[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are homeschooled Americans browsing /int/ RIGHT NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11
File: 1446995337310.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1446995337310.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>there are homeschooled Americans browsing /int/ RIGHT NOW
>>
So?
>>
>>51557745
dumb frogposter
>>
>>51557793

Say hi to your mum for me ;)
>>
>>51557793
Were you actually homeschooled?
>>
File: 1392408252103.png (273 KB, 518x700) Image search: [Google]
1392408252103.png
273 KB, 518x700
>>51557745
>homeschool
>>
I was homeschooled for a year, AMA
>>
i wish i was homeschooled
school was terrible and there was probably as much lies and propaganda as homeschools
>>
>>51557951
Bible-thumpers or just didn't give a fuck?
>>
>>51557951
Explain Brouwer's fixed point theorem
>>
they have to get tested to standards regularly so it's not that bad
>>
>>51557951

Did you have an active social life? Did you do extra-curricular stuff?
>>
Christfags.
>>
>people still don't realize being home schooled is often better than regular schooling
>>
How do they learn social interaction and more importantly, how do they learn to punch cunts out?
>>
File: WUlkMdi.jpg (239 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
WUlkMdi.jpg
239 KB, 1080x1920
As much as my school was full of stupid leftist propaganda, I can at least take pride in the fact that my parents weren't dumb enough to do that.
>>
>>51558009
Trendy mid-'90s parents who thought they'd give it a whirl after I fucked up at both public and private school.

>>51558021
Fuck off.

>>51558064
Not really, no.
>>
Idk why I have US flag, because I'm in Germany...

Also homeschooling isn't always like in your house. My friend went to a separate house where a teacher taught them everything from kindergarten to high school. They have to abide by some standards as well, not just willy nilly.
>>
>>51557793
Were you bullied in homeschool?
>>
>>51558093

If you were bullied maybe but even then you learn important life lesson

Just like I do everyday on /int/ :)
>>
File: 1448936900114.jpg (109 KB, 577x559) Image search: [Google]
1448936900114.jpg
109 KB, 577x559
>>51558218
Yes, to get the "full American life experience" my dad would give me lunch money in the morning, then come home during his break and threaten to take it. He went all out too, he would take off his glasses, slick back his hair and change into skinny jeans and a Slayer T-shirt before threatening to beat the fuck out of me.
My mom would also make me ask her out and then laugh and call me a loser and say girls with an ass like hers don't date faggots like me.

Shit sucked
>>
>>51558021
I went to public school and I've never heard of that
>>
>>51558429
That movie fucking sucked, literally seemed like a /b/ user made it
>>
File: 1418056493881.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1418056493881.png
198 KB, 550x535
>>51557745
>homeschool

Just fucking what? I loved going to the school because everyone was threre.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 387x580
>tfw you got the whole degenerate experience
>>
>>51558557
>a social Finn
get off the proxy, Bruno
>>
>>51558218
No, he probably just had an inappropriate sexual relationship with his teacher.
>>
>>51558645
There's appropriate sexual relationships with teachers?

Damn, I missed out
>>
File: bully.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
bully.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>51558470
>>>/sci/

Come back when you've learned some topology faggot
>>
>>51558158
>I fucked up at both public and private school.
What the fuck were you doing?
All your birthday gifts were bowls of eggs?
>>
I did homeschool for 2 years in hs. Finished HS early ( i have a legit diploma).

Pretty much spent all day on myspace chatrooms or 4chan arguing with people. wew
>>
File: 1448934696335.jpg (303 KB, 1891x1261) Image search: [Google]
1448934696335.jpg
303 KB, 1891x1261
>>51558494
I laughed while I wrote it and that's literally all that matters you fat fuck.
>>
>>51558572
>go to public school
>be surrounded by walking stereotypes of niggas, Puerto Ricans, rednecks, jocks, prissy bitches, and nerds.
>go to University filled with prep school kids.
>"muh sensitivty training" "muh stereotype threat"

Can't say the wrong thing here, they might throw me back home.
>>
>>51558236
I don't believe you shit in the streets bro :)

I do believe that you're a small-dicked gangrapist tho
>>
>>51558429
What about shootings? Like teaming up with your dog or an imaginary friend.
>>
File: mysides.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
mysides.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>51558930
>>
>>51558494
what movie?
>>
Homeschooled Irishman here, AMA.
Left school because I was an emotional faggot who couldn't handle it.
Got bullied constantly because I didn't fight back.
>>
>>51558837

I have 6.5 inch penis, so I'm an absolute monster by Indian standards

I have trouble maintaining an erection around other males
>>
>>51558930
Since I was the "loser," once a month I had to "go off the deep end" and "make the cool kids pay," even though I just wanted to study math.

