[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys halp! Can someone explain how the concepts american dream,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1323707814125.jpg (174 KB, 497x688) Image search: [Google]
1323707814125.jpg
174 KB, 497x688
Guys halp!
Can someone explain how the concepts american dream, the frontier, manifest destiny, american values and the can do spirit correlate or dependent??
>>
fucking google it you lazy shit
>>
open a fucking book refugeetard
>>
>>51639852
Simple, freedom
>>
moody is god in america
>>
>>51639852
I'll write your paper for you. How many words, and when is it due?

It's dependent

1.American Values and can do spirit are the same thing
>inherited from the English, especially take what you want as long as it doesn't belong to another Englishman or afterwards an American

2. the frontier
>take whatever you want, there's no other Americans here

3. Manifest destiny
>taking the frontier is good, let's keep doing it and not let anyone intervene

I would say that the American Dream is correlated to all of this. Originally it was just that you could get land for yourself.
>>
>>51639852
Spend every minute of your life working in the hopes that you'll be rich and retire.

Then once you retire you don't spend any money or do anything.
>>
>>51640354
wow thank you. Number of wors doesn't matter
>>
>>51640354
oh it's due today
>>
>>51640651
If you want it in better detail, include legalism in values, and how enshrined the property rights of Americans were, but how others were completely ignored. Individualism is also important, and how much of that is a English and Protestant creation.

If you have any time, look at a summary of Niall Ferguson's Civilization: The West and the Rest.

For Manifest destiny, look at how the southern border is the rio grande and desert, and how much the northern one is water, and the way the mountains of British Columbia kind of pop up right around the 49th parallel.
>>
>>51641068
okay I will. Thanks again
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.