[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Brazilians feel about BOPE? I just finished watching the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 300px-BOPE_Faca_na_Caveira.svg.png (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300px-BOPE_Faca_na_Caveira.svg.png
31 KB, 300x300
How do Brazilians feel about BOPE? I just finished watching the Tropa de Elite movies (both are really great) and I was wondering how people feel about the military police? I know the movie probably dramatized the reality but I still want to hear the opinion of Brazilians.
>>
>>52404634
Well, if you live in a big city and you are a nigger, you have a REALLY HIGH chance of being detained by just walking outside at night.

Also, the corruption within the police is absurd, i would say it's even bigger than what you saw in the movies.

I don't live in Rio, but for what i recall, they only call the BOPE to rush in the favelas to fuck everything up, almost no questions asked.
>>
>>52404634
>Bope
I think they are a good representation on why Rio failed regarding the war on drugs. Just professional thugs and cutthroats won't win this.
>military police
Should be unified with the "civil police" instead. Their quasi-militaristic mentality just deepen the problem.
My two cents:
>legalize (most) drugs and tax them properly
>less police, but with better training, payment and use of technology
>remove slums that are near middle and upper class neighborhoods
It's a start.
>>
>>52404863
Addendum, disregard >>52404762
>>
>>52404634
ROTA is better desu
>>
>>52404938
?????

Disregard for what? Do you actually think our police is not corrupted as fuck?
Do you also think they are not racist as fuck?

If the police come to my home and saw some drugs i could just say that it's for "personal use" and i would be just fine, but if a brown guy said that, he would be put in jail.
>>
>>52404634
BOPE is basically a death squad.

Imagine if Europe employed a death squad to enter gypsy slums and beat em up or kill them to keep them under control and in fear.

BOPE does that. They aren't the justice warriors as portrayed in the movie, they're just as corrupt as the rest.
>>
>>52404991
just to add
rota puts favelados to run when they are blasting shitty music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecaKBBcl_Q
>>
>>52405109
You are so cringe mate.
>I don't live in Rio
So stfu.
>>
>>52405216
>i cannot say anything about the police because i don't live in your shithole
Sure thing m8 :^)
>>
>>52404634
They don't kill enough favelados. My plan is to bulldoze the entirety of rio the janeiro, so in some thousand years favelado bodies can be used as fuel and they become useful at least once.
>>
>>52404634
It's good. I mean, someone has to kill all the falevado/nigger scum.
>>
>>52405285
You can say whatever you want. But you will only be dropping spaghetti, like you already did. Truly laffin here.
>>
Só tem brasileiro nessa merda, falem português.
>>
>>52405493
No.
>>
Thanks for your replies, seems that most people see them as a death squad. Is there any serious movement to abolish the organization or atleast limit it in someway? Or do they keep gaining power.
>>
>>52405522
Sim.
>>
>>52405614
Neither. Most people are happy as long as their asses aren't on the line.
>>
>>52405675
sad to hear, hope things will improve. The global drug war seems to be weakening, although slowly but maybe there is some hope.
>>
>>52405748
I hope so, I do my part and there are so many nice things in this city, look what just opened:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/17/museum-of-tomorrow-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-sustainability
Anyway, g'day to you :)
>>
>>52405940
That looks really cool man, I hope to visit Brazil one day.
>>
File: 1418667108234.jpg (102 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
1418667108234.jpg
102 KB, 1000x726
>>52405940
>nice things
>rio
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.