[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know if this should be in /trv/ or here. Hopefully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
I don't know if this should be in /trv/ or here. Hopefully a mod will move it if it's in the wrong place.

How the fuck do I leave America and what countries have decent living conditions and transitions? How hard is it to find a place to live an a job for someone with no college degree?
>>
>>51657253
reminder that americans get taxed even when they revoke their citizenship and move overseas
>>
>>51657253
>How the fuck do I leave America
Why are you asking people on a Malaysian image board?
>what countries have decent living conditions and transitions
Go to germany or the uk.
>How hard is it to find a place to live an a job for someone with no college degree?
What do you think?
>>
Moving here would logistically be the easiest
>>
>>51657253
Go teach English in the third world.
>>
>>51657625
I hear people say this shit in real life. Is teaching English in places like Japan just a meme or can you actually make a living doing that?
>>
>>51657405
Really? What the fuck. I'm just finding it harder and harder to live here for my health and my future. I feel so over worked and will have nothing to show for it. I can't even have kids because I can't afford it. I just want to live and not die a slave.
>>
>>51657673
Japan has gotten better about vetting applicants to make sure they have some experience teaching English. Korea and China still have loose requirements but they also generally have less protections on the worker and there's some shady companies there and they don't really pay all that well.
>>
I've met recently a great number of americans teaching english here. They seem to be pretty happy.
>>
>>51657253
Why do you want to leave? What do you dislike about America? What do you want to find overseas?
Wherever you go there you are.

There's a lot of opportunities in America. Move out of the city, go to a rural area and start out in a homeless shelters. Work construction and kabor jobs. Eventually pick up a trade and some skills. And save money.

In 7-8months you should have a shitty car, an apartment, and a few grand saved up.
>>
>>51657695
>I just want to live and not die a slave.

Go to Somalia and become a warlord as it's your only chance for that.
>>
>>51657766
They must live like kings in a country where everyone else is unemployed
>>
>>51657405
how do they enforce the taxation if people are abroad?
>>
>>51657695
Where do you live? I guarantee you that is 80% of your problem.
>>
>>51657820
Presumably the same way with companies hiding billions in Ireland. They only take it if you try to bring back into the country.
>>
>>51657820
If you ever go back to the US then the IRS will pick you up at the airport, keep in mind that the IRS has armed response teams.
>>
>>51657820
CIA puts you in a van breaks your knees and takes your wallet, its not like any country besides russia/china wont let them allow that.
>>
>>51657405
Source? I've heard of the IRS trying to tax you if you're still a citizen but I've never heard of people who've renounced their citizenship getting taxed.
>>
>>51657405
You get taxed on your accumulated assets -- which I doubt OP has in any amount -- not on your future income when you revoke citizenship.

You get taxed on your income when you're abroad only when you're still a US citizen.

Even as a citizen you get to deduct the first $100k of income earned abroad, and also get a credit for any foreign income taxes paid.
>>
>>51657858
Texas, but I doubt much is different elsewhere. Corrupt coperations are everywhere, the food is poisoned, the hospitals and medicine is too expensive, the work week with limited vacation time, and there is just no time to do anything other than work and survive.
>>
>>51657253

>Literally this retarded

No help for you m8.
>>
>>51658161
Denmark and Norway have good standards of living and pay well for hard work. It might be hard for you to immigrate without a degree or a lot of experience in a valued trade, though.

You would have a much better life in Canada on a low income 2bh, and it can't be too hard to immigrate there?
>>
Marry a foreigner. That's hot I'm leaving.
>>
>>51658161
Then get an education and improve your skills. Either get a college education or go into trades.
You are paid shit and have no vacation because you have no skills or you're in a saturated labor market.

Make a plan to improve your skills and change jobs. Consider community college and see if you qualify for any loans. If you don't move to an area with a lower cost of living, save money, and go to community college in a few years.

If you are unskilled in America, no country is going to want you.
>>
File: 1445469016270.jpg (73 KB, 283x352) Image search: [Google]
1445469016270.jpg
73 KB, 283x352
>>51657253
>Ooga Booga we iz oppressed and sheeeeit. HOL UP *smacks lips* HOL UP. We gon' move to YUROPE so we can be kingz and shit again
>>
>>51658528
>Get an education
I started to right out of high school, but shit became far too expensive. Ended up getting a fulltime job to try and pay for it but work and school just did not co operate. Before I knew it l, I was working just to pay living and health expenses and now I have no time or money to go back.

If you have advice on this however, that would be great too. The only thing I have going for me right now is a pleasant speaking voice and enough patience to tend to 24 kindergardeners and old people.
>>
>>51658863
Where did you start out? What was your plan? I don't understand how people get into your position.
Here's my advice:
>move back in with parents or family
>work minimum wage job
>save money
>option 1: go to community college
>option 2: go to trade trade school
40hrs/week of a minimum wage job ($6.50/hr after taxes) gives you $1040/month. In 1 year you should be able to save $9,000.

If you can't do that then here are many other options. Where I am there are truck driving schools that will train you for FREE. You just have to work for them afterwards. The training takes 6-8 weeks and you can be earning $30,000-40,000 your first year.
>>
>>51659216
Not the anon you're replying to but I plan on doing trucking when I turn 21. Which state do you live in that they train you for free?
>>
>>51659385
Go to google, craigslist, indeed, etc. Look at the trucking companies in your state and see the offers they have.
I'm in NC and there's a small shortage of truckers. Nationally, there is a shortage of OTR (Over the Road) truckers. These are guys who will drive across the country, sleep in their trucks, and work several weeks on/several weeks off. Most people do not want to leave their wives, family, or friends and prefer to work instead. OTR truckers, once they have experience, can easily make 70-80k/year.

If you're under 21, depending on your state, you may be able to drive within the state lines.
>>
Literally no country in the world is going to let you be a citizen if you don't have a degree in a useful STEM field.
>>
>>51659576
>Most people do not want to leave their wives, family, or friends
Good thing I don't have any of those. OTR here I come!
>>
>>51659673
It's grueling work. Sitting in a truck for hours, but it's not the worst job in world. Given that you have no student loans and the fact that you can live in truck, you can save $50,000+/year; depending on how much experience you have and what you earn.
The wealthiest person I know is a trucker. He never went to college. He started trucking after high school, saved money, bought a couple of trucks, hired drivers, and he makes 20% of what his drivers earn. This year he's earned about $600k

The U.S. is without a doubt the land of opportunity. As long as you actually hustle and don't blindly believe that college leads to success.
>>
>>51657253
http://www.seafarers.org/jobs/ua.html

no friends, no family, no education, no money, no problem.

i've shilled for the SIU on 4chan before but honestly it's a good opportunity. if you're not tied down by anything and hate your life there is nothing to lose.
>>
>>51660217
>http://www.seafarers.org/jobs/ua.html
DIfferent anon here. That seems really interesting. What is it like? What can graduates do?
How hard is it to get in?
>>
File: nothing goes well.jpg (60 KB, 512x446) Image search: [Google]
nothing goes well.jpg
60 KB, 512x446
>>51657253
>>
>>51660473
>What is it like?

think of a technical college crossed with military school.

>What can graduates do?

work on a boat. that includes cooking, cleaning, repair/maintenance, etc.

>How hard is it to get in?

not very. if you can pass the drug test and have a clean record there shouldn't be any sort of problem providing you're not a dipshit.
>>
>>51659652
this /thread
>>
>>51657405
Can't you just say fuck them and not pay it?
>>
>>51662989
If you enjoy prison sure thing
>>
>>51663043
Will other countries really extradite just for unpaid taxes?
>>
>>51663148
Yes
>>
>>51663148
We're talking about the greatest nation here buddy
>>
>>51663271
>>51663392
I can't find any proofs of them actually doing this
>>
>>51657253
>he thinks mods move threads to their appropriate boards

Hello reddit!
>>
>>51657253
I'm an American expat myself, so take from me: you aren't going anywhere without a college degree. The good news is studying abroad is the single easiest way to establish yourself in a new country. Not only will it get you a visa and a work permit, but once you graduate you'll usually be allowed to stay and find work. If you're willing to give it a shot, I'd look into it immediately, as we're pretty close to the deadlines for next year's admissions. A word to the wise, free schools will look nice, but you'll still need to prove that you can support yourself. So unless you have some nice savings, it's better to pay a little and go to a school that can dish out US student loans to cover that. As for where to go, I can't recommend the UK that highly (or at least not London). The people who are saying the Nordics are on the right track; I lived in Finland for a few months and it is literally an autist's paradise, in a good way. Hope this helps, and best of luck, OP.
>>
>>51657253
I think your dollars will go far in South America,Anything south of Brazil. Or the Caribean,pick a nice little island and settle there. Dangerous but butifel and probably fun
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.