[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are gun laws like in your cunt's tree? Should they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 5.jpg (45 KB, 585x390) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
45 KB, 585x390
What are gun laws like in your cunt's tree?

Should they be more strict, less strict or stay the same?

Has the refugee crisis changed your opinion on guns?
>>
>>51783431
Gun laws depend on state, even the worst, most restrictive ones like Cali(I am discounting city laws because NYC and Chicago have full-on communist gun laws) aren't that restrictive compared to other countries worldwide.

They should be less strict, gun control in America is against the culture, most people overall (last time I checked offical statistics) want less control, and don't fucking work (gun deaths by state corrleates more with population rather than gun control strictness)

Not really, it might have increased the amount of pro-gun people slightly
>>
>America's going to ban guns
>>
Pretty happy with them as they are to be honest. Own a 30-06 for fallow deer and a .22WMR for wallabies, possums and rabbits. Buying a 204 ruger soon for longer range wallaby blasting.

I don't need a semi auto and certainly don't need a handgun, they're not practical given what I do.

Getting the license wasn't an unreasonably complicated process; basically involved filling out paperwork and attending a theory and practical session at the local range. Was more of a hassle getting a driver's license.

Also I live in Tasmania, the state with the strictest gun laws in the federation.
>>
>>51783861
Why does U.S liberal media love to eat that gun control worked in Australia ever since Port Arthur?
There was the Cairns child massacre back in 2014, and the Hunt Family murders as well.
Hectorville siege in 2011, and the Monash university shooting.
>>
>everyone can buy rifles and shotguns
>semiautomatic weapons require a license
>fully automatic weapons are illegal

I think it's ok that way.
>>
File: 14131423845.png (116 KB, 589x493) Image search: [Google]
14131423845.png
116 KB, 589x493
>Swedish gun laws
Help.
>>
>>51783861
24 kids got shot, and they couldn't pass jack shit. The liberals had their chance, and they lost. Also, Obama recently signed a law that states that all surplus 1911s are to be given to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
>>
>>51783431
Wish we could buy semi-automatic rifles. other than that, they're okay.
>>
>no handguns
>no weapons that are shorter than 800mm in ready to fire state
>need a pain-in-the-ass-to-get licence to buy a shotgun
>rifle can only be bought after 5 years of owning a shotgun
>rifles have to have a fucking nail in in their barrels to leave a special mark on a shot bullet which also greatly fucks up the accuracy
>have to go to police range from time to time to book these gun specific marks
>no full-autos
>mags restricted to 10 shots
>can only own 2 firearms at once
North Korea tier gun laws for North Korea tier country
>>
>>51784354
>all surplus 1911s are to be given to the Civilian Marksmanship Program
What? Why? What's Obama's profit in this, isn't he like a super anti-gun gommie?
>>
>>51783431
>What are gun laws like in your cunt's tree?
Much more restrictive than the US of course. There's a lot of restrictions on what guns you are allowed to own and they all require a license, which isn't terribly hard to get.

>Should they be more strict, less strict or stay the same?
The needing a licence is fine for now, it keeps most silly fuckers away because they're too lazy or can't pass the criminal history check. The "test" can keep some complete retards away. It is expensive in some states I hear though (was $15 here).

The restrictions on guns are completely retarded. We have de-facto bans on pump-action and semi-auto shotguns, as well as any guns Customs sees as too scary. Semi-auto rifles, even rimfires, are (imo) too heavily restricted. Things like 10/22s and pump-action shoguns should be available on the standard licence. Semi-auto centerfires would piss off all the antis and half the country but given there's already a licencing process I think semi-autos could realistically be allowed on the standard licence. I'm very much for less restrictions.

>Has the refugee crisis changed your opinion on guns?
No. I wanted all the guns before and I will want all the guns afterwards.

>Tasmania, the state with the strictest gun laws in the federation
Surely Tassie can't be as strict as WA?
>>
>>51784267

>Tasmania, the state with the strictest gun laws in the federation
Surely Tassie can't be as strict as WA?
>>
File: good goy.jpg (10 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
good goy.jpg
10 KB, 208x243
>Americans buy more guns because they don't want to get shot
>mfw what are bulletproof vests
>>
>>51784928
With a bulletproof vest you still get shot, you might survive tho, but you still get shot.
>>
>>51784828

