[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadians of /int/. I'm going to study in Canada. The question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
Canadians of /int/.

I'm going to study in Canada.
The question is - where?

My program is Welding foundation Certificate.
I can choose between the following locations:

Saint John NB
Victoria BC
Regina
Ottawa or Toronto

Which one would you recommend? - oh, I purposefully left out anywhere in Alberta because they are not accepting international students for this field there atm.
>>
If you want to do nothing but go to the bar and drink with your time off, go to Saint John.

If you want to see the mountains and be able to experience a more outdoors type of lifestyle, go to Victoria.

If you want to live literally in the middle of nowhere, go to Regina.

If you want to experience a genuine North American big city, go to Toronto.

Don't go to Ottawa, you'll have a better time anywhere else on your list, even Regina.
>>
>>53402031
ignore this "canadian"

>Saint John NB
>NB
no

>Victoria BC
folks are very friendly and relaxed

>Regina
boring area and people, live there for strictly business and everyone is trying to move away

>Ottawa or Toronto
ottawa is shit, toronto is very urban and fun

pick toronto or victoria, i'd go with victoria since you get a good mix of urban life and rural life and are a 1hr ferry away from vancouver
>>
>>53402031
>if you want to do nothing but go to the bar and drink with your time off, go to Saint John

Do you mean that there are no jobs there or that for a young person there is nothing to do? All I care about initially is having a job DESU.

Also - What's the problem with Ottawa?
>>
>>53403003
Can you guys tell me why Ottawa is shit though?

I had the impression it was a nice place?
How's the economy in Toronto ?
>>
>>53403053
>Also - What's the problem with Ottawa?

It's a no fun allowed city, just filled with business and politicians. I agree with the anon above, your best luck is Victoria or Toronto; being a residents of Vancouver I can tell you Victoria is very beautiful, rural and nice, but it's pretty boring pass that. You can take a ferry to Vancouver but it's not as convenient as you think.
>>
>>53401708
you are not white, don't go to another country to shit it up like the muslims do, stay here and suffer with us
>>
Anglos aren't canadiens.
>>
>>53403199
what the fuck do you even mean Ivan
>>
>>53403227
Why not Quebec to study? Français and portugais are closer like czech and belarusian.
>>
>>53403301
Because of cost issues and also I'd rather spend some time in an English speaking province to improve my English skills.
>>
>>53403170
Thanks.

Can you tell me about the economy in Toronto? is it doing well?
>>
>>53403170
but salaries in Ottawa are good right?
are there lots of QTS in Toronto?
>>
>>53401708
pamp
>>
>>53403660
>>
>>53403660
dude you are doing a fucking welding cert, toronto is one of the greatest business cities in the world but the amount of immigrants seeking trades jobs there is ludicrous
>>
>>53401708
Ottawa isn't a bad city, it pretty comfy place to live though it is rather boring and winter is pretty awful here, but the college here called Algonquin is pretty good and the neighborhood around it is nice.
>>
>>53406136
that's the college I'd go to if I chose Ottawa

>>53405722
I understand Welding probably isn't the hottest shit around in Toronto, I was just looking for opinions on whether it's ''doable'' or my only option is moving to Alberta afterwards.
>>
>>53406136
the weather there seems on par with what I'd be expecting from Canada, I've faced -25 in Sweden before so I should be fine I think
>>
>people talking shit about Ottawa

It's a nice city and had a good food scene and plenty going for it. It does have shit winters though.
>>
Ottawa is fun to visit but it's pretty boring to live in. That's why most people talk shit about it.

I'd go with Victoria or Toronto, depending if you want to do outdoors shit or not. Toronto has tons to do. Hope you have fun m8.

Whatever you do though do not pick St. Johns.
>>
Saint John is a beautiful small city with a vibrant cultural life. Maritimers are less accustomed to foreigners than people in other parts of the country, people will want to be your friend to learn about Brazilian people and culture.

It's very much a working-class city, but with a rich elite, the Irving and McCain families. They essentially run the rest of the province from there. The Irvings own all of the province's newspapers and non-state media, as well as most of the manufacturing and natural resources. As shitty as the Irvings are, living in SJ will put you in close contact with a company with near-dictatorial level of political control which is also constantly in need of skilled labourers.
>>
>>53407026
>It does have shit winters though.

where in Sverige do you live?
Kinda worried if a scandinavian says this lol
>>
>>53407089
I see, so the deal with Ottawa is mostly not being as vibrant as Toronto.

I suppose it pays off in being cleaner and not as huge? At least I've read that Ottawa is very clean
>>
>>53403347

>Cost issues

But Quebec is cheap, Montreal is as cheap as can be when it comes to metropolises.
>>
>>53408046
i wasn't really talking about the city, but the fact that my french is not enough for higher education in canada, so i'd need to study french at college
>>
>>53407359
what about salaries there?
I've heard that they are low compared to most provinces
>>
>>53401708
Why did you post a photo of a blonde, blue-eyed chick?
>>
>>53408340
I was checking blonde blue eyed chicks on google.

Anyway, I'll sleep now, thanks to everyone who replied, I'm very grateful for your support !
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.