[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people in suburban/rural areas do for fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: 144043919109.jpg (378 KB, 1000x1172) Image search: [Google]
144043919109.jpg
378 KB, 1000x1172
Ever notice how everyone who doesn't live in a major city always looks either depressed or bored out of their fucking minds?

They're either shopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going to pubs, watching TV/Movies/Youtube or playing cruel and unusual pranks on their friends.

That's it. That's all they have.

Holy shit, how can anyone live like that?

What keeps them from just killing themselves?
>>
File: savage M90 22mag.jpg (955 KB, 2189x1642) Image search: [Google]
savage M90 22mag.jpg
955 KB, 2189x1642
>>51682311
I shoot guns for a living.
>>
>>51682311
torrenting movies and shit 2bh

and playing stalker
>>
>>51682311
They become bitter people, and talk sht about others.They always blame others for thier problems, becuase they are lifeless pathetic people
>>
I can tell you that it's not as grim as you make it sound, I live in a city but I was born and grew up in a little seaside town and I periodically go back home to see my family.

It's true that there isn't much to do in terms of variety and your whole world seems so much smaller but there is other things to it that make it bearable. Like the people still maintain their traditions, which is nice. For example you'll have a much closer relationship with the other families and all their members in a little town, you always know who's getting a job where or who's marrying your high school classmate and such, it feels more human to live knowing these things about other people, in the city you just don't get that, you keep meeting people who like you came from other places and they keep staying a while and disappearing completely after a certain amount of time. Even if they live two streets away from you you might never see them again, everything is reduced to a more mechanical system that is somehow stripped of the emotions you get living in a close society where you develop long term affections (but also grudges).

One other thing is the speed of things, in the city everything is fast, which can be good, but mostly it's you who has to adjust to it, people expect you to be fast in both actions and thoughts, it can be stressful. Back in the village though you can mostly take it easy and let things follow naturally, at least here people don't want you to be as quick as possible, the whole process of doing something takes way longer.

And finally there is the nature, maybe it's because I'm fundamentally a redneck but I get tired of concrete and glass and asphalt and I crave the stupid trees and the unpolluted sea sometimes. Which you'll never find in a city, or you'll find but differently, like you can go to the park but instead of hearing the owls' cries you'll just see middle aged people jogging and listening to music in their headphones, it's different, to me at least.
>>
>>51682611
I'm going you give you a (You) for the effort you put into that post.
>>
>>51682611
Nice job mate. Have a (you)
>>
File: 1341870830450.jpg (34 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1341870830450.jpg
34 KB, 268x265
>>51682671
>>51682703
thanks lads
>>
Cities are overrated as fuck

The people who are always shitting over rura life are always the same people who spend their free time watching netflix and using social media.

Sure there are plays and shit nearby but you never see them because they're not as exciting as your capeshit movies, there are museums but you can't be arsed going more than once and even that first time you went through as fast as possible without actually looking at anything, there are lots of local places where bands play but you don't go to see them except if it's some overrated pop star or rapper at the local stadium or arena and there are bars and restaurants where they serve exotic food and drink but you'll always find a favourite place and stick to it and hardly go anywhere else

The thing is that all the things cosmopolitan poofters are so proud of can be done in a weekend visit by rural people but cityfags will never be able to appreciate rural life.
>>
>>51682311
It's the opposite here, people in villages and small towns look happy and in large towns and cities look miserable and rush around everywhere.
>>
>>51682755
This doesn't apply to small countries thou
>>
>>51682311
I don't know about you , anon but people in the country side here are generally nicer as opposed to urban peeps and I really find them easilyt one of the happiest people I met. I guess living simply helps you be like that. Urbanized areas are highly competitive and pretty strtessing to some people that's why there are many reports of suicide from people in the city than the rural area.
>>
>>51682311
they fuck sheeps
>>
File: an owl.jpg (506 KB, 1280x1006) Image search: [Google]
an owl.jpg
506 KB, 1280x1006
>>51682311
> They're either shopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going to pubs, watching TV/Movies/Youtube
wait, what else there to do in a major city aside from this list? clubs, amusement parks and a hobby?
>>
>>51682311
RRRRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51683002
Bondes pls
>>
>>51682611
>I live in a city
Stopped reading
>>
>>51682311
In Tokyo my co-workers do this routine : work->eat->sleep. On weekends sit at home watch tv/internet/play games and sleep more. Wow such a life in megapolises.
>>
And what do you in a city for fun, other than buying junk or buying overpriced food?
>>
I could live anywhere I had internet and a computer t b h
>>
>>51683198
There is no university where I'm from, also the first years in the city are a blast.
>>
>>51682311
>They're either shopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going to pubs, watching TV/Movies/Youtube or playing cruel and unusual pranks on their friend