Honestly don't know man, haven't looked into it. It's something people say a lot here in TAS though. Instructor at the licensing course said it too so figured he'd know.
>>
>>51785301
Probably. I lived in WA a few years back and they were awful. They'd intentionally delay all your paperwork just to start with, the police were of no help and generally treated you like shit. Getting the licence, just a Cat B one was a nightmare. In the end they allowed 1 single gun, had to write a letter about what gun had been chose, what caliber and why that specific gun and caliber was required. Was a fucking joke. Extremely expensive too, a single PTA was like $150 (you could do multiple guns on one though which was nice, not that they'd let you buy 2 at once). The licencing process took nearly 2 years all for a shotgun and a .223. To be fair though, some of that came down to the local cops being intentionally unhelpful.
WA also bans a lot of shit for no reason. The WFA1 got shitcanned there. The early batches of 7615s were banned. Anything that "in the opinion of the commissioner significantly resembles a prohibited weapon" can be banned on a whim, and has been (see the Savage 110BA), which gives him the power to ban almost any gun at will. It's a hole. The gun laws are the reason my family packed up and left.

Nice shooting country though. Just a shame about the government.
>>
People can illegally own a stolen automatic m16rifle (bought from a soldier who uses to steal guns&ammo from the armory and sell them to pay child custody) , it would not get confiscated unless I use it to kill someone.
Who needs a gun when you could slash and stab people with a jungle bolo.
>>
File: 1389405927267.jpg (59 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1389405927267.jpg
59 KB, 620x349
>>51786039
>just a shame about the government
you have no idea...

Pic related sometimes seems like his (>>51784641) president.
>>
File: smacks lips.jpg (8 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
smacks lips.jpg
8 KB, 250x248
wouldn't mind being able to just buy a pistol from a local store

but my town is so safe and irrelevant that there is no risk of attack
>>
>>51783431
You cant buy full autos or pistols, but you can buy revolvers. Everything else that isnt explosive is fine such as shotguns and anti-materiel rifles
>>
most guns in here are aimed at hunting and "sporting".

I totally fine with it desu, the police carry guns and atleast I don't see them as oppressors. I would of course own maybe a handgun if we had USA tier laws, more if I had money. I wouldn't want it so every godamn fool could get one.
>>
>>51784685
Obama has actually passed far more pro-gun legislation. None of his anti-gun measures even get off the ground.
>>
>>51784286
>the Monash university shooting

This one especially baffles me.. If some random Asian teen was able to go on a spree with several self-loading pistols in Post-Port Arthur Australia, that means that Australia is still open to Cho-tier highscore attempts, which puts the Australian 'massacres have ended with the gun ban' meme in a completely different light..

>>51783431
Strictly regulated.. Can only own them for sport or hunting, must store them in anchored safe, ammo stored seperately. Law theorhetically permits carry in exceptional circumstances, if the Minister of Justice signs off on it, but to my knowledge that's never happened.
I think registration and background checks are reasonable.. I can live with the fact that you can't carry here, though I do believe people should be able to defend themselves with a legal firearm on their own property. In practise a judge will not convict you if you do, but you still run the risk of losing your license for improper storage.
No.
>>
Gun culture needs to change. Less gun worship, more people being responsible and treating a deadly weapon like a deadly weapon instead of a toy. Gun owners always seem so eager to use their weapon on other people, they cannot wait for someone to try to break into their house or rob them for instance, or in more extreme examples how they cannot wait until it's "legal to kill niggers" or "legal to put a bullet in a liberal's head." Nobody should WANT to kill another person. It should be a last resort only and it's not treated like that.

If we cannot pull our heads out of our asses and give weapons the respect they deserve we are not responsible enough to carry them and gun control should be far more restrictive. It doesn't have to be that way but right now that's the way it should be.
>>
I want WA2000.
Searching for one for fucking 3 years already.
>>
>>51787257
>I want WA2000.
>Searching for 3 years

Where are you searching? Wiki says only 176 were made in total, of which 11 are currently the property of Walther USA's director. I'm guessing the other 165 specimins are either in government arsenals, in musea or collections or destroyed...

What are the odds some even ended up in Azerbaijan?
>>
>>51787257
>>51787387

Apparantly some are being sold from time to time by private collectors...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/977093425/-VERY-RARE-Walther-WA-2000-308-Sniper-Rifle.htm

Here's one in .308, never fired.. Valued at €75,000.-, offered for $47,000.00. I think it's sold though.
>>
>hueland before gun laws
>lower violence

>hueland after gun laws
>shithole

Yep, i think we have enough proofs. Only brainwashed eurokeks don't like guns.
>>
>>51787387
>Where are you searching?
Everywhere, even in black market.
Once found one, but it turned out to be some other rifle converted to look like it.
>>51787479
>https://www.gunsamerica.com/977093425/-VERY-RARE-Walther-WA-2000-308-Sniper-Rifle.htm
THANKS!
>>
>>51787620
>THANKS!

