[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experience moving to another country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Feels.jpg (40 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
Feels.jpg
40 KB, 500x632
/int/ I want to move to another country in the future.

I'm currently in university for my undergrad doing law. Parents passed away a couple years ago and my older brother, who has drug problems, just overdosed recently. Really just want to gtfo, too many bad memories, have no more close family left here. I'm in Ontario for uni, but lived in Quebec and PEI growing up. I don't want to be here anymore.

I'm thinking about the UK or the USA after I graduate.

>How did you do it?
>How hard was it finding a job?

Thanks
>>
File: 1448386859304.jpg (56 KB, 642x637) Image search: [Google]
1448386859304.jpg
56 KB, 642x637
>PEI
>>
>>51867236
wtf, i posted a golden kek
>>
>>51867217
M8 I sometimes dream of Canada's landscape. You guys are blessed to have no natural deserts and a cozy climate.

The U.S is great, but the job situation is fucked to hell. I just got a job at a pizzeria (part time, lel) and over 50 people applied for the position in desperation. I don't even work 26 hours a week, I make less than 10k a year and people are competing for this shit-tier job.

My neighborhood is one of the richest in the country and competition locally for this job was nuts. That is how fucked the job market is.
>>
>>51867217
It could be worse m8 like living in a third world country like me having to deal with a lot of shit I suggest you just to move to another state inside your country since Canada is fucking great.
>>
>>51867336
>>51867524

I guess the grass isnt greener on the other side

Is it stupid to want to move countries? Or should i just shut the fuck up and stay?
>>
>>51867217
Just come to Alberta you mong.
Your problem is that you lived in Quebec and then you lived in the Maritimes and now you live in(I'm assuming) Toronto.
>>
>>51868079
Isnt the oil industry going down nowadays? What's so great about Alberta
>>
>>51868209
Don't listen to that pizza-munching murifat, the job market here is flourishing. Just look for a state with low unemployment and you should have no trouble finding a good job. Sometimes you need a fresh start and moving is a good way to do that. If you're leaving your country, the USA is probably your best bet. You could probably even immigrate illegally with little threat of deportation.
>>
>>51868075

Canada is one of the places I realistically would live..
>>
>>51868411
Thanks for the advice

>>51868632
I just don't want to be here anymore, not saying Canada is bad
>>
>>51868209
Oil employs maybe 10% directly.

There's so many beautiful sights to see in nature I spend my summers driving to find them.
>>
>>51868075
You SHOULD definitely move country, especially when you are young and have no family ties. Even if only for a year.
>>
>>51869045
I'm at uni in nothern Ontario. I walk around the forested areas and shit listening to music when I'm feeling down, it's great

I just want to move after graduation, somewhere far would be nice and interesting experience.

>>51869246
Thanks for the reply
>>
>>51868075
You should stay in your country lad trust me it's better for you.
>>
>>51869477
Any reasons why?

Like if immigrants can move here and make something out of themselves from nothing, I don't have any excuse not being able to do the same going to the UK or USA
>>
Cross the border to freedom land m8
>>
>>51868411
This. There are tons of people """""stuck""""" with no job because they refuse to leave their shitty backwater to move to where the opportunities are. As an outsider with the option of choosing exactly which part of the country you want to go to, you can easily pick a place where you can find work.
>>
>>51867217
>Studying law in one country
>Decide to move to another country
How fucking retarded are you
>>
>>51869954
Will probably do another major in something else more relevant, beats criminology + 2 meme minors, haven't decided what though
>>
>>51867217
>leaving Canada to look for greener fields

NO

STOP
>>
>>51869773
First of all Law from the US is different from your country what the fuck and second you won't know what you have until you lose it, you will feel bad if you ever leave Canada.
>>
>>51867217
Take a trip to a third world country like India or Bangladesh,
and you will realize how lucky you are.
>>
Canadian want out of Canada? Jesus.... Well if you're going to the US, make it Northeastern, its the closest and nicest place to start off in, and its pretty convenient based on your location. I live in upstate NY and its decent living, pretty good for this economy. Just a warning, you're gonna want to look for jobs in the long run, job competition here is insane. And I'm sorry about the family, brother
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.