[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christmas food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 2183239.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2183239.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
What do you eat in your country?

In Finland the center piece is a big ham, it's painted in mustard and cloves stuck into it and baked over night in the oven.
Then there are casseroles: Liver casserole, potato casserole, turnip casserole...
Fish: Gravlax and herring for starters, lutfisk with white sauce, potato and allspice as a meal
Rosolli: The pinkish salad. I think Russians eat this too, beets, herring, carrots, pickles chopped together and served with unsweetened whipped cream.
>>
I google translated it for you:

>It is common to eat dishes such as suckling pig, poularde, turkey, mutton, lamb, sea bream, escudella, carn d'olla (Catalonia) or shrimp (and other seafood). In Galicia is also typical cod with cauliflower.

>December 31 (New Year) is tradition to eat twelve grapes at the rate of twelve strokes, once it enters the new year is often a toast with champagne. At dawn or morning of January 1 it is usually taken chocolate with churros, either at home with the family or at a cafe. On January 6 (Epiphany) usually eat the traditional Three Kings Cake.
>>
nordic food is depressing af
>>
>>52520147
In Spain there isn't a specific dish to eat at Christmas. Every house has his own traditions.
>>
File: 440px-Rollmops_01_retouched.jpg (28 KB, 440x334) Image search: [Google]
440px-Rollmops_01_retouched.jpg
28 KB, 440x334
>>52520147
Wiener sausages with potatosalad for some reason. My family usually eats goose.
Also on the morning of january 1st you traditionally eat rollmops because it's pretty good hangoverfood.
>>
>>52520147
pretty much the same but with meatballs, prinskorv and janssons frestelse
>>
>>52520147
>lutfisk
As in lutefisk? The norwegian thing? I didn't know you could even get that in Finland, or that there are people who eat it.
>>
Christmas eve: roasted pork rib
Other days after that between christmas and new years eve people cook regular roasted pork and pinnekjott (very salty lamb), some people also have turkey and even cod if they're silly enough.

>bonus poorfag nigger tier
Grandiosa frozen pizza, yes some people eat that for christmas
>>
>>52522502
Yep, even most of the time is different evey year.
>>
>>52522483
But you don't even have your own food, everything is imported

Sauce: Friend lived in the NL
>>
File: Broodje-kroket-sandwich-009[1].jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Broodje-kroket-sandwich-009[1].jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>52527440
It's all about fastfood here.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>52520147
Gourmetten ofc.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.