If you have ridiculous amounts of money, you could also try asking Carl Walther USA inc... Apparantly they're willing to sell some of their new-in-box specimins if you're willing to drop €75.000,-
>>
>>51787822
Already contacted, they don't have any of 80's production. They would build one if you pay the price, but it isn't same.
>>
>>51783431

My state is pretty relaxed with it.

I live I one of the top ten highest gun ownership counties in the whole of the U.S.

Little gun crime, rarely do I see people being stupid with their fire arms.

Worst thing I ever saw was driving down a country road as I was going by a game land parking area a younger kid (probably about 16 or 17) was holding a 12 gage behind his back with the barrel towards the road. I stopped and asked him if it was loaded, he looked at me with a blank stair and then replied that it was and I told him that it is unsafe and fucking stupid that he is holding a loaded shot gun like that with the barrel pointing towards the road. His father then came out from around his truck and ripped him a new one even further.

Not unusual to see people with pistols either.
Doesn't scare me or anyone I know.

Chances are if someone freaks out when they see a fire arm they don't know ugh about them or how to use one safely.
>>
>>51788762
If I had driven past that I would have kept driving and called 911 regardless of how he was holding it.

Nobody open carries in my state, I don't even think it's legal. Bad intentions or not, let the cops sort it out.
>>
>>51787199
Tits or gtfo
>>
File: good guys with guns.jpg (261 KB, 770x770) Image search: [Google]
good guys with guns.jpg
261 KB, 770x770
>>51789168
>Am I being detained?
>>
>>51789622
Asking that question is the fastest way to either actually get detained or get shot.
>>
>>51789168

Game wardens would be the correct authority for this, and I'm not scared of hunters.

I had a 1911 in my car at the time.

It was like I was trying to stop a robbery or anything. The kid was being stupid with his shot gun, I set him straight. The cops would have showed up after they were in the woods or had left and even then what would they have solved. Nothing they would just go we had a report of someone pointing a gun at the road, but we weren't here so we can't confirm it.

I'm guessing that you don't hunt or deal with fire arms a lot.
>>
>>51783861
>actually being this deluded
America is too heavily armed for your gungrabbings-schemes to succeed.

>>51783431
Top 5 in Europe (up there with Estonia, the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Austria), but still shit compared to most US states.

Less strict, of course. An armed populace will not be as easily trampled over. Statistics do not prove any correlation between lax gun laws and crime/homicide - the correlation is either the opposite (in the US, for example) or non-existent, meaning that it all boils down to ideology.

No.
>>
>>51789168

They were also hunters at game land, it isn't really open carry. If you called 911 for hunters holding guns you would have a higher chance of getting in trouble for calling in stupid shit to 911
>>
>>51784267
>Also I live in Tasmania, the state with the strictest gun laws in the federation.
Isn't Tasmania the #1 aussie state by murder rate?
>>
>>51784928
>Americans buy more guns because they don't want to get shot
The most violent areas of America have strict gun control.
>mfw what are bulletproof vests
They don't stop you from getting shot, and they most certainly don't stop you from dying in a shooter scenario.
>>
>>51786894
>You cant buy full autos or pistols, but you can buy revolvers.
All handguns are banned in the UK.

>>51787029
>I totally fine with it desu, the police carry guns and atleast I don't see them as oppressors.
You're right, they're only the right-hand men of the oppressors who deny you the right to effective self defense.
>>
>>51787199
>If we cannot pull our heads out of our asses and give weapons the respect they deserve we are not responsible enough to carry them and gun control should be far more restrictive.
Shall not be infringed. Endowed upon by our creator. End of. Hang yourself, commie.

>It doesn't have to be that way but right now that's the way it should be.
Loyalists will be shot on sight. Hint: you're the descendant of one.
>>
>>51790991
*Endowed upon us by our creator.
Fucking typos, I swear.
>>
>>51787199

Speak for yourself. Don't lump people together because of some dumb asses.

A lot of people can't handle drinking, should we just ban booze? Oo wait, we tried that, failed horribly.
>>
>>51787199

So what about our cops then?

Their answer for a lot of things is to shot someone.

People have a right to protect themselves if someone is threatening their lives. If someone is going to break into your house it is beyond reasonable to expect the owner to defend themselves. Does that an they should unload 100 rounds into someone... no, but... oo wait, our cops do that
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.