[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me what you know about the 'Stan countries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 495x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 495x297
Tell me what you know about the 'Stan countries
>>
It is alleged that Timur's tomb was inscribed with the words, "When I rise from the dead, the world shall tremble." It is also said that when Gerasimov exhumed the body, an additional inscription inside the casket was found, which read, "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." In any case, three days after Gerasimov began the exhumation, Adolf Hitler launched Operation Barbarossa, the largest military invasion of all time, upon the Soviet Union. Timur was re-buried with full Islamic ritual in November 1942 just before the Soviet victory at the Battle of Stalingrad.
>>
File: Timur.png (136 KB, 1319x540) Image search: [Google]
Timur.png
136 KB, 1319x540
>>60599758
>>
Post soviet dictatorships
>>
>>60599693
I know that I want to build the wall.
>>
Armenia in armenian tongue is Hayastan.
>>
>>60599839
He was a monster like Genghis Kahn.
>>
I know there's quite a few stans that aren't actual countries, eg. a Muslim region in western China, Dagestan and Kurdistan.
>inb4 anyone saying Borat
>>
>>60602203
-stan is just an affix that means "land of X", in Persian England is "Inglestan" for example, In Turkish Croatia is "Hirvatistan".
>>
>>60599936
This
>>
Snakes and Uzbeks are the only animals that eat raw eggs
>>
>>60599693

They're all shit
>>
>>60599979
>Killed milions of chinks
>monster
>>
they have good boxers.
>>
>>60602423
in this case you are with us brother

Genghis killed millions of koreans too

selling yourself to westerns' opinion is bad for your soul
>>
mongols that should be nuked
>>
>>60599936
after dombas
we want to build it too
>>
a chance to use the term 'transoxiania' and look smart
>>
>>60599839
One of the reasons of why the Middle-East is a shithole after millennia of being the cradle of civilization is due to the Mongol invasions.
>>
>>60602783
Not a significant reason imo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.