[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will mars people eventually hate earthlings? considering they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: me lol.png (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
me lol.png
1 MB, 1280x1024
will mars people eventually hate earthlings? considering they will all be scientists and brilliant minds, and their children will be sons of scientists, will we pale in comparison as war mongering savages?
>>
irl red faction when
>>
>>51540783
What makes you think they will be scientist?
>>
It's irrelevant. Sooner or later they will open gates of hell and wipe themselves out.
>>
The space belong to us, fleshbag!
>>
MARSIANS GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51540783
>they will all be scientists

Mars society will be really freaky i guess
>>
File: 450px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png (8 KB, 450x225) Image search: [Google]
450px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
8 KB, 450x225
They will have an internet lag of about 4 to 20 minutes.
>>
File: martian_queen_by_sftoon.jpg (170 KB, 1692x1490) Image search: [Google]
martian_queen_by_sftoon.jpg
170 KB, 1692x1490
I hope martian queen be my waifu
>>
>>51540783
I predict that when we colonise and terraform Mars it'll be similar to the discovery of the New World. People will want to leave Earth behind and build a new society in which all are considered equal.

They will take many years to evolve as a planet but they'll eventually emerge as a more powerful force than all the Earth powers combined. They'll have an entire planet at their disposal, and using newly developed techniques of terraforming they'll transform the rocky terrain into lush forests, expansive oceans, and grasslands suitable for agriculture.

While this is happening, there'll be a steady stream of interplanetary refugees from Earth escaping conflict, climate change, religious persecution etc. They will fuel the growth of the planet, and they'll bring the same mentality of openness to change that the settlers of the New World did.

There'll most likely be some sort of World War scenario on Earth, in which the major powers (North American Federation, China, India, Europe) will exhaust their military might. The Martians will intervene just as America did in WW2 and cement themselves as the new leaders of humanity.
>>
>>51544126
>They'll have an entire planet at their disposal, and using newly developed techniques of terraforming they'll transform the rocky terrain into lush forests, expansive oceans, and grasslands suitable for agriculture.
Good luck doing that with Mars being unable to hold a dense atmosphere.
>>
>>51544126
forgot pic
>>
>>51544158
It did billions of years ago
>>
>>51544190
It doesn't now. What do you suggest? Drill a hole to Mars core and do some magic for it to grow a magnetosphere and make it heavier?
>>
>>51544256
I suggest you research how terraforming works
>>
>>51544270
I suggest you research how Mars atmosphere works.
>>
>>51544126
I sometimes can't believe we are living in this age. I hope I get to live to see it
>>
>>51544256
By the way this is a 22nd century question we're trying to answer in a 21st century mindset. I was just providing a rough prediction.
>>
>>51544256
two extremely powerful superconducting magnets in geostationary orbit at both poles.
>>
>>51540867
Because noone will bother burning all that precious fuel sending half-literate unskilled workers to space.
Scientists, to do science, hi grade engineers to do the maintenance and robots to do the work.
>>
>>51544307
Is it even possible to make something geostationary over the poles?
>>
>>51544270
>how terraforming works
At all?
>>
>>51544190
And this process is going on - due to the lack of a powerful magnetic field, the solar wind blows away the planet's atmosphere
>>
>>51544338
Not sure, but they won't have to be on the poles. The magnetic field works just as well sideways
>>
File: 1448983006372.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448983006372.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
You need 6 months of travel every two years (chemical rockets) for the optimal launch window. Once there, you need to fuck off immediately or wait two more years before returning to Earth in another 6 months. Whoever is lives there, it's not going to see too many Earthling tourists.
>>
>>51544427
Well then, now all that's left is making two humongous magnets capable of shielding a whole planet's atmosphere, and the power sources to them. At least it's now feasible in sci-fi.
>>
>>51544517
>Well then, now all that's left is making two humongous magnets capable of shielding a whole planet's atmosphere, and the power sources to them

Precisely.
Also, we need to dump some 3 quidrilion tons of atmosphere to the planet.
>>
>Mars
>white
>>
If anything they'd be jealous of earthlings:
>but moooom, why do we live here? I'm sick of this lab-grown food, I want some chicken!
>oh son, you have no idea how privileged you are for living in a barren wasteland you can only survive indoors
>>
>>51544926

Worse, they might be unable to walk on Earth due the lower-gravity making them too tall and growing with weaker bones.
>>
>>51540783
Pretty sure there are mandatory token blacks on every space flight so as not to appear racist and it only takes one to ruin a neighbourhood (which in this case would mean the whole colony)
>>
File: Red-Faction-2-e1335285217875.jpg (80 KB, 595x537) Image search: [Google]
Red-Faction-2-e1335285217875.jpg
80 KB, 595x537
>>51545030
currently everyone who is going is having strict background checks so I don't think this will be a problem. Tyrone from the hood isn't going any time soon.
>>
>>51545030

Genetic diversity is important when you work with a population around or lower than 50/500 individuals.
>>
Read hyperion by Simmons or the moon is a harsh mistress by heinlein
>>
>>51546467
thanks m8
/lit/ lad?
>>
>>51546467
Have you read the Mars trilogy by the guy who did Years of Rice and Salt?
>>
>>51545329
>You will never be a lone black guy in a Mars colony
>You will never be the one man who's strong seed works it's way through the population to eventually turn everyone a dull shade of brown

Holy fuck why am I even alive
>>
mars will make people better even if they were not
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.