[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the main challenges of learning your language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: obstacle.jpg (53 KB, 1300x974) Image search: [Google]
obstacle.jpg
53 KB, 1300x974
What are the main challenges of learning your language?
>>
anime
>>
nigga how the fuck would I know, you speak your native language automatically since your birth
>>
>>51116296
This.
>>
it's really difficult
>>
>>51116296
>>
It's really easy, we have rules for everything.
Except for the exceptions and the exceptions on the exceptions and the exceptions on the exceptions on the exceptions and so on
Oh and the rule "you have to hear it"
>>
File: adyghe.png (269 KB, 786x2044) Image search: [Google]
adyghe.png
269 KB, 786x2044
dunno
>>
Silent letters I guess.
>>
Exceptions.
Spelling
Exceptions to spelling
>>
Verbal conjugations I guess. Also the tildes (ยด) can be quite annoying. It's still a pretty easy language.
>>
>>51116753
Genders
Grammar
Pronunciation
Be obnoxious
>>
>>51116167
depends on where you're from
the irregularities are a pain in the ass I guess
for non-slavs the phonetics may be complicated
regular grammar rules ain't easy as well
>>
File: 9[1].jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
9[1].jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>>51116167
Prepositions (etc) at the end of the words (Agglutinative language (Language 2.0))
>>
>>51116167
Silent letters and having these two genders: neutrum and utrum.
>>
>>51116797
Except for genders, French is not too difficult
>>
>>51116167
Getting made fun of for your funny accent
>>
File: 1428806525933.gif (3 MB, 196x200) Image search: [Google]
1428806525933.gif
3 MB, 196x200
>>51116935
>(Agglutinative language (Language 2.0)
>>
>>51117026
Pronunciation is really hard. You handle the grammar?
>>
>>51117096
It's been a while since I was in high school, but my pronunciation was pretty ok and I passed for the writing part.
>>
>>51117386
Come in my country and try to pretend to be French. That's the ultimate test.
>>
We have genders and dual. And standard Slovene doesn't help when you talk to anyone who isn't an obnoxious capital city faggot/young fuck/slavist because everyone speaks in some sort of dialect.
>>
File: liAJO5T.jpg (107 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
liAJO5T.jpg
107 KB, 600x1066
There are rules but there are no rules
>>
finding it useful
>>
Articles (a, an, the)
Pronounciation:
>weather/whether
>lyre/liar
Spelling

Just a few weird things. If someone tells me their last name is Carr I'm going to assume it 's spelled with two Rs. Read a lot of books and you'll get it.
>>
>>51116296
exactly, i've seen foreigners speak about parts of english grammar that they remember because they had to learn the language from scratch in an academic setting and i had no idea what the fuck they were talking about.
>>
>>51116167
Genders and irregular verbs
>>
>>51119135
>Genders
not as hard as you'd expect it to be

getting my head around when to use which conjugation (outside of present/simple past/simple future) as well as using correct prepositions are the hardest parts of latin languages to me
>>
>>51116937
Are you sure it's not the fucking numbers?
>>
>>51119293
Well it's not hard but i guess it's annoying especially for people coming from languages that don't use them
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.