[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If not for American political intervention, both France and Italy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15
File: 2463.jpg (66 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
2463.jpg
66 KB, 640x422
If not for American political intervention, both France and Italy would have become communist after WW2.

Yet in both of these countries there is a lot of anti-American sentiment today. Not only did America liberate these 2 countries during WW2, it also saved them from communism after the war.

French and Italian people need to be a lot more thankful for America in my opinion. They literally owe everything they have to America.
>>
>Yet in both of these countries there is a lot of anti-American sentiment today

?
maybe in france
>>
We owe our existence to france, and Italy gave us pizza so we're square.
>>
File: nodalmolin.jpg (22 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
nodalmolin.jpg
22 KB, 300x225
>>51744269
>>
Some things don't change, the French are still madly in love with the State
>>
File: Balance-of-Power46.png (34 KB, 292x756) Image search: [Google]
Balance-of-Power46.png
34 KB, 292x756
>>51744184
>Yet in both of these countries there is a lot of anti-American sentiment today
>>
>>51744361
people protesting against Us military bases exist everywhere,I wouldn't say italy is anti-american though,I think germany is more because the eastern part of your cunt used to be communist
>>
Whats wrong with communism?
>>
>>51744320
Words of wisdom
>>
>>51744873
Literally everything.
>>
>>51744320
>our existence

Form of government != existence.

You owe your not being more like Canada to France.
>>
>>51744184
As far as I know, Germany is the most butthurt, anti-American country after Serbia.

Last time I checked, we basically saved you from getting steamrolled by the Russians, rebuilt your country and supported your unification (against the wishes of our actual allies).

Get fucked.
>>
>>51744975

>unifying the eternal Kraut

It's like one of those ancient evil artefacts in a movie.
>>
>>51744184
>If not for American political intervention, both France and Italy would have become communist after WW2.

>French and Italian people need to be a lot more thankful for America in my opinion. They literally owe everything they have to America.

You're missing the point. France and Italy would be better with communism. Nixon and Kissinger supported violent right-wing groups in Italy that just made most people miserable.

>saved them from communism
kek

Italy was on the brink of electing communists willfully and the Christian democrats were about to merge with them until the Aldo Moro was assassinated under mysterious circumstances.
>>
>>51744873
i don't know,all my life i hear memes about it being bad,but at least if i lived in communism i would have a job
>>
>>51744184

We're probably the strongest supporters of the USA in all the west.
>>
>>51744958
>You owe your not being more like Canada to France.
so all anti-French sentiment in America is justified then?
>>
File: Alger_Hiss_(1950).jpg (15 KB, 385x300) Image search: [Google]
Alger_Hiss_(1950).jpg
15 KB, 385x300
In Italy maybe that's true, but in France it was only thanks to De Gaulle that the country didn't fall to communism.

You have to remember that the American State Department was infiltrated by commies, they deliberately fucked up American foreign policy to let communists win in countries like China.
>>
File: austria.jpg (6 KB, 350x185) Image search: [Google]
austria.jpg
6 KB, 350x185
>>51745024
Between you and me, speaking strictly as Anglo-to-Anglo, they don't know that there's still one final piece to the puzzle.
>>
>>51744184
Thank you, Jewmany, for Marxism and all that communist funding.
>>
>>51744958
French got rheir form of government from us not the other way around retard.

Dates are hard.
>>
File: redalert.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
redalert.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>51745027
exactly

>>51744924
communism is hot
>>
File: Massimo.jpg (43 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
Massimo.jpg
43 KB, 800x529
>>51745027
My cousin in Italy is unemployed but still votes Forza Italia

(not saying democratic party would be any better tho)
>>
>>51744794
what the fuck is greece's problem
>>
>>51744184
American stationed in Germany spotted.
They saved nothing.
If fact they did more damage by bombing us than Germans ever did.
Then they destroyed UK and France empire via they're proxy war with commie and sell out half of Europe to them.
If america weren't involved at all(like no selling weapons to communist scum) we wouldn't be communist.

Also the hatred have to do with the modern garbage culture america spreads all over the world.
>>
File: venezuela-line for food.jpg (83 KB, 810x455) Image search: [Google]
venezuela-line for food.jpg
83 KB, 810x455
>>51744873
http://www.economist.com/news/americas/21678836-insults-are-not-short-supply-bolivarian-english-dictionary
>>
>>51745299
They're smart enough not to trust US imperialism.
>>
>>51745375
Since the Ruble has gone to shit, how is Moscow paying you far-right-wingers these days?
>>
>>51745375
>If fact they did more damage by bombing us than Germans ever did.
Same goes for Italy. Not to say the Germans didn't also fuck over Italy. Just saying neither country should thank USA.
>>
The people in Europe that hate America passionately or for reals, would have liked Europe becoming communist so they probably hate America even more because they stopped it.
>>
>>51745394
Look,they're all togheter like a big family and everyone is in the same situation as the other,none look down on others,while in capitalistic countries everyone is alone and even more in poverty,because it's considered a shame/people become even more selfish
>>
>>51745558
I was under the impression that a sizable portion of current anti-Americanism in Europe comes from the far-right who are being bankrolled by Moscow.
>>
>>51745622
Moscow doesn't finance only the far-right in Europe. They are behind Die Linke in Germany too.
>>
>>51745622
You don't have to be anti-Russia to be anti-American. It's not a mutually exclusive thing. The world has become far more complex than the Cold War dynamic of two superpowers with European countries having to choose one to support.