What are you doing for fun in a city?
>>
>>51682311
casual sex
>>
>>51682311
>They're either shopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going to pubs, watching TV/Movies/Youtube or playing cruel and unusual pranks on their friends.
Totally not like life in big cities.
>>
>>51683429
Basically the same except you have more pubs, shops, restaurants and everything available so it doesn't get so stale.
>>
The big plus with cities is the ability to go out and drink in multiple bars/clubs imo
>>
>What keeps them from just killing themselves?

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/28/8567.abstract
>>
Recently discovered this is big in Euro areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AC07tW7gas
>>
I live in a rural area with literally nothing but abandoned potato farms and it's pretty fucking great because I'm a shut-in anyway and I'd hate living in a noisy area full of people.
>>
File: Suburbs.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Suburbs.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>Cityfags will never EVER get to go to a nice peaceful park and hit a ball around with their friends
>>
>>51683887
There are 10,000 spiders in this image
>>
having sex
>>
>>51682362
>They become bitter people, and talk sht about others.They always blame others for thier problems, becuase they are lifeless pathetic people
This so much!

I grew up on the country side and moved to a big city to study. I would never go back, the main thing I miss about country life is how you can't have your own house in a city and instead you are forced to live in an apartment but it's still better than having to drive everywhere and never meeting any new people
>>
>>51684041
What are you talking about? There's normal ordinary houses in cities too champ.
>>
>>51684164
Either the house is too small for being called a real house or the city is too rural for being called a city.

Living 10km from the town square is not what i would call city life
>>
Ever notice how city people are annoying and degenerates?
>>
>>51683913
I need to learn to levitate before visiting autralia lads.
>>
I find they are backward and really obviously sheltered. I mean it's not their fault, but there is an obvious difference between people who grew up in the country and people who grew up in the city.
>>
>>51683887
m8 I did exactly that today and I live 3 km away from Sydney CBD
>>
Internet is my best friend
>>
When I raise a child it will be in the countryside. By the time they are 16-17 I will pressure them more into city life, travelling and independence. I would expect them to live in a city by the time they are 18. The majority of the most well-adjusted people I've met have been through a similar process.
>>
>>51682311
Really? I would say the complete opposite. People from the city don't know how to have fun. They are generally shallow and lifeless people, and a shit time is guaranteed when hanging out with someone from the city.
>>
>>51686366
triggered ;^)
>>
>>51685807
>The majority of the most well-adjusted people I've met have been through a similar process.

I did that, best of both worlds
>>
>>51686585
junantuomat hiljaa
>>
File: P1000715.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
P1000715.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>51682311
I live in a town that on a good day has about 1500 people in it. I enjoy hunting and fishing, also my family has a cabin that is seemingly a endless list of things to do there so that keeps me pretty busy.
Its nice living in a place where the air is clean and crime is pretty much nonexistent.
>>
>>51686920
oh my who's this beauty
>>
File: P1000713.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
P1000713.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
>>51687323
Norinco m305 picked it up probably 3 years ago for $500 the scope base is a Canadian made tension mount that replaced the rear sight and the scope is a leupold VX R 3-9x50mm
>>
>>51687628
thanks, I always wanted a M-14 clone. Is it reliable.
>>
>>51688690
they are built using the tools and equipment originally used to manufacture US military m14's they are functionally great quality but Chinese quality control lets cosmetic shit go that American manufactures would scrap entire production runs for.
I'm just assuming your American by your flag I would avoid getting a Norinco M305 in the states as the only ones you have there are early models which were absolute garbage and with the import ban you guys have i doubt you will be able to find a newer one.
>>
File: dds (5) – kopio.jpg (4 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
dds (5) – kopio.jpg
4 MB, 3200x2368
Lived in a small village 18 years, it was 20 km away from the closest shop and school. I did fish a lot back then and played ps2, we got our first internet connection in 2008. Pretty good for a child when there were still friends living there
>>
File: 1336908611758.gif (2 MB, 347x200) Image search: [Google]
1336908611758.gif
2 MB, 347x200
>>51688853
>>51688853
>>51688853
>America
>Free
>>
>>51682311
rape lost city-dwellers mostly.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.