[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Europeans so passive aggressive towards Americans? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 11
File: europoors.jpg (301 KB, 1440x801) Image search: [Google]
europoors.jpg
301 KB, 1440x801
Why are Europeans so passive aggressive towards Americans? They spend their free time ranting on Vietnamese cartoon forums about how much better their poverty-ridden welfare states are when compared to the US, could anyone give me some insight into this strange behaviour?
>>
>>31905049
Success breeds jealousy.
>>
>>31905049
inferiority complex
>>
File: finland.png (1 MB, 1279x809) Image search: [Google]
finland.png
1 MB, 1279x809
>>31905049
They learn stupid shit like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CE53xfCEE8
>>
>>31905049
Yes.
Yuropeeons are genetically inclined to complain yet at any sign of physical confrontations hide under rubble and start rationing food while their women draw stocking seems down the back of the bare skin of their legs in bonox.

They're just really really really REALLY fucking weird.
>>
File: ayp5YpX_460sa_v1.gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
ayp5YpX_460sa_v1.gif
2 MB, 297x229
this
>>31905104
and a little this
>>31905163
but mostly this
>>31905216
>>
>>31905216
There's a documentary called the Anti-Americans showing French kids learning the exact same shit. Really makes you wonder how badly Yuropoors are brainwashed in school.
>>
>>31905216
Wow, that's embarrassing. At least when Americans learn about foreign countries, they try to be objective.

Even towards the end of the Cold War, the worst my world culture/history textbooks said about the USSR was that it was poor and politically repressive--which, as it happens, was also a fact.
>>
>>31905216
jesus christ
>>
File: 1389106875416.jpg (14 KB, 322x255) Image search: [Google]
1389106875416.jpg
14 KB, 322x255
>>31905402
You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSU7K2nemc
>>
File: 71824.jpg (9 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
71824.jpg
9 KB, 252x252
>>31905216
>that woman's accent
I'm physically ill
>>
>>31905445
That's Lycée Henri IV?

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>31905445
i don't know, those kids seems pretty good at "banter" as aussies n' brits would call it. i think they're just teasin' the camera crew.
>>
File: 1403125504300.png (289 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1403125504300.png
289 KB, 480x480
>>31905216
>superior european education
>>
>>31905216
Jesus christ. This is really what Europeans learn about Americans?
>>
>>31905216
oh god, is this the fabled superior Finnish education people rant about?
>>
File: 1360353638221.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1360353638221.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>31905216
>>
>>31905514
>>31905216
>finns
>europeans
>>
>>31905216
>ameriga is rezbonzible for goga gola and mgdonalds :DDD fugging fatties :DDDD x--DD
>>
>>31905546

It's funded by tax dollars and staffed with government spokespeople. I can't imagine it being much different.
>>
>>31905049
>Vietnamese cartoon forums

Canadian anime imageboard
>>
>>31905587
>le big gubmint is bad
Please just stop, people are trying to have a fun conversation here.
>>
>>31905216
>people are taxed Euros so their kids can learn this.
>>
>>31905216
amerifats BFTO

but seriously, in school when learning about america the teacher was talking about the "American way of life" and mentioned stuff like living in an RV and eating fast food every day because the Americans were always about that "on the move" lifestyle or whatever, and we talked about things like the lady that put her cat in a microwave and watched things like bowling for columbine.
>>
>>31905216
I thought finland didn't have many muslims?
>>
>>31905686
That is so fucking retarded. Are all of your history and world culture lessons just exercises in dated national stereotypes?
>>
>>31905445
To be honest, I'd vote for a president that promised half-priced burgers.
>>
>>31905686
They have to try their hardest to stop you from coming. Didn't your countries lose like 1/5 of your populations to immigration in the 19th century?
>>
>>31905686
Wow...
>>
File: 5091.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
5091.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>31905686
>european education involves watching michael moore films
>>
>>31905686
also, when talking about RVs, there is always the infamous of the american who set the RV on cruise control and went to sleep, then sued someone for a gorillion dollars because the RV crashed.
>>
>>31905692
Finland has a smaller population, so they're more visible. they're not Sweden tier (yet).
>>
>>31905216
>>31905686
>mfw anti-americanism is indoctrinated into europeans from birth

You're no better than terrorist sandniggers living in caves
>>
>>31905686
It's not just the fact that your school system feels the need to teach you about our day to day life, its that it's entirely based off stereotypes and ebin /int/ maymays. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>31905761
Never heard of it.

