[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are basements common in your cunt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Finished-Basements1.jpg (428 KB, 2272x1275) Image search: [Google]
Finished-Basements1.jpg
428 KB, 2272x1275
argentina
no :(
>>
>>52473495
Yes but usually they look nothing like this. More often it is just a shitty looking place used for storage.
>>
Not really since it's a lot of fucking work to put one here

>dig hole
>groundwater level is just below the surface so it floods with water
>put in temporary drainage
>drill in piles till the first sand layer (usually 10-15 m deep)
>pour foundation
>pour basement walls
>fill basement with water so it doesn't starts floating when you stop the drainage
>stop drainage
>build house on top of basement
>drain the water from inside the basement
>done
>>
Germany yes, but not finished like living rooms, instead for storage, utility equipment (water heaters and such) and workbenches. I can't grasp the reason why someone would turn a basement into a living room.
>>
In other states but not here in Florida.

The water level is less than 1 meter below the surface so if somebody tried to make a basement it would quickly become a swimming pool.
>>
>>52474203
My swamp brother
>>
Austria
Yes, but not as comfy as the one in your pic.
>>
old houses yes, new houses no
>>
Depends on where you go even within neighborhoods. I've seen big ones with basements and without basements, and little shitty ones with and without. Maybe it's more common on the east coast, but I'm west coast so who the fuck knows.
>>
I depends on where you live. In the Midwest, everyone has one. In parts of California, few people have them.

My 5 year old cousin from San Francisco is staying with my family for Christmas. While we were driving around, he tugs on my sleeve and says "Anon, why are there windows in the ground everywhere?". He was talking about basement windows, he'd never seen one before.
>>
>>52473495

Yeah, most people have them and turn them into a lounge or home theater or something.

You either make it very modern like a home theater thing, or you make it into a second living room, or you make it into a room where you display your pelts and hunting stuff and such.

Good place to relax after bastu.
>>
>>52474261
>for storage, utility equipment (water heaters and such) and workbenches

same

> I can't grasp the reason why someone would turn a basement into a living room.

many do this here, also rednecks will turn garages into living rooms, and leave the big doors on, it's pretty funny
>>
>>52473495
We have converted attics instead
>>
File: tumblr_m7fvtsaJqm1qhepu0o1_1280.jpg (357 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7fvtsaJqm1qhepu0o1_1280.jpg
357 KB, 1024x676
>>52474701
>turn them into a lounge or home theater or something
>tfw you will never have an arcade basement
>>
>>52473567
Where do you live? Some shithole out east or something?

Average suburb in the GTA has basements that look like >>52473495
>>
>>52474892
Knowing you krauts, you'll turn them into sex dungeons and keep your children in there
>>
>>52474203
>>
>>52474203
Why don't you just move to belgium and stop the trouble? I have trouble figuring it out why would anyone populate such place.
>>
>>52473495
They are, but only depending on where you are. If you're in a high-risk zone for earthquakes, then basically nobody has one. I've spent a lot of time out in LA, and I've never once seen one.

They can be pretty cozy and useful, though, if you do have one. My aunt and uncle live in Georgia, and they have 3 floors to their house, the 1 of which is entirely below ground. There's a weight room, an entertainment room, a laundry room, a small kitchen... it's pretty nice. All without having to spend more on a larger plot of land, too.
>>
>>52473495
>Mexico
No, people usually build second floors though.
>>
>>52475771
>letting mother nature win

No
>>
>>52475771
>any year
>not craftily stealing your Lebensraum from the ocean
>wanting to share your country with freedomfriesfrogs
>>
>>52473567

finished vs unfinished basement, unless you live in a house your grandfather built you should have a finished
>>
>>52473495
Usually houses are build on a foundation that includes a basement.

This wasn't always the case. Back in the good old times basements were a separate thing dug into a hill in the garden.

Their use is still the same: a place to store things. Since it's literally more humid than the tropics here no one sane would build out a basement to use as living space.
>>
>>52476025
But once you have a finished basement you can never get it dirty with anything again. What's next, finished garages?
>>
>>52473495
Yes. Even commieblocks have them.
>>
>>52475968
>>52476002
Excuse him, he's Brazilian he doesn't know what it's like to be in charge of one's own destiny.
>>
Random pic of a basement in Bulgaria.
>>
Basements are common here, and it's extremely weird when I visit a house that doesn't have one. My apartment unit is in the basement. The dirt is great insulation, which saves me a lot of money on heating/AC. While sitting here, only my head is above the ground.
>>
Brasil
No

We don't have attics either.
>>
>>52477410
What's in all those jars?
>>
Yes, but we call them cellars and just use them to store all our stuff.
>>
>>52477519
The red ones look like kompot.
The green ones look like pickles.
>>
>>52474963
like most UK memes about Germany, that's actually true in Austria
>>
>>52477410
looks like one of the corners in my basement. We have a fuckhuge basement (for a normal house) and infact have 2 seperate ones.
>>
No
because flooding
>>
>>52473495
I've only seen them in Bogota
>>
>Western Canada
>Yes
Almost every house has them, usually with the basement finished but with an unfinished garage or room for storage
>>
>>52473495
England
No
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.