[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From Sargon to Saddam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: mideast-image.jpg (303 KB, 1116x677) Image search: [Google]
mideast-image.jpg
303 KB, 1116x677
Why has this region been a hotbed for violence since Bible times? Is it the people or just the real estate?
>>
>>51536724
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>51536724
Literally everywhere has been a hotbed for violence since Bible times
>>
>>51536724
It's inhabited by violent savages who follow a religion invented by a violent savage. This violent religion also had a schism.
>>
>>51536752
It has been a hotbed of violence since LONG before Mo's birth
>>
File: MongolEmpire.jpg (44 KB, 700x366) Image search: [Google]
MongolEmpire.jpg
44 KB, 700x366
>>51536748
Well, yeah, but surely this has been the most violent. At least as far as I know. Even into modern times. Anyone have an answer, or is it just doomed?
>>
>>51536818
>but surely this has been the most violent
Dunno about that m8. Europe is a strong contender for that title.
>>
>>51536914
I would agree, but they were at it before Europe existed. This is all Pre-oil too...
>>
It's the birthplace of religion m8. Go figure.
>>
It's because it's the crossroads for all 3 continents, Europe, Asia and Africa. Any intercontinental army would make their way through the Levant.
>>
>>51537042
Is that it though? Just geography? If so, that pretty much means it will never get any better and will just be a festering ground for warfare and extremism...
>>
>>51537065

Geography is a major part of it. Consider the intentions of all empires in the region was to conquer the lands surrounding the Mediterranean Sea to control the trade between all 3 continents. The Romans were the best at this.
>>
>>51537202
True that...Looking at the picture does make sense, but has that shaped its people to such a degree that it can never be united again?
>>
Many empires stretched from and through the Middle East because it's a crossroads between regions, it's also the birthplace of several major religions and even more minor religions, which is also a source of conflict.
>>
>>51537296
So does it ever stand a chance of not being a breeding ground for fanaticism and war?
>>
>>51537352

I think eventually it could stabilize, it's status as a crossroad isn't so prominent anymore, borders might have to be redrawn along religious lines though.
>>
>>51537408
I hope you are right!
>>
File: 1447700876124.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447700876124.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
The Middle east people are hot headed and kinda stubborn people in general.That's why there is so many religion born in those place to help calm down those people.Unfortunately they're able to us the any teachings kill and avenge each others
>>
>>51537757
Any hope for them then? Are religious people in your country more easy going?
>>
File: 1448488007391.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1448488007391.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1365
>>51537890
>Any hope for them then?
nope,they're like that in general.If you ever meet Arab they're very hot headed as fuck. I've seen them fighting over the most dumbest reason in my university like lights.

>arab student in class
>one them dim the light because it's to bright to him
>all of us don't care as long it doesn't bother us that much
>other arab group then start brighten the lights back
>they start arguing near the switch on how dim the lecture class should be
>lecture class stop when they start shouting and threatening each other
For most people or Asians we would just follow the flow or adapt to the light rather than arguing.Most of us don't like conflict or problems and that's why what you see in China is common where people don't o anything to help.It's not a good thing but that's how most of us are adapt to

>Are religious people in your country more easy going?
they hate Isreal and really into pro-Arabs but that is probably just it.That's why there's rarely any Malaysian or Indonesian joining ISIS even though we're the largest muslim population
>>
>>51538068
Dang, and here I was getting optimistic. So would you say there is more of an Asian influence keeping things calm in your part of the world? That would make sense. Then again, Latin People are pretty hot headed too...
>>
Most terror groups are a product of foreign intervention
>>
File: 1427629836466.jpg (166 KB, 1417x551) Image search: [Google]
1427629836466.jpg
166 KB, 1417x551
>>51540175
>>
>>51536724
Strategic location and natural resources.
The muslims definantely don't help.
>>
>>51540191
keep drinking that kool aid nigger. we used sandniggers to fuck the soviets, and we sell 10s of billions $$$ of weapons to saudi each year
>>
Tribal mentality
Clashing religions
Also some foreign intervention
>>
>cradle of civilization
>it's a massive war-torn shithole

No surprise there
>>
File: image.jpg (337 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
337 KB, 2048x1536
>>51540191
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq
http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2015/03/23/isis-the-unintended-consequences-of-the-us-led-war-on-iraq/
All that fucking money and weapons the west left in Iraq went straight to isis and now it's not only with ISIS but affiliate groups like Boko Haram
I mean come on
>its
>2015
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.