My parents would hide in the house and I had to dress up in camouflage and a trenchcoat and go from room to room with a fake gun. Sometimes they would invite neighbors and family friends over because they thought it was hilarious.

Prom night was the worst though, I think I'm going to have to see a psychologist about that at some point
>>
File: Harris-Trinsky[1].gif (58 KB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
Harris-Trinsky[1].gif
58 KB, 300x282
>>51559169
>Got bullied constantly because I didn't fight back.

That's also what the school tries to teach you...
>>
>>51559169
Not being a cunt, but in your adult life how do you handle confrontation and conflict?
>>
>>51559169
I was the same. I got pulled out of school when I failed at killing myself lol
>>
>>51559349
>leaving your house once you're an adult
normies out
>>
>>51558930
>or an imaginary friend

>"Billy what you doing?"
>"Me and *Phillip* are REEEEEEEEEEEEEEing mom! We're going to make the normies pay! Beta uprising woooooooooo"
>...
>...
>..."j-just be done by dinner time..."
>>
>>51559349
Not him but I'm >>51559380

It took years of getting out of my comfort zone and forcing myself to. I've been taken advantage of by employers and friends because I was too scared to stand my ground. I had to be fucked over a lot for me to grow some balls 2bh. Eventually got tired of it and now I'm not that scared of confrontation or conflict. I'm very relaxed and I can usually diffuse conflict but I just say whatever I want now.

I realized I was alone for so long that I shouldn't be scared of losing a toxic person. I've been alone, its not that bad, its better than dealing with bs.

I still have some abandonment issues to work on but I'm making progress.
>>
>>51559037
Movie 43, it's a really bad indie comedy
>>
>>51559806
The whole being taken advantage of and general naivety was sort of my next question. I've met some relatively insular people who went through schools and didn't pretend for a minute that they enjoyed it- but it did teach them to at least recognise other people's behaviour well enough to get by in life.
(Not being judgemental of people like that, we're all different... yes >>51559392 I am fairly normal)

I came from the opposite end of the spectrum- selective boys boarding school. Whole seniority system, beatings and all.
Basically as toxic an environment as you'd find anywhere! Got very bitter at being challenged all the time, became very good at punching people out and also very jaded in a sense that I didn't see a lot of good in people for quite a long time. Literally when I went into the army after university, it was easier than that fucking high school.
>>
>>51560158
Yeah i learned the hard way and people still tell me I'm too naive and nice.

I know people can be bad, I was too meek to do anything about it. I used to get hit by my mom if I showed any emotion other than happiness, I'd get hit harder if I was caught crying no matter what happened. So I just accepted a lot of stuff as "well, they aren't beating me and it pays the bills"

It got tiresome though.

I think eventually we're forced to adapt to different social expectations, so it's better if you do it yourself before that decision is made for you.

I hope you've been blessed with nice people that show you the good in humanity
>>
>>51557745
I was homeschooled. It is not so uncommon in Finland.

Now in university, this is first "public school" to me.
>>
I'm pretty sure my parents could teach me a lot better than most of the retards I've had as teachers. Would suck socially though.
>>
How does grades work when you're home schooled?
How does that work when applying for higher education? (In Norway at least your application to uni is judged by your grades)

>I'm so proud of my son he only get's As and Bs
>btw I'm also his teacher
>>
File: et.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
et.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>51557745
I was enrolled in a homeschooling program throughout my entire adolescence. I graduated high school >1yr early as I was given the opportunity to work at my own pace (I'm 19 now, I did browse while homeschooled).
>>51562691
>How does grades work when you're home schooled?
My parents played no part in my education.
I was expected to attend weekly appointments with a teacher at a school where I'd turn in my assignments & they'd be graded. (I attended maybe 5 of those appointments before I stopped leaving my house altogether. After that, I had my work dropped off for me by a parent).
Normally, this is not allowed (ofc) yet I managed to get away with it twice. Perhaps they let it slide as both my grades and the pace I worked at were exceptional. (They're used to students who perform poorly).
>How does that work when applying for higher education?
The same way. I was still offered opportunities for extracurricular activities like regular students, which probably could've helped some had I seized them. Was just too much of a reclusive autist to do anything of the sort.
>>
I know a lady who's going to take her 14 year old son to north queensland to live in bumfuck nowhere in a town with a population of about 300 people, she's going to homeschool him, this worries me deeply because I'm close to this boy and it is known he has some learning difficulties, and may be slightly autistic and I am unconvinced that a home schooled life in a country town "living off the land" type lifestyle would do him any good at all, not pretending that I would know any better on how to raise him or anything but doesn't that sound like the most crazy shit ever? He needs school imo, he might be a problem child whos got pent up rage, watches moe anime and is addicted to minecraft but this is so unfair on him it actually makes me want to cry that she would do that to him
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK