[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
culture shock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: going to war without a tophat eh.jpg (921 KB, 2594x1664) Image search: [Google]
going to war without a tophat eh.jpg
921 KB, 2594x1664
People from Western Europe who have been to the Middle East, did you experience any culture shocks?

People from the Middle East have you ever experienced any culture shocks when visiting the Western world?
>>
>>60365771
bump
>>
File: 1318551505943.jpg (23 KB, 495x371) Image search: [Google]
1318551505943.jpg
23 KB, 495x371
I heard of an Arab who was relentless when trying to 'buy' a western wife from a western guy for the price of a couple of camels. He only gave up when the husband pointed out that there is some trouble in getting a camel onto a plane.
>>
>>60365771
>People from Western Europe who have been to the Middle East, did you experience any culture shocks?

Yes.I'm Irish so ignore flag.

I couldn't believe how Globalised it all is. I thought Europe was bad but the middle east is drowning in plastic globalised culture. I heard literally the same songs on the radio as in California, everyone was eating halal burgers in mcdonalds and everyone was so obsessed with cars and clothes and money. I eventually had to start hanging out in the poor areas because they had more culture than the vapid middle class fucks.
>>
>>60366256
That can't be serious right?

>>60366389
Which country did you visit?
>>
>>60365771
I have been to Greece and it wasn't different at all , everything was the same except ordinary food we eat here has weird names there
>>
>>60366520
Very funny but does Asia Minor register as Middle East?
>>
>>60367008
Sure does .
Middle East is in Asia and so is Asia Minor
>>
I went to egypt this and some guy stopped me because his son wanted a picture of himself with a white person, that was weird

buying beer from the shady back rooms of shops was a bit strange too

but none of it was any more than expected
>>
>>60366489
My father is a surgeon and once he had an african patient and he asked how do we deal with crocodiles living in the rivers.
>That can't be serious right?
A muslim tried to buy my mom in egypt for 2 camels, my dad laughed his ass off.
>>
>>60367330
Camels or dromedaries?

I assume the one with two humps is pricier.
>>
>>60366489

see
>>60366256
>>60367330
>>
>>60367375
Camels
>>
The whole buying wives for camels is a meme in arab cunts you retards. They do it for fun and then talk about funniest reactions with m8s. Some trader toldme so in Egypt when I went there with grandma as a kid and he offered some camels for grandma
>>
>>60365771
Well I am French so in fact when I visited Arab countries, and they tried to sell me 2$ shit for unreasonable prices
and they asked for bakchich and money all the time
and they yelled wallah wallah bullshit
and everywhere was dirty and poor and everyone looked unstrustworthy

Well i wasn't culture shocked at all
It was more like "haha this shit again lol"

When I went to Canada tho I was actually shocked
like people don't lock the doors or anything
and they wait at the traffic lights
people in the streets dress in something else than gray/brown/black/white
and they're over friendly and smiling

and there are all these meme people walking the streets like short/coloured hair women, fat nerds, asian women dressed really like whores, actual people wearing fedoras and giving "free hugs" haha what i thought this only existed on the internet ?

this made me think "who the fuck are these people?" much more than arab countries
which says a lot about france tb h
>>
>>60368209
Did you make any photos of the people in Canada?
>>
>>60368320
No that would be rude
>>
>>60368369
You didn't do stuff with them like going out for drinks or seal clubbing or whatever it is they do for fun?
>>
>>60368486
It was in Québec i hung out with the French speaking people, who are perfectly normal
We went in the countryside fishing and shit it was great

No it's the English-speaking people who are really weird
>>
>>60368209
Canadians are walking memes.
I only thought it was a meme that Canadians says sorry a lot, but when i met some Canadians they said sorry so many times to me!!! I was shocked!!!
>>
When I went to Turkey I was chocked when I heard they played allah music 5 times each day. First time i heard it was early in the morning and i got so scared. I thought there was gonna happen a terror attack. But then i heard it again. and again. And i got used to it. It was kind of weird...
>>
File: 1462149856619.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462149856619.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>60368834
lol
>>
>>60