To be frank you and Russia are not the only games in town, not any more.
>>
>>51745622

>Europe comes from the far-right

Not really. The left, especially the economic left, hates America far more in Finland (yet they wan't to join NATO so they can disband our military) and most European countries because of ME

>who are being bankrolled by Moscow

Literally a meme though. Guardian doesn't like Farage so they decided to drum up some bullshit.
>>
>>51745781
>You don't have to be anti-Russia to be anti-American
Obviously I mean to say you don't have to be pro-Russia to be anti-American
>>
>>51745781
That's nice, lad, but it doesn't change the fact that these reactionary, anti-EU, anti-American parties are, in fact, being funded by Moscow, spreading propaganda like "le American cultural marxist degeneracy ruining muh evropa" and whatnot.
>>
>>51744184
+15$
>>
>implying communism is something bad
It was cool. You got free houses, medicine, education (aal the high quality), you could work any work you won't, there were no unemployment.
>>
>>51745622
Far Right-wing parties in Europe aren't funded by Russia because most of them used to openly support Ukraine neonazis
>>
>>51745868

Anti-EU parties are rarely Anti-American.
>>
File: unfavourable attitudes.png (36 KB, 370x534) Image search: [Google]
unfavourable attitudes.png
36 KB, 370x534
>>51745868
SOME of them are, but not all. It's more complicated than that.

>anti-EU, anti-American parties
You have the pro-EU but anti-America perspective, with the idea that a more cohesive Europe will be less influenced by the USA. You even have the opposite, of anti-EU but pro-US sentiment, such as UKIP in the UK.

Another layer of complexity is that for some European countries, foreign policy extends further than Russia. Using the UK again as an example, there is conflict with the US on how to deal with China but broad agreement on how to deal with Russia. It extends to the public, when polled, Brits don't see the Chinese as a threat.

In pic related, you can see that British people have almost equally unfavourable attitudes to China and the USA.

So this is all far more complex than you are pretending. You're missing it because both Russia and the USA, especially Russia, are less important today than they used to be.
>>
>>51745299
your government supported the authoritarian government in the 60's and 70's.
learn 2 history burger
>>
>>51744184
Because we would have liked to be communist.
>>
Why would they thank the Americans for derailing the democratic process? Sure communist governments might have been shirty but if they win an election fair and square it's just hypocritical to bitch.
>>
>>51746401
>democratic process

During the "Liberation" of France communist militias started a murdering rampage that killed 100.000 people, the same happened in Italy. If it wasn't for the U.S. disarming them, they would establish dictatorships, not democracies.
>>
>>51746567
>implying that killing nazis as something bad
>>
File: 1335925135612.jpg (6 KB, 251x226) Image search: [Google]
1335925135612.jpg
6 KB, 251x226
>>51746766
>mongols
>>
>>51746766
>Nazis

There weren't that many Nazis in France, and those were smart enough to escape justice. They basically killed anyone locally known to be on the right of Lavrenty Beria.
>>
>>51746894
>There weren't that many Nazis in France
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France
Try to read this. It was just a redemption.
>>
File: Travail-Famille-Patrie.jpg (337 KB, 709x587) Image search: [Google]
Travail-Famille-Patrie.jpg
337 KB, 709x587
>>51747044
There was nothing "Nazi" about Vichy. They actually saved France from a much worst fate under actual occupation.
>>
>>51747199
>There was nothing nazi about vichy
8/8 im out
>>
>>51744794

I'm offended that Mexico likes us more than so many Europeans. We took half their fucking country and they still like us more than our own cousins who we show absurd favoritism to.

Ya'll are the worst fucking allies I swear.
>>
>>51747359
>We took half their fucking country and they still like us more than our own cousins
Why should they dislike you? The only reason they would start hating you is if you actually build that wall and start sending them back
>>
File: 1448481493900.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1448481493900.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>>51747359
>our own cousins who we show absurd favoritism to
>absurd favoritism
Sorry, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. The US has treated Britain like shit. One of the worst acts of betrayal was straight after the war, when, after the extensive help of British scientists and the British government to make the nuclear bomb, and after promises from the US President himself to share the resulting data, the USA shut us out of the project completely because they didn't want to share the nuclear bomb with anyone else.