>>31905686
>we talked about things like the lady that put her cat in a microwave
Excellent education m8
>>
>>31905692
it's just helsinki area some schools there are like 30% muslim
>>
>>31905686
>yuropoor "education"
jesus christ and we're supposed to be the stupid ones
>>
>>31905686
>all these other Americans replying to Norway as if this wasn't true
>>
It's hipsterism basically. USA pop culture is mainstream so every idiot wants to prove they are better than the sheeple by dissing it. Of course when they do it they resort to the same stereotypical memes they heard from other pseudo-intellectuals and so reveal that they actually have extremely shallow understanding of the country and it's culture.
>>
>>31905793
how come coca cola or mcdonalds are anti-american?
those are the first things comes to mind when i think of america
>>
>>31905761
>who set the RV on cruise control and went to sleep, then sued someone for a gorillion dollars because the RV crashed.

such a case would be thrown out of the court room, and the person who sued would be fined for wasting the court's time.
>>
>>31905216
If that's a university then it's kind of no big deal. American universities have some pretty retard tier lower level humanities/social science classes. Here's one from the University of Michigan, which is a pretty highly ranked school:
>AAS 328 - Women, Agency and Sexual Safety
>This course will put women's bodies at the center of science by examining the problems of the current technologies designed by scientists to enable women to have control over their reproductive capacities. The problematic technologies are a direct result of women’s ideas and voices being excluded at the very concept of the scientific project. The new technologies being developed will be examined e.g., microbicides, the female condom, cervical protection. One important research question will also be investigated. Is the vagina studied only as a vehicle for sexual intercourse and child birth or is it studied beyond this function? This is a critical question when one puts women’s bodies at the center of science. This semester a new feature will be added in looking at race and women's bodies as a site for experimentation.

If that's a finnish high school though then I feel bad for yuropoors.
>>
>>31905049
You wouldn't understand, it's culture related
>>
>>31905761

I wonder if it's like the "hot coffee" lawsuit that sounds ridiculous on the surface but is actually really fucked up.
>>
>>31905686
>>31905216
I actually feel bad for Europeans if this is what they're raised up believing.
>>
>>31905793
and the thing is american pop culture do you study spanish or french history or some hard stuff in your language classes?
i bet when it comes to french is wine, eiffel tower, baquettes and all that shit
>>
>>31905903
yeah, it's like that

>mfw today I know the reasonable explanation of the coffe lawsuit because I spent time online and stumbled upon it
>but in school I got the fucked up version and always assumed "lol America sure is crazy"
>there are Norwegians walking around who know the story, but not the real story and some times they talk to me about it and make fun of America
>>
I'm pretty sure European history is something like

"Europe is the best thing in the world. Until we fought ourselves. And then our dumbfuck cousins helped us a bit. They were sort of #1 for a few years only because we destroyed ourselves with our wars. But we're back at being the best."
>>
>>31905841
>those are the first things comes to mind when i think of america
You're basically admitting to being a moron.
>>
File: 1349095431001.jpg (108 KB, 608x558) Image search: [Google]
1349095431001.jpg
108 KB, 608x558
I actually feel smarter if this is what they are learning about.

AN AMERICAN FEELS SMARTER.
>>
>>31905877
>le gamergate feminism mens rights sjw
virgin detected
>>
>>31905909
The aerosol cheese lifestyle isn't entirely false either
>>
>>31905924
In america, you can take french, german or spanish language classes. Or at least it was like that at my old high school. They also had korean and japanese too for extra credit, and also being in Washington, you saw alot of Koreans and Japanese
>>
>>31906009
>WGS.233J New Culture of Gender: Queer France
>Addresses the place of contemporary queer identities in French discourse. Discusses the new generation of queer authors and their principal concerns. Introduces students to the main classical references of queer subcultures, from Proust and Vivien to Hocquenghem and Wittig. Examines current debates on post-colonial and globalized queer identities through essays, songs, movies, and novels. Authors include Didier Eribon, Anne Garréta, Abdellah Taïa, Anne Scott, and Nina Bouraoui.
>Taught in French.

This is from MIT.
>>
>>31905980
ask anyone else and it's pretty much the same
>>
>>31905924
>spanish or french history or some hard stuff in your language classes
In Spanish we learned about the conquistadores, independence movements, and the different relationships between Spain and its colonies. I remember reading a lot of Argentinian articles about the big bad Brits when I was learning Spanish.

For French, we learned a great deal about French art and literature.

