[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>America >any future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: dead.jpg (130 KB, 815x950) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
130 KB, 815x950
>America
>any future
>>
File: 1448674959036.jpg (65 KB, 608x960) Image search: [Google]
1448674959036.jpg
65 KB, 608x960
>>51589600
Isn't this your 3rd thread? Trying to outdo Australia tonight?
>>
File: Jamaal-Uddin.jpg (50 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Jamaal-Uddin.jpg
50 KB, 615x409
>>51589600
He looks like he could be Jamal Uddin's dad
>>
>>51589672
saw jamal irl the other day
>>
File: five.jpg (34 KB, 1023x485) Image search: [Google]
five.jpg
34 KB, 1023x485
>>51589634
>>
According to a new Fusion 2016 Issues Poll, the percentage of young white people age 18-35 who believe the American Dream is dead has almost tripled since 1986.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/02/young-whites-increasingly-skeptical-american-dream/
>>
File: 1447401005747.jpg (208 KB, 768x1112) Image search: [Google]
1447401005747.jpg
208 KB, 768x1112
>>51589600

The issue isn't the "American Dream", its the fact that millennials believe that each new generation is entitled to be better off than their parents while at the same time believing that they are above all the hard work that made the American Dream possible to begin with. Instead of buckling down and working hard from youth, they think that their 20's are for partying and "self discovery" instead of creating base wealth and that "following your passions" (i.e wasting 4 years getting a worthless degree) is somehow the same as gaining tangible skills to solve immediate problems that employers look for.
>>
>>51589600

OBSESSED
BSESSED
SESSED
ESSED
SSED
SED
ED
D

You have no future because youre a pathetic NEET with no personality obsessed with memorizing statistics about a country on the other side of the planet. If life in your country is so much better why do you spend so much time looking for articles like this to make yourself feel better?

Absolutely pathetic. Get a life.
>>
File: 2012 exit polls white males.jpg (104 KB, 857x601) Image search: [Google]
2012 exit polls white males.jpg
104 KB, 857x601
>>51589600
white men stopped ruling america a long time ago
no wonder it went to shit
>>
>>51590002
this has to be bait, nobody is this idiotic
>millennials believe that each new generation is entitled to be better off than their parents
but they aren't
>that they are above all the hard work that made the American Dream possible to begin with
but it wasn't hard work that made the american dream possible but fucking joining the second world war in the last moments, then coming out victorious at the last moment which secured great influence in politics and economy. Also what fucking hard work are you talking about, almost everything is automatized and made by machines. Newsflash: this is the 21th century.
>Instead of buckling down and working hard from youth, they think that their 20's are for partying and "self discovery" instead of creating base wealth and that "following your passions" (i.e wasting 4 years getting a worthless degree) is somehow the same as gaining tangible skills to solve immediate problems that employers look for.
>stop_liking_what_I_don't_like.jpg
How dare people live life the way they want to! Why can they have interesting personalities and original thoughts but I can't?? waah waah bla bla.

Grow up. And possibly get laid, lord knows, you need it. Though I doubt that with a "charming" personality like that, anyone would touch you willingly without paying first.
>>
File: 1449097335093.png (178 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1449097335093.png
178 KB, 330x319
>>51590207

#REKT
>>
>>51590399
#UNEMPLOYED

Anybody with a brain can spin stats however they want. Of course people think the dream is dead, thats what is taught in school.

I make 50k a year and Im still in college. My friends who have graduated are making 70-90k. Just because less people are willing to work hard doesnt mean the opportunities are not there for those who are.

How many hours per day do you spend thinking/reading about my country?
>>
>>51590359
>but it wasn't hard work that made the american dream possible but fucking joining the second world war in the last moments, then coming out victorious at the last moment which secured great influence in politics and economy. Also what fucking hard work are you talking about, almost everything is automatized and made by machines. Newsflash: this is the 21th century.

Plenty of immigrants with poor English and whatever little third world education somehow manage to become successful entrepreneurs n the U.S.

<How dare people live life the way they want to! Why can they have interesting personalities and original thoughts but I can't?? waah waah bla bla.

So whatever the fuck you want, but thinking that wasting the most important decade of your youth going into lifelong debt studying identity issues and getting wasted on the weekends is going to pay dividends in the future when you are in your late 20's/early 30's and have a resume with no relevant experience on it
>>
>>51590507
Why does everything seem to be about money with you seppos
>>
>>51590583

I lived in the U.S. during the GFC that Australia avoided with the mining boom. Nowadays with commodity prices going to shit and housing losing steam Australians are going to learn a thing or two about penny pinching
>>
File: MYZAB.jpg (153 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
MYZAB.jpg
153 KB, 1220x1220
>>51590507

>
>>
>>51590507
>I make 50k a year and Im still in college.
Are you a grad student? What do you do?
>>
It's called the American dream and not the American reality for a reason.
>>
>>51590583

Americans can't do anything without money

no money? no car, no insurance, no education, no lifestyle, and huge hindrance in work/life
>>
>>51590508
>Plenty of immigrants with poor English and whatever little third world education somehow manage to become successful entrepreneurs n the U.S.
>successful
See this is where the problem lies. You assume in order to be successful in life, you must have a good job preferably productive for society. But in reality everyone measures success differently. Some people think that raising their children is the greatest thing. Some people volunteer to help others, and they measure success based on that. Some people find the love of their lives, and would be content to live anywhere, anyplace as long as they're with them.
Your views =/= everyone elses views.
>So whatever the fuck you want, but thinking that wasting the most important decade of your youth going into lifelong debt studying identity issues and getting wasted on the weekends is going to pay dividends in the future when you are in your late 20's/early 30's and have a resume with no relevant experience on it
>lifelong debt
That is a problem, but the students didn't make it. In most of Europe higher education is free, or at least supported by the government so people don't get in debt. Just because the Burger government doesn't have the balls to reform education, doesn't mean you can put the responsibility upon the students solely.
Also, so what if they went to learn gender studies and drank away their college years? Why do YOU care? It's their lives, they're free to do whatever the hell they want to. If they want to drink booze and discuss feminism, why shouldn't they be able to do that? Because you do not approve of it? anon...pls.
>>
>>51590824
>yfw gender studies is only taught to international students here
>>
>>51590583

Its not about money, its about doing something with your life. People who are doing nothing dont make money, and a certain amount is required to have a family, have a high standard of living, and be an adult. Theres not really another way to objectively show that someone has a better quality of life than showing money, which is the means to obtaining a quality life. You people on this board are obsessed with standard of living which requires money. The topic of this thread is having a future and the American dream, both of which are based on earning potential - ironic coming from an OP whose country's economy was based on one corporation, which has now imploded, leaving the country careening towards Greekness.

People who do something with their lives dont waste their times obsessing and trying to convince themselves that others are worse off. I checked this board out because I love learning about different people and how their lives are, but it seems like it is just a bunch of teenagers pretending they know something about the rest of the world and trying to feel superior by making middle school-tier jokes. It is really disappointing.
>>
>>51590780
Im an undergrad. Software engineering intern, and I also have a small home organic farm where I grow produce.
>>
>>51590816

Do they give away cars, (non-medical) insurance, and vacations/drinks in bars/other lifestyle expenses for free in Europe? When I lived there, all the things you listed except education were way more expensive than they are here. What you are saying is true everywhere. Get off your high horse.
>>
America is still dominated by whites because they make up most of the 40-60 year olds who in turn make up most of the senior political/managerial positions. Plus whites make up enough voters to occasionally vote Republican.

But Americans are deluded if they think their country will remain prosperous when the leftist hispanics start having enough voting power to ensure left wing governments each time. Not to mention BLM and all the other fucked up bits of your society.
>>
>>51590928
>I also have a small home organic farm where I grow produce.
ayyyy lmao
>>
>>51590824
>See this is where the problem lies. You assume in order to be successful in life, you must have a good job preferably productive for society. But in reality everyone measures success differently. Some people think that raising their children is the greatest thing. Some people volunteer to help others, and they measure success based on that. Some people find the love of their lives, and would be content to live anywhere, anyplace as long as they're with them.

Being productive for society is the basis of success universally, You just prove my point of a millennial loser who wants to move goalposts instead of actually being a productive member of society

>That is a problem, but the students didn't make it. In most of Europe higher education is free, or at least supported by the government so people don't get in deb

Transferring student debt to the government and then supporting it via regressive taxation policies is still debt that will be paid by the student one way or another

>Also, so what if they went to learn gender studies and drank away their college years? Why do YOU care? It's their lives, they're free to do whatever the hell they want to. If they want to drink booze and discuss feminism, why shouldn't they be able to do that? Because you do not approve of it? anon...pls.

I care when losers who refuse to accept the responsibilities of adulthood and want the government to fund perpetual adolescents drive the government into debt
>>
>>51589600
Hardly surprising, they're bombarded with media telling them how "awful" their country is.
>>
what exactly is the american dream?
>>
>>51591151
An invention by companies to make people working in shit jobs feel better about their lifes.
>>
>>51591151
The belief that playing sheep
makes you a butcher one day.
>>
>>51591112
Why are you so buttblasted about being a productive member to society? Who the fuck cares? You are literally spouting nazi propaganda, you are just one step away from burning cripples, the old, then banning courses and shit you don't like.
>Transferring student debt to the government and then supporting it via regressive taxation policies is still debt that will be paid by the student one way or another
Education costs literally nothing, other than paying the teacher for their working hours. One teacher can instruct hundreds of people. Your argument is invalid and wrong. This is an investment the government makes so when those people do start to work, their jobs will bring higher income and tax in.
>I care when losers who refuse to accept the responsibilities of adulthood and want the government to fund perpetual adolescents drive the government into debt
Bitch please, the government does a pretty good job driving themselves into debt, without the help of anyone.
>>
you know foreigners seem to care a lot more about this american dream business than we do. it's a relic from ~100 years ago up until ~1950's when we were massively industrialized and you could immigrate here, get a decent job at a factory and improve yourself in this way.

of course this is dead for people in the first world, but to say we have no future is dumb as shit too considering you dont need to immigrate to find a job
>>
>>51590979
-Public transportation is free if you are poor.
-healthcare is free if you are poor.
-education is free
-if you are poor you get many things for less!
>>
>>51591345
>Education costs literally nothing, other than paying the teacher for their working hours
Are you actually retarded or are you merely pretending?
>>
File: 1445682667042.jpg (45 KB, 680x451) Image search: [Google]
1445682667042.jpg
45 KB, 680x451
>>51591345
>Why are you so buttblasted about being a productive member to society? Who the fuck cares? You are literally spouting nazi propaganda, you are just one step away from burning cripples, the old, then banning courses and shit you don't like.

>having a job, living a balanced life and being a law abiding, productive member of society is nazism
>>
>>51590002
yea this is really pertinent too, kids are doing this in australia as well huh

i've talked several friends out of getting that sociology degree myself
>>
File: healthcare-sales5-15a.png (65 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
healthcare-sales5-15a.png
65 KB, 550x362
>>51590904
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>51591381

>immigrate
>have the option of being exploited into unsafe sweatshop conditions or go out west and hope that you are lucky enough to find a arable plot of land to start a farm

fixed it for you
>>
>>51591485
yes, that's what people did in the late 1800's or early 1900's considering there was no country on earth that had modern worker's rights. pick between that and living somewhere in famine or war torn though.

wasn't like that from the 20's on though.
>>
>>51591186
>>51591332
huh
you see, i never understood that bullshit because of it

it's not like saying it's whatever you want your life to look like or somthing along those lines, it's just an empty slogan, with no real meaning behind it
it's dead to begin with, like a stilborn fetus
>>
>>51591435

The Australian government has billions in outstanding HECS debt that will never be repaid because idiots can't figure out that an arts degree is worthless in a country that makes food and digs up rocks to sell to China
>>
>>51591332
pretty deep hans
>>
File: FDR_in_1933.jpg (2 MB, 2488x2928) Image search: [Google]
FDR_in_1933.jpg
2 MB, 2488x2928
it's dead since 1933
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 248x203
>>51591332

Underrated post
>>
>>51590359
>what fucking hard work are you talking about, almost everything is automatized and made by machines. Newsflash: this is the 21th century
This has to be bait.
>>
>>51589600
White millenials are also retarded so that should be factored into how the stats are weighted.
>>
>>51591709
>implying FDR was a bad president
>>
>>51590359
America was the richest country on Earth even before WW1, Yuropoor.
>>
well..at least the aussies aren't shitposting in this specific thread.

in aus, like most other developed countries, it's just the competition that matters, and i guess this is why white youth are becoming disheartened.

however, all the whities i know personally worked their butts off to get law degrees and aren't disillusioned by the reality that there is globalisation and 'outsiders' are competing for any available employment.

tbqh as a non-white, im quite curious regarding the situation in the corporate world, where whites (albeit not youth) remain prevalent.
is that where the 'aussie dream' ends for a non-white dude?
>wish i was born in japan bc we all eventually become a slave to money, might as well as have seen it coming from day 1 rather than after 18 yrs
>>
>>51591828
>implying that crooked thief wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to America
>>
>>51591828
>Implying he wasn't
His interventions in the economy prolonged the depression, and that isn't even going into his authoritarian policies, confiscating privately owned gold, creating the ponzi scheme that is social security, all the other repressive economic policies, also goading the Japanese into war, and then putting Japanese Americans into concentration camps. This piece of shit does not even deserve an ounce of the all the praise he gets.
>>
File: fish-farm-diver.jpg (75 KB, 506x323) Image search: [Google]
fish-farm-diver.jpg
75 KB, 506x323
>>51591911

>be nonwhite
>work as a commercial diver in a fish farm
>never went to uni
>hang out at sea with mates and banter all day

The Aussie dream is whatever you want it to be as long as you aren't a soft cock
>>
File: 317.png (80 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
317.png
80 KB, 500x501
>>51591418
nice strawman
>>
>>51591450
I dont even know what youre trying to say, you bitter autist. Yeah, healthcare here is expensive, although your chart suggests the costs will go down. What does that have to do with what I said? Youre the one who seems like theyre trying to convince themselves of something, although I dont get why you care about my country so much, it seems really strange and borderline unhealthy.
You didnt answer my question, either. How many houra a day do you spending thinking/reading about my country?
As a followup, how many Americans do you know who came to Finland for better employment prospects? I know two Finna who came here for work.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.