to even talk about.

Not true.
>>
>>51767103
the more i see these kinds of images the more i convince myself the people who make them and the people who post them have no fucking clue what they're talking about
>>
>>51771691

> even if we use your statistics it doesnt work out

Yes it does, because 5/14 is less than 1. Also Australia is less violent in general. 5 is a sneeze in terms of the greater American population or our murder rates.

>Not true.

True.
>>
It used to be popular but now Catholicism is going to ruin this country even further
>>
>>51771757
>Catholicism
>>
>>51771947

Catholicism is the single largest religious denomination in the USA.
>>
>>51771990
True, but its mainly the Protestant branches that are retarded
>>
>>51772112

Depends on what you think is retarded. Catholics are right now major advocates of open immigration, pro-life etc. Protestants go all over the spectrum.
>>
>>51772185
Protestants are creationist, anti-science kind of people
>>
>>51772291
As he said, Protestants go all over the spectrum. Certain branches are like that, many are not.
>>
>>51772291

Some are and some aren't. The same as Catholics. Creationism, outside of some gimmicky museum doesn't really matter much to the quality of life in the USA. It doesn't matter at all desu.
>>
>>51771488
But then hasn't it really always been that way? All the way back in the Middle Ages, the Low Countries had a rather laisse-faire attitude to religion. The local churches were quite independent of Rome, pagans coexisted alongside Christians and ngaf.
>>
>>51766136
enjoy it while it lasts. It's 2015
>>
>>51757961
Abominating stupidly hard, truly extraordinary.
>>
>>51766075
>Why does Church of Sweden hate mentioning Jesus?
r u having a laugh there m8?
>inb4 welcome to you're doom
im dying guys
this abomination is too funny
>>
File: aceh-church.jpg (141 KB, 940x470) Image search: [Google]
aceh-church.jpg
141 KB, 940x470
bretty gud, here we usually burn or bomb churches to celebrate christmas :DDDD
>>
File: SacredHeartJesus.jpg (75 KB, 266x408) Image search: [Google]
SacredHeartJesus.jpg
75 KB, 266x408
>>51757961
Surviving and growing. Catholicism in particular, many conversions, especially among young people between 18 and 25 years old, it's slow but steady.

Who cares about the other heretics ?
>>
Being anything but christian here is social death sentence.
>>
I'm constantly being proselytized by the hundreds of different christian denominations in my town.
>>
2% of the population, either arabs or russians
>>
>>51776542
How did the Russians get there?
>>
>>51770817
>Attendance is probably the best measure of a societies value of faith there is.
I disagree, "attending" "church" began as a sort of security ritual and exoteric initiation ritual didn't it? In a decent and secure society attending "church" isn't practical, it's outdated and proven practically ineffective in many settings.
Tradition is supposed to be passed down by families, arbitrary religious institutions are nearly useless except in regards to "defending the faith" and providing happiness with construction and employment.
>>
>>51760115
You had a baptist prime minister.
>>
>>51758302
Same here
>>
I live in the South, so it's thriving in these parts. Merry Christmas to my brothers and sisters in Christ, and merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it for kicks.
>>
>>51776247
Beautiful, Indonesia sounds nice. Good to know there are still natives fending off oppressors... And people wonder why Islam is so successful, forget all the nice cultures that were destroyed, subjected or oppressed after being visited by "missionaries".
>>
lmao
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bishops-in-house-of-lords-should-make-way-for-leaders-of-other-religions-a6762821.html
>>
>>51778989
By airplanes , familia .
>>
>>51779099
But why did they go there?
>>
File: 1449312486170.png (19 KB, 700x430) Image search: [Google]
1449312486170.png
19 KB, 700x430
>>51757961
Dying afaik.
>>
Amerifat here. Obviously it's big, but kind of superficially so, honestly. Americans all say they are Christian, but those of whom are are seriously so are pretty few and far between outside of the Bible Belt.

How many "Christians" in America just go to church on Easter and Christmas only to watch their shitty kids in some play? A lot. How many more just say they are because it's how they were raised and their family is traditionally the same way? A lot. America is far less of Christfag country then most people seem to think. I would put Poland up as an example of a truly Christian country.
>>
>>51776315
I fucking hate how some Catholics think they have (had) some sort of authority to monopolize the faith, as if their "Church" is trustworthy or something, it's outrageously upsetting. Free the Vatican, don't cater to the hoes. They've been ruining gene pools under the guise of religion for centuries, it's the biggest atrocity committed by any religion.
>>
>>51779131
because they're ethnically jewish and because staying in Russia after the fall of the USSR seemed pointless and plain retarded , also russians and polacks were here from the very begining , building the country from scrap .
>>
>>51779146
good
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.