[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this even allowed? >coke, a processed substance with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160611_5666.jpg (80 KB, 760x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_5666.jpg
80 KB, 760x1024
Why is this even allowed?

>coke, a processed substance with sugar (sorry americans) and a bunch of other ingredients. $2

>water, straight out of the fucking tap somewhere that has been filtered or gone through a reverse osmosis process. $3

>go to a fast food outlet and decide to change the coke in your combo meal to water "oh that's an extra 50c thanks"

Why does this not happen in third world countries where you can't even drink water out of the tap? For example a bottle of water at a convenience store in Indonesia costs 20 cents. It's chilled, straight out of the fridge and tastes fine.

Why do rich countries put up with this shit?
>>
>>60638317
The water in your pic is cheaper than coke.
>water 200ml per 1$
>coke 187,5ml per 1$

Water is expensive since people are willing to pay that much for it.
>>
>>60638317
i don't know but it really is bull shit. it's also why you end up with people that pretty much only drink pop/soda and end up with all kinds of health issues.

we are fucking bombarded with shit telling us to eat better and warning about how the population is overweight but eating healthy is fucking expensive. i can go to McDonalds and buy 5 double burgers for $5 which is the same fucking price as their salad and also cheaper then i can make any healthy meal at home. fastfood is also double taxed here and STILL cheaper, makes no fucking sense.

our provincial government wants to jack up taxes to ridiculous levels on any unhealthy food to make it cost more but of course the healthy shit will still be expensive and someone that already can't afford it will just be fucked that much more
>>
>>60638317
>Why is this even allowed?
Supply and demand. Blame the consumer for being stupid. The same goes for pink razors being more expensive.
>>
>>60639294
>eating healthy is fucking expensive
not really. instead of eating at mcdicks you can easily afford something better/healthier for the same price.
>>
>>60639158

9 liters of bottled water cost 1.50 euro here.
>>
>>60639384
not really, let's say i want to make a Caesar salad using current Walmart prices. 1lb Romaine Lettuce Hearts $4, 100g Hormel Real Bacon Bits $5, 475ml Kraft Creamy Caesar Dressing $2. $11 total for a single salad which could be a single meal for one person or simply a side for a family. or for the same price i could go to McDonalds and buy 11 fucking burgers which would easily feed me for 2 days
>>
>>60638317
it's fucked, a bottle of Evian water cost me 20 cents in China. Here, $3.50. We're being robbed!
>>
it is what you are willing to pay for it
so they do this research from the vending machinese and they calculate people per day and they raise the price accordingly to their estimation and some price of living and it raises every year

i remember a canned soda was 1$, then 1.50 and so on while the wages stagnated

though there should be no surprises
>>
>>60638317
Why don't you just drink water from the tap?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.