[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: india.png (19 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
india.png
19 KB, 900x600
Let's talk about India. I don't feel like this country gets enough attention on this board. What do you think about it? Would you ever visit this place? Have you been there what did you think?

India general.
>>
another one designited threads
>>
If you want to get human feces on your shoes, visit India.
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
Hi friends asl pls
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-20-20-00-42.png (139 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-20-20-00-42.png
139 KB, 720x1280
>>51153197
>>
Designated, toilet witches, poo in stew, whatever. The shitposting well is dry.
>>
PUT SOME SPICE IN MY FECES
THIS IS MY HARDEST POO
DEFECATION
HARD BREATHING
DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF MY ASS IS STILL BLEEDING
WOULD IT BE WRONG WOULD IT BE RIGHT
IF I SHIT IN THE STREET TONIGHT
CHANCES ARE THAT I MIGHT
SANITATION OUT OF SIGHT
AND I'M POOPING BEHIND A BUSH TONIGHT
CUZ I'M
POOPING OUT GOAT
POOPING OUT SPICE
WISH SOMEONE WOULD GIVE ME SOME RICE
POOPING OUT GOAT
POOPING OUT SPICE
WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAND ME SOME WIPES
NOTHING IS CLEAN
NOTHING IS WIPED
I'M POOPING IN THE STREET TONIGHT
>>
>>51153529
Serious question: is English the lingua franca in India? How is hindi percieved in areas that aren't majority hindi speaking?
>>
>>51154113
Yes, it is. At least among educated and professional classes.

In South India, especially in Tamil Nadu, there's a strong resistance to Hindi. North Indian states that don't speak Hindi aren't that averse to speaking it as a second/third language. North Eastern states are indifferent to "mainland" India. They don't care much about Hindi.

Without English, we'd be fucked as a nation.
>>
>>51153197
I've honestly thought about visiting, but given India's /int/ reputation, I'm concerned about the sanitation from food vendors.

Also, I've noticed from watching random tourist videos of India, there seems to always be some random Indian guy watching you if you don't look Indian. Makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>51154459
1. Food vendors isn't the only option for food, you do realise that, don't you? There's absolutely no problem finding nutritious, delicious, and uncontaminated food.

2. Well, that's part of experiencing new cultures. I understand your apprehensions but understand that staring is not considered abnormal. So, don't take it personally. People are just curious and that's their way of "expressing" themselves.
>>
>>51154306
>Without English, we'd be fucked as a nation.

and with english you fuck up the whole world...
>>
>>51153197
I've been there a couple of times. I was a kid then and nothing really impressed me there. I just remember it being too hot. I'd like to go back there though, I'd probably appreciate it more now.
>>
>>51154459
Never drink from a glass, and even soda/water bottles might be pre-opened for you because they actually just rinse and reuse them like glasses.

only drink from something if you can crack off the top of it and it doesn't look tampered, source is my dad who did multiple business trips in delhi and hyderabad
>>
File: toilet.png (745 KB, 772x893) Image search: [Google]
toilet.png
745 KB, 772x893
>>51153197
you can't make this shit up
>>
>>51154459
indian american here.

first of all, don't eat food from vendors. i've eaten from vendors occasionally but it's still something i avoid when i'm there. it's pretty easy to find clean restaurants to eat at, especially if you go to the touristy areas. india is cheap so even if you go to high class restaurants it won't be all that expensive

second, only drink bottled water or water you've boiled yourself. most restaurants you can ask for bottled water and as >>51157273 said just check to seal for tampering

>there seems to always be some random Indian guy watching you if you don't look Indian

india is a pretty homogeneous country so anyone who looks a bit different will get stared at. i get stared at all the time despite being ethnically indian because my skin is lighter than the average person's there. once again this is less likely to happen in tourist-y areas because people there are more used to seeing non-indians
>>
>>51154306
I remember nationalists booing at the Delhi commonwealth games when they gave the speeches in English. Amongst BJP types, are they in favour of Hindi becoming the lingua franca?
>>
>>51157440
How fucked up can a country be if not even the bottled water is safe to drink.
>>
Are Indians proud of their country?
>>
>>51157622
Bottle water is safe. "Bottled water" where the seal is broken and it's obviously been refilled elsewhere isn't safe.
>>
>>51157622
i...i just said the bottled water is safe to drink

>swedish reading comprehension

???
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.