[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moscow City Court has ordered the dissolution of the local branch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
Moscow City Court has ordered the dissolution of the local branch of the Church of Scientology, ruling that religious freedom must not be restricted by trademarks. Scientologists vowed to appeal the alleged “anti-religious” abuse of their worshipers’ rights.

The Russian Ministry has argued that the since the term Scientology is registered as a US trademark, the Church cannot be considered a religious organization
>>
File: Liberatorland.jpg (54 KB, 533x386) Image search: [Google]
Liberatorland.jpg
54 KB, 533x386
>>51178127
fucking based
>>
>Scientology
>A religion

They only want to be called religion because then they don't pay taxes
>>
Reminder that Scientology is a false religion made up to make money off the back or weak minded peoples, sell them overpriced books and stupid devices. It's a huge scam.

Hubbard probably didn't even believe his own bullshit.
>>
I didn't think Scientologists existed outside of the US
>>
>>51178127
Love it.
>>
No shit.

Even here they don't count as an actual religion
>>
>>51178238
They exist worldwide, but they're not recognized as a religious group in civilized countries.
>>
>>51178229
Thanks for the remind, I forgot this.
>>
What a silly reasoning.

Basically this happened because the russian branch spied on the members and blackmailed them.
>>
>>51178288

>I have better reasoning than judges on legal matters

lel vatnik
>>
>>51178229
Of course he didn't, he decided to turn his story into a religion.
>"If you want to make a little money, write a book. If you want to make a lot of money, create a religion."
>>
>>51178288
What kind of Church wants to sue you for using their name?
>>
>>51178127
Based Russia will save us from Western Cultural Deterioration.
>>
>>51178127
That's actually pretty good. Bravo Russia.
>>
>>51178229
>>51178280
>>51178382

You are wrong he was deadly serious about them, and spent hours auditing himself. Plus take a look at his affirmations that got uncovered by a court case

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/writings/ars/ars-2000-03-11.html

Here as some juicy bits

>I must be told that my memory is strong and reliable, that I can
remember all I have ever read or studied, that no illness or medicine
has affected mind or memory.

(c) I can have no doubts of my psychic powers. My magical ability is high and clear. I earned my titles and command.

>I have a very bad masturbatory history. I was taught when I was 11and, despite guilt, fear of insanity, etc. etc. I persisted. At a physical examination at a Y when I was about 13, the examiner and the people with him called me out of the line because my testicles hung
low and cautioned me about what would happen if I kept on masturbating. This "discovery" was a bad shock to me.

>I had to be so silent about it that now when a bedspring squeaks I lose all libido. I eventually found out I would not be insane, or injure myself but the scars remain.

>There is no veil between you and the world. You sense touch, color, music, poetry much better than anyone else. You never mention this superiority. But you show them the beauties of the world. You are not old or worn. You are young and experience is fresh and exciting. It will always be. Your brain is clear as a gong. No pressure sits on it or blinds you. Sulfa never affected it. Your speech is perfect. You are thrilled by music. You can engender any mood. You are an excellent judge of painting and sculpture and are thrilled by it in any one of
its thousand moods.
>>
>>51178446
>Basically this happened because the russian branch spied on the members and blackmailed them.

Pretty much the Catholic Church until the invention of the printing press in Europe.
>>
>>51180385
>the examiner and the people with him called me out of the line because my testicles hung
low and cautioned me about what would happen if I kept on masturbating.
Does that really happen? Also what is going on that he's in a line with people examining his testicles.
>>
>>51180471
>Does that really happen? Also what is going on that he's in a line with people examining his testicles.

Americans are serious about penis inspection day. However I think that might have been due to the time he spent in the military schools and academies rather than in regular schools
>>
File: 1448288611226.png (660 KB, 709x462) Image search: [Google]
1448288611226.png
660 KB, 709x462
>Church of Scientology
>Church
>Science
>>
>>51178238
They do. You also have Mormons here. But they are okay I guess.
>>
>>51178229
>Implying the other religions are not scams
>>
>>51185158
>*tips findora*
>>
>>51185581
Nice meme, faggot.
>>
get rekt
>>
A Church that has Tom Cruise is something we all wish to be a part of
>>
>>51178229
>Hubbard probably didn't even believe his own bullshit.
>>51180385
>spent hours auditing himself

Days before he passed away from unrelated causes, he asked his minders to build him a device that would electrocute him to death so that he could rid himself of any remaining body thetans.
>>
>>51178238
In my town we have at least 3. They're quite obsessed but harmless most of the time
>>
>>51185581

Literally the same shit but done by people longer ago for political power and monetary gain rather than just monetary.
>>
In Spain they're legal and regularly go around the streets next to the massive building they own in the centre of Madrid coaxing people to take their sick tests.
>>
>>51186389
theres a huge difference, but good job I took your bait. christians do so much good works every day and you have no idea. all scientologists do is sue and scam people
>>
>>51178127
Well done.
>>
>>51186893
Scientologists also do charity work m8. Pretty much every "religion" on earth does it.
>>
hi where the дeзинфopмaция at
>>
>>51187079
pretty sure they just do it for the exposure.
>>
>>51178127
>is registered as a US trademark
Don't all religions have a trademark registered, just to prevent copyright trolls or something?
Either way, i don't care how flimsy the justification is.
>>
>>51178238
>>
>>51178260
>>51178238
Some countries ban them. I know that France and Russia do anyway.
>>
>>51178127

So they didn't pay the bribes?
>>
>>51187079
shut up you thetan fuck
>>
File: 1443962870585-0[1].jpg (31 KB, 395x290) Image search: [Google]
1443962870585-0[1].jpg
31 KB, 395x290
>>51187314
oy vey
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.