Why would you waste an opportunity to learn just because it's a language class?
>>
yuropoors truly are pathetic
>>
>>31906018
But going from that video, apparently that's all we eat. Personally cheese in a can is fucking disgusting
>>
>>31906068
omg it's about women and gays, it must be a marxist plot

grow the fuck up you faggot
>>
>>31906085
Having a yuropoor flag on your flag it's truly the most pathetic and beta thing that a country can do
>>
>>31906018
But it's basing education ENTIRELY around stereotypes.

How do you think the world would be if it was taught in school that-
Germans are all shit fetish weirdos
All Canadians are Hockey playing toothless moose's.
All Australians are actually crocodile Dundee
All Brits are royal and have no teeth
All Mexicans have no head
All Thai are ladyboys.
>>
>>31906140
Finns learn by maymays. It actually makes sense, when you think about it.
>>
>>31906130
>not wanting to keep the flag your ancestors died for

it just wouldn't feel right if we ditched the UJ
>>
Europeans are petty and nationalistic. When confronted with difference, they become belligerent and angry. I thought that this was common knowledge.
>>
>>31905761
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp

There are so many different versions of that story that have been floating around since the 70's. That story is as much a myth as Ba'al is.
>>
>>31905924
Depends on if you take "basic" history or advanced. Basic is bits about Rome, your teacher ignoring the union mandated five month lecture on Black kingdoms, some ancient greece, important things in medieval era (Ie, war of the roses), early modernish (French revolution), America revolution, how all whites are evil for killing the natives, civil war, a day of WWI, and then half a year of WWII.

Adcanced is a year atudying romes rise to power, an in deoth look at the histiry of Europe, modernish events such as the cold war, and an actual diacussion of wwi.
>>
>>31906068
These don't seem anywhere near as stupid as learning about a countries steroetypes and ONLY a countries stereotypes. They just seem incredibly sjw.
>>
>>31906140
sounds based
>>
>>31906068
Why the hell is a class like that in a Technical School's curriculum?
>>
>>31905924

Not too much in-depth history in the intro courses in my experience. Not memery, either. They mostly concentrated on the language basics. The students, however, were all about the stereotypes and most of the teachers allowed it. We had a kid make a Sharpie Hitler mustache and the teacher thought it was hilarious.
>>
>>31906218
Well it's not exactly in our text book either, it's more like something someone in a class discussion brought up and we talked about it.
But the text book did mention RVs as an example of the american way, where everything was supposed to be convenient.
>>
>>31906278
school board politics
>>
>>31906278
>liberalism
not even once
>>
>>31905445
lel, America getting btfo.
>>
>>31905445
>Half price hamburgers
Never happened....
>>
>>31906232
I think he's talking about learning history within the language courses themselves. Personally, I can't speak for everyone but in my language courses we would also learn the names of cities of the country/region that spoke the language. Maybe a couple famous people, a little bit about some unique type of music or art form, and a little bit about the basic history.
>>
>>31905841
because those are horrible eating and drinking habits.
Shit i learned for my self about the epidemic of heroin in Afghanistan, not in class. Only bad thing i could think of that i learn in class was when Japan killed a lot of their own people when their smaller islands were being invaded.
And Kim JUn claim to hit 13 hole in 1's at golf when tigger woods won the PGA tour.
>>
>>31905993
This feels fantastic and frightening at the same time
>>
Americans as the leading superpower export their culture everywhere, so they come under closer scrutiny. When exposed to the spectacle, many people recoil. Some aspects of their foreign policy are a factor of course.

The faggots who go full anti-america are usually naive retards, greenpeace-tier cunts or trolls.
>>
>>31905049
You might as well ask why autists shitpost.

. . . . because it;s literally all just autists shitposting.
>>
>>31906417
This is how it was for me, except the languages would also teach about countries culture and celebrate holidays from there
Ex. Spainish would celebrate various spainish and Latin American holidays, Latin would celebrate Roman holidays, Japanese would celebrate Japanese holidays, etc.
>>
Don't worry, these stereotypes and jokes are just to distract us from your utter dominance and influence. Most of us can't even tell what is and isn't American anymore.
>>
>>31905841
because it is a distortion of reality. I have not had any soft drink in around 4 months and have not eaten at McDonalds in over a year and in no way am I unusual. Let me explain something, TV shows are fictional. That means not real.
>>
>>31906632
Yet disproportionate soda and sugar consumption is a statistical reality.
>>
>>31905216
jesus.
>>
>>31906802
hmmm well sure but it is not in the cultural region I live in. But of course you have had a very poor education about my country. I guess only China knows how this feels.
>>
Wow, Europeans are so edgy. They're like 13 year olds rebelling against authority, lmao
>>
I've been with a woman from the UK for 9 years and lived there for quite a while, so I've traveled pretty extensively around Europe and dealt with many Yuros. The crazy shit that they say and believe about America still astounds me.
>>
>>31906297
>But the text book did mention RVs as an example of the american way

That is absolutely fucking retarded.

>americans are the dumb ones
>>
It's just somepeople that gathers on these type of website. I haven't seen much anti-american stuff here.
It's mostly been about politics such as Iraq war etc. People like americans here.
>>
>>31905216
If you told me this in text form that this happens in Europe I wouldn't have believed you.

Get it together, yurop.
>>
>>31906298
>school board politics
Do conservatives just repeat their radio memes ad nauseam?

It's MIT, it doesn't have a school board you ignoramus.
>>
>>31908422
Like = don't have a strong opinion. Pretty much when it comes to any other country
>>
>>31908272
This. The amazing thing is that Yerps won't waste any breath lecturing you about your own country, even when everything they know comes from Hollywood movies and television shows.
>>
>>31905216
I don't understand what's the big deal about this.
When I took spanish classes there was stuff about like flamingo dances, bull fighting, football, national holidays and siesta :DDD you know stuff about Spanish culture.

I've been reading about Finnish language textbook and it's there's been same kinda stuff
>>
>>31905924
We don't learn about foreign pop culture because we don't take classes in pop culture. When we take foreign language classes, we study the language. When we take history classes, we study the history. What French people supposedly eat or spend their time doing is not part of the curriculum.
>>
File: the french.jpg (221 KB, 888x491) Image search: [Google]
the french.jpg
221 KB, 888x491
>>31905445
For fuck's sake.
>>
I foresee Riley ITT.
>>
>>31908590
But the conversations are themed that way. You know when visiting London, asking for directions etc.
Don't tell me your language classes are just about grey boring grammar and it's not about making it interesting (and funny)to learn?
>>
>>31908590
>learning the language without learning about the culture

Literally what for ?
>>
>>31908570
You should be learning about blues, Faulkner, puritans, and cowboys then, not Coca Cola and McDonald's. That's like basing a Finnish language class on translating the ingredients of energy drink cans.
>>
>>31908630
Believe it or not, McDonald's and Mickey Mouse come up in conversation an average of 0 times per day.
>>
>>31908676
He's wrong, most language classes rely heavily on culture. It's just that we learn about art, music, literature, etc. moreso than pop culture.

I remember learning a lot about French history when I took French language classes. We didn't talk about kebab frites or Gauloises because that would be retarded.
>>
>>31908630
>not asking how many babies it takes to make le pot-a-feu.
>not role playing a parent telling their teenager "no, i wont give you money."
>not having a fake fashion show to show that you learned the names for clothing
some of our language teachers are pretty great, others pretty awful.
>>
>>31908630
Any kind of cultural learning is purely coincidental as it comes with expanding your working vocabulary. So if you were studying Spanish for instance, you might learn what mariachi is or what tamales are if you didn't already know, but there's little to nothing in the way of discussion about where they fit into the broader culture, mainly because it's not relevant to learning to speak the language.
>>
1. Flag
2. When did you realise that Europe had become the embodiment of "Let me tell you about your country"?
>>
>>31908759
This. US language courses are based on immersion methods and lots of conversational performance, not just sitting in a chair and being asked about stereotypes. This is why Americans, when they _do_ learn a language, tend to learn it well.
>>
>>31905924
If you take advance placement history classes you really get in dept look. The text book was at least 7 inches thick. And I could barely read the font since it was small. But if you take regular history its really dumbed down and generalized. Then you have to wait till college to actually learn about history. But our teachers really love Europe since anyone who knows or likes it is consider cultured. So we don't learn hating you. Its that hate we receive that makes us dislike the rest of the world.
>>
>>31908820
>Its that hate we receive that makes us dislike the rest of the world.
Bingo. Most Americans like Europe and Europeans until they encounter their first European.

Meanwhile, most Europeans hate America and Americans until they encounter their first American.
>>
>>31908785
>country invented by Europeans
>"you don kno nuffin bout us"
>>
>>31905445
this is just silly
almost as silly as a certain scott i know, honestly
>>
>>31905216

spurlock :DDDD
>>
>>31908844
Dunno if I count as European but I couldn't differ American from Britt till I found 4chan and met few of them.
>>
>>31908844
I don't know which kind of europeans you people have met if they start to bash about how evil and bad america is.
They're assholes in that case
>>
>>31908858
Iron clad logic.
>>
>Be American born
>Move to Australia at 13
>Learning about Vietnam war in history
>Teacher rages on about evil Americans
>Class watched Fahrenheit 9/11 for some reason
>Everytime I ask a question someone mocks my accent, usually the teacher

Australia tends to be pretty anti-American, although I've been here for 6 years now so I have a thicker skin about it
>>
>>31906068
That's different only a select few actually have the option to take that class. And of that small group, an even smaller percentage will actually take that class. But if Europe is teaching children, maybe hundreds or thousands stereotypes of america that's has a huge affect.
>>
>>31908916

i will rape and murder you
>>
>>31908844

This. Americans are taught from day one that Europeans are cultured, sophisticated, well-traveled, and interesting (generally because most teachers are Europhile socialists). Then you actually meet them...
>>
>>31905445
The first kid was funny but the other two just seemed indoctrinated, spoopy
>>
>>31908858
Yes, America was literally invented in a European laboratory and then transported across the sea, where it was unpackaged in a marvelous ceremony.

America was a constitutional republic when your country was still experiencing peasant uprisings. Peasant fucking uprisings, lel.
>>
>>31908858
I seem to have missed the day we learned about the Czech settlers who founded America
>>
File: 1406069307700.jpg (17 KB, 418x384) Image search: [Google]
1406069307700.jpg
17 KB, 418x384
>All these fucking Videos

Holy Fucking shit!

And here I thought all the "Burger's! Guns! MickyDee's and Freedumz!" was just Europeans attempting to give us a hard time

They ACTUALLY teach THIS in public schools? You guys were ACTUALLY subjected to this?

God damn! I know our education is awful but now I don't feel quite as bad by comparison.
>>
Foreigners watch Fahrenheit 911 and other Michael Moore movies in school?

That's just really weird.
>>
>>31908914
The people who treated me the rudest while I was in Europe were the Brits, and that wasn't even in Britain. The French were mostly hospitable, but also pretty ignorant and insular to an amazing extent. Germans and Dutch were insufferably arrogant while also exceedingly ignorant.

Canadians can be just as bad, actually. Which is all the more embarrassing in their case since they're basically just an encrustation along our border.

Europeans who travel to America tend to be more educated and open-minded, for obvious reasons. But they still cling to a lot of stupid ideas and prejudices. A lot of them never step outside of Manhattan and spend a lot of their time buying jeans at the Gap or eating burgers. Makes no sense.
>>
>>31906079

Because everyone else are feed the same bullshit in school as in the video....

Do you seriously not understand logic... ?
>>
I recently completed a 10 month trip around the world and I've decided Americans are some of my favourite people

In America everyone was friendly, food was awesome and they loved learning about Australia. I noticed that as long as you don't try to tell Americans how to live, they've very welcoming and critical about their country, it's only when you insult them that they get nationalistic.

In Europe food sucked, people were generally rude (Except Germany and Netherlands, they were bros), always talked shit about Australia and how great their own country was.

I like slinging shit about yanks, but there's no other country as generous and welcoming
>>
>>31908914
They don't necessarily have to go on a rant about how evil America is, they just default to rudeness as soon as they hear your accent.

I liked Brits until I went to England and was treated like some dumb Yank for no reason by most of the people I encountered. Surprisingly, the French were much nicer even though my French fucking sucks.
>>
>>31909012
I'm leftist scum, and even I know that watching a Michael Moore film for information and learning is basically the equivalent of a hammer to the head.
>>
>>31908990
not only were we settled by czechs, all our founding fathers were czech you fool! didn't you learn about gjorg wlashingtonovic?
>>
>>31905049
>wake up
>check if I'm American
>if answer is no: go back to sleep

Life is suffering
>>
>>31909037

fed* fuck
>>
>>31909037
when you think about russia, what comes to mind? i bet it's a russian criminal with a thick who drinks vodka.
i wouldn't call coca cola or burgers a bad stereotype
>>
>>31909069
Anyone can be an American, friend.
>>
>>31909016
That's not arrogance. Just people in Europe are more cold and distand than you, criminal descendants with no manners.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.