>Implementing the McMahon Act created a substantial rift between United States and Britain. The new control of "restricted data" prevented the United States' allies from receiving any information, despite the fact that the British and Canadian governments, before contributing technology and manpower to the Manhattan Project, had made agreements with the United States about the post-war sharing of nuclear technology. Those agreements had been formalized in the 1943 Quebec Agreement. In the case of the United Kingdom, these were developed further in the 1944 Hyde Park Agreement, which was signed by Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Energy_Act_of_1946

What a disgusting thing to do, especially to an ally that provided loads of help and was in a terrible situation post-war and almost bankrupt
>>
>>51745134
Please be my bf!
>>
>>51747516

Most of them are still butt hurt about the southwest and think it's the reason why Mexico sucks. We did take all that oil and gold. Mexico would have been a much greater nation of it had that land.
>>
>>51747657

That's not now and it's not how it's been since then. We were still on edge about you guys at that point. We had not been the allies we are today then, we were still borderline enemies.
>>
>>51747694
>Most of them are still butt hurt about the southwest and think it's the reason why Mexico sucks

{citation needed}
>>
>>51747807

Where do you think the whole "you owe us America" mentality comes from from these self righteous Mexicans who boast about defying our borders?
>>
>>51747851
Which "you owe us America" mentality are you talking about, m8? And which Mexicans are boasting about defying our boarders?

And AFAIK, the "reconquista" or whatever is a meme from (muh heritage) Chicanos who are butthurt about being told that they don't belong here.
>>
File: 1448847857350-0.png (242 KB, 376x374) Image search: [Google]
1448847857350-0.png
242 KB, 376x374
>>51745868
>implying they're wrong
>being a nigger
>the current year
>>
>>51748054
>rightards will unironically consider this intellectual discourse
>>
>>51747800
Give me some examples of this "absurd favouritism" then? Because later we had the Suez Crisis, and even later during the supposedly harmonious Reagan-Thatcher era we had the US respond to the invasion of the Falklands by attempting to gift the Argentine Junta sovereignty of the islands - only helping Britain once the Argentines refused US diplomatic help.

>The most striking revelation from the meeting is the degree to which Haig's compromise favored the Argentines. The minutes are quite clear on this point: Haig "then described the elements of the American plan which in effect would give ultimate sovereignty to Argentina but under evolutionary conditions which the Islanders could ultimately accept."

>It's far from clear, however, that the islanders could or would accept Argentine sovereignty, nor that Haig was really solicitous of their interests. He had recently told U.S. congressmen that the principle of "self-determination" did not really apply to them. And an off-color joke of his about their sexual practices underlined his lack of sympathy.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303816504577313852502105454

It's worth remember that the USA actually put this military Junta in power in Argentina.

The fact is that the USA has always attempted to marginalise Britain whenever possible
>>
>>51748129
>being mad that people don't like your bullshit
>>
>>51748236
>being a rightkek

Top subhuman 2bh.
>>
>>51744184
america literally owes everything to france, also youre that amerishit stationed in germany, I bet germans despise you there also

I dont know why would anyone not be wary of amerishits, given that you ahve a record of backstabbing every one of your allies time and time again
>>
>>51745868
>these reactionary, anti-EU, anti-American parties

Such as?
>>
>>51748281
>leftwinger calling anyone a kuck
Why are you mad if people don't like America btw
>>
>>51748456
It's fine to dislike America.

It's just that Putinshills and reactionary "muh evropa muh idealized past" rightkeks are literal subhumans and ought to be exterminated.
>>
the reasons why some Italians may not like America are the following:

-the public opinion was against NATO military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it's widely accepted that the current situation is the result of said operations.
-After the Iraq and Afghanistan unpopular wars, America has been more cautious in the Middle east, but today this hesitation regarding attacking the Islamic State is seen as either weakness or tacital approval.
-there are proofs that the Americans are spying on France and Germany, so it's obvious they're spying on us as well
-allegations of heavy American involvment in the terrorism in Italy during the 1970's
-American military bases in Italy, some people feel like we're just an American colony
-sanctions against Russia, which are damaging our trade
-A vocal minority supports Palestine over Israel
>>
>>51748499
Why? Are you mad Putin won't let us ruin his country? Why would you be mad about that? Are you George Soros? Do you call him on the phone?
>>
File: 1401173219137.jpg (66 KB, 560x444) Image search: [Google]
1401173219137.jpg
66 KB, 560x444
>>51748499
>>51748622

>Americans and Geopolitics: An anonymous exchange of ideas
>>
>>51748913
>german blood
>>
>>51749062

>Van Duytschen bloet
>German blood

I would explain, but Americans have enough trouble with Dutch/Deutsch as it is.
>>
>>51749290
I understand it unlike the anti-Putin pleb.
>>
>>51747359
Oh boy
>>
>>51750480
You can disregard his opinion because he says "y'all".
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.