[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help my undecisive ass, which language should I learn next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8
File: tolearnornottolearn.png (12 KB, 557x263) Image search: [Google]
tolearnornottolearn.png
12 KB, 557x263
Fully speak English, Spanish, and I am intermediate French.

However.... Lately some other languages have caught my eye. Here they are in order of my interest level (which changes frequently). I also mention the main reasons why i'd want to learn it.

Russian; siroks, women, the one map showing bigger tits in russia. Russian is spoken in other ex-soviet countries I'd like to visit (cuz purchasing power) There tends to be a lot of ruskies all over the world. I can read Cyrillic.

Japanese; loads of entertainment and learning resources, women, food, great place to visit, maybe even move there.

German; food, alcohol, women, would consider moving there were it not for the immigration and rape stats

Lesser interest, but still would like to learn it someday:

Norwegian, Swedish; along with Russia, having the biggest tits in the world (according to that one map) women, scenery, may even move there one day.

I really don't know what to do lads. Things would be much simpler if I didn't care about tit size or food.

>why not finish learning french?
It's too simple, I can already survive with no help in France, getting groceries, chit chatting and the like. I only need like a month or 2 to fully learn it.

Besides I absolutely want to learn a new language.

(part 1/2)
>>
>>61758951
we know you will pick jap
>>
You only need spanish esse
Dale
>>
File: 1466259978521.png (590 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1466259978521.png
590 KB, 900x600
>>61758951

(part 2/2)
The downsides of each language:

Russian; would not consider moving to Russia, the use of this language would be very limited, except for understanding the occasional russian movie.

Japanese; Yeah right, let me show everyone I know japanese. Everyone will immediately label me as a weird weaboo fuckboi. At most I could understand the endless japanese entertainment content (tv shows, movies)

German; limited use of the language, most movies tend to be edgy sex dramas. Real life practice, like the other languages would be really limited to the occasional movie.

Swedish and Norwegian; VERY low chance to use it, since every norwegian and swede seem to speak perfect english anyway. And not that many people who speak it. compared to russian ...(1/2)

French; Got word of my cousin that people were racist towards him while he was in france, he speaks pretty good french (studied in lyon) latino light-brown just like me.

Figured that wouldn't be a problem since france already has a lot of immigrants, but apparently it is.
I can't trust him completely because I saw most of his pictures and he always hung out with other latinos. (It could be the whole "hurr durr dey rayciss mane,stick together senpai" mentality that seems to be prevalent among most latinos)

Help me make my mind anons, which language should I learn?
>>
>>61759100
>latino light-brown
SeƱores...
>>
>you need a reason to learn a language
Thats retarded
>>
File: 1466227517453.jpg (70 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1466227517453.jpg
70 KB, 960x640
>>61758989

I would, were there only 1 set of moon runes and if japanese didn't require learning chinese moonrunes as well.

If only euro movies were not so fucking dramatic/romantic/edgy-sex-fests

Or maybe I just don't know where to find good euro movies.

>>61759150

regular brown if you prefer that, not full peruANO, just regular brown.

>>61759334
I want to know which one I can make more use of.
Can't make my mind up, wanted to ask random people on /int/
What do you suggest, paulo?
>>
>>61758951
Hey, you screencapped my post!

All three are difficult ethnic languages. For women, I'd choose Russian because:

1) Most beautiful and most charming women of all three,.
2) Knowing Russian will open you a lot of doors (read: vaginas) that English just can't open. You're delving into a mysterious untapped continent of Slav QTs.

For food or tourism, you don't really need to know the language in-depth.

And remember: making a lot of (language) mistakes makes you more attractive than mastering the language perfectly.
>>
>>61758951
> not learning Belgian
>>
>>61759633
CHI
>>
File: mad pepe.jpg (3 KB, 146x146) Image search: [Google]
mad pepe.jpg
3 KB, 146x146
>>61759709
>be me
>go to supermarket
>products are labelled in French and Dutch
>not in superior Belgian

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61759950
kek, disgusting
>>
russian for sure
>>
File: waffles.png (379 KB, 715x627) Image search: [Google]
waffles.png
379 KB, 715x627
>>61759668

If it was your post, thanks a lot for making it. It really helped me in organizing my thoughts.

Screencapping this other one because based advice.

Never really thought about the language mistakes, maybe half assing all the languages will be the best course of action. hahaha

>>61760151
2 votes for Russian. I'm starting to like this.

>>61760107
most Belgian qts tend to be massive koreaboos m8. I don't quite like that.

welp, guess 1 vote for belgium, waffles on captcha (pic related)
>>
You were probably set on Russian to begin with, but I'll cast a vote in its favor anyway.
>>
File: 5285_THUMB_IPAD.jpg (159 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
5285_THUMB_IPAD.jpg
159 KB, 1024x640
>>61758951
The map of tits is a good starting point for deciding on a language to learn. I've always imagined it to be bullshit, though. There don't seem to be a massive amount of big-titted women here. The girl in the pic you linked certainly doesn't have big tits. I don't really care about boob-size, so it's not something I pay attention to when I travel. But I've never been to a place where I was amazed that the women had small breasts.

>>61759633
>Or maybe I just don't know where to find good euro movies.
There aren't that many good ones, unfortunately. The UK makes good ones, but they're all in English. There are occasionally some good Danish ones, too. But otherwise it's mostly not so good.

Usually, I'd say Russian. But because everyone else is in favour of that already, I'll cast my vote for Japanese:
1. Lots of great entertainment is available in Japanese.
2. Japanese people suck at English. I've been to Japan twice, and I'm sure I would have gotten a lot more out of those trips if I spoke Japanese.
3. It would make the process of importing a Japanese car a lot easier.
>>
File: 1466098674940.jpg (105 KB, 712x720) Image search: [Google]
1466098674940.jpg
105 KB, 712x720
>>61762114

I am leaning more towards German because I can use it in Switzerland and austria then Japanese/Russian/Norwegian/Swedish

>>61762616
Posts like these are the reason I want to learn norwegian. Most of you based mofos have been the nicest and most helpful posters on /int/(except the odd 2 that called me a fat burger defending a chink who told me to go get shot in a school shooting)
not to mention your women are fucking gorgeous (pic related) Also this post

>>61757035

The whole taco and pizza in Norway I also find pretty funny.

I find you guys have a more patriotic view on Norway than Germany has to itself. With merkel and the whole nazi guilt.

I'd rather be told to get the fuck out of someone's country than be told "S-sorry for what w-we did, come and rape our women"
>>
File: image.png (144 KB, 378x402) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144 KB, 378x402
>>61759100
Don't bother with learning French. They'll just tell you your accent is terrible, and then say that they can speak English. They then start a conversation in a terribly froggy accent, which obscures their meaning.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.