[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it feel to be a monolingual pleb? My native languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: ebinlingualism.png (201 KB, 1184x769) Image search: [Google]
ebinlingualism.png
201 KB, 1184x769
How does it feel to be a monolingual pleb?

My native languages are Karelian and Aymara. I'm fluent in Buryat, Igbo, Shona, Inuktitut and Palauan. I'm conversational in Turkmen, Breton, Faroese, Luganda, Yakut, Okinawan and Zhuang. I'm currently in Slovakia to learn Rusyn and I'm also learning Uyghur, Goa'uld, Kannada, Livonian and Malagasy.
>>
>>51571933
You sound like a fag desu
>>
>>51571933
>Aymara
BOLIVIANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
fugg off
>>
>>51571933
>karelian, aymara

huh

what does finnish sound like to you?
>>
>>51572685
>>51572817
>butthurt monolingual plebs

>>51572846
It sounds funny.
>>
my mum is my best and only friend the thread
>>
File: Idioma_carelio.png (8 KB, 339x369) Image search: [Google]
Idioma_carelio.png
8 KB, 339x369
>>51571933
>Karelian
Karelian language (karjala, karjal or kariela) is a Finnic language spoken mainly in the Russian Republic of Karelia. Linguistically Karelian is closely related to the Finnish dialects spoken in eastern Finland and some Finnish linguists even classified Karelian as a dialect of Finnish. Karelian is not to be confused with the Southeastern dialects of Finnish, sometimes referred to as karjalaismurteet ('Karelian dialects') in Finland.[5]

There is no single standard Karelian language. Each writer writes in Karelian according to their own dialectal form. Three main written standard have been developed, for North Karelian; Olonets Karelian; and Tver Karelian. With the exception of Tver Karelian, all variants are written with the Latin-based Karelian alphabet, though the Cyrillic script has been used in the past.
>>
>>51571933
Congratulations on taking the time and research to put together this bullshit sentence. You truly have no life.
>>
File: jej.png (307 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
jej.png
307 KB, 900x900
>>51571933
>aymara
bolita
>>
>>51571933
Irrelevant languages, gotta collect them all!
>>
whats the point in being a polyglot if all the languages you learn are beyond useless? do you like masturbating in front of a mirror? it sounds like it
>>
EspaƱonl, English y Deutsch?
I may get into Japanese next year, but I'm worried that I'll look like a weeaboo. Fuck weeaboos, I don't even like anime. But my university is offering me $1400 USD a month if I get selected.
>>
File: a.png (11 KB, 142x200) Image search: [Google]
a.png
11 KB, 142x200
>>51572952
>>
>>51571933
>conversational in okinawan
Then you can understand Japanese too or not? How similar is it to Japanese?
>>
Americans are probably the only monolingual persons in the world
(Not counting africa and brown countries of latin america)
>>
>>51573264
Nyet, not only.
t. Russian
>>
>>51573264
Thailand is monolingual.
>>
>>51571933
Do you know the p language?
>>
>>51573356
Right, i forgot
>>51573486
I dont mean by official language but the percentage of the population that fluently speak another language.
Also, ill be more specific, not counting total shitholes probably americans, russians and japs are the worst
>>
>>51573153
I like masturbating in front of a mirror when I have no Internet connection.
>>
>>51573571
In that case Thailand is still largely monolingual; their English literacy rates are among the lowest in the world. And I mean central Thailand, which leaves out dialects.
>>
>>51573264
Being a Cheto Texican like the 10% of us is not better than being a monolingual. So you are right about the brown part of Latin america. Even though Chilenos being less brown than us, barely speak Spanish, let alone other languages.
>>
>>51571933
Do you make a point of only learning useless and irrelevant languages?
>>
>>51571933
none of those languages are important enough in the world
>>
>>51573170
Can't you see it's b8 m8?
>>
>>51571933
>no Basque
>no Ojibwe
>no Kartvelian

Keep trying kid
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.