[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I move to Japan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (17 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
17 KB, 1280x853
How do I move to Japan?
>>
make room with nukes
>>
>>51589674
That is tough...but welcome
>>
>>51589674
Please join in US Navy.
>>
>>51589674
swimming from Tokyo to San Francisco like this guy
>>
>>51589674
You have multiple options.

>Get a 4-year degree and become an English teacher

>Join the military and hope you get stationed there

>Go to a Japanese language school

>If you already have a full-time job, see if they have a Japanese office or need people to go to Japan for business

>Go to college in Japan

t. lived in Japan before and moving there long-term next year
>>
>>51590155
>Get a 4-year degree and become an English teacher

What about teaching other things?

>Go to college in Japan

Any advice on this?
>>
>>51589674
You can't. because you will be asked if you accept the nukes were war crimes in entering Japan.
>>
File: 1448827587985.png (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448827587985.png
48 KB, 500x500
What is it with Burgers and their obsession for Nippon?

Do you want to be the fattest person in an entire country or what?
>>
>>51590400
>What about teaching other things?
English teacher would be the easiest route. To be honest, I don't think you'd be able to teach other things unless you were a professor/expert in your field.

>Any advice on this?
Either get your Japanese up to JLPT N1 level and take college entrance exams for Japanese colleges, or apply to foreign colleges with campuses in Japan that teach their majors in English.
>>
>>51590629

What if I do think they were war crimes

>>51590676

I like the cut of the Emperor's jib
>>
KEN-SAMA
>>
>>51590629
Well, they were legally declared war crimes. I don't have any qualms with agreeing that they were.
>>
>>51590726
>To be honest, I don't think you'd be able to teach other things unless you were a professor/expert in your field.

Makes sense.

>or apply to foreign colleges with campuses in Japan that teach their majors in English.

This feels like it would be the best option. Any suggestions?
>>
>>51590911
Temple University's Japan Campus is probably the most well known.

https://www.tuj.ac.jp/
>>
>>51591004

I'm a History major who plans taking up a career in education so I would be looking for the best school fields of sociology, history, religious studies, philosophy and political science.
>>
File: theyre_waiting1.jpg (62 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
theyre_waiting1.jpg
62 KB, 499x750
>>51589674
>>
Honest answer: don't.

Japan's crazy racist - from an American viewpoint - with a ludicrous work culture.

If you're interested, talk to people who've lived there for a good amount of time and get their opinions on the place and culture. The grass is always greener, as is said - make sure your cultural expectations as well as those for daily life are truly in line for the real Japan.

If you're still set to go, best luck and enjoy. It truly is a beautiful country, just not somewhere I'd choose to live.
>>
>>51591600

I was thinking of studying there for a few years and coming back to America. Or rather, I was thinking of studying in a foreign country, and Japan was at the top of the list of safe ones.
>>
>>51589674
You don't.
They are not losers like europeans, ethnocentrism is alive and strong there.
>>
>>51591600 - am poster of. (checked)
>>51591676
Studying abroad's fine. Great, actually. But it's a very different experience from being a foreigner for your entire life.
>>
step1 : commit sudoku
step2 : revirth as Japanese (if you revirth as gaijin again, commit it again)

have fun your next life
>>
>>51590739
we doubt you're an American, then will deport you due to passport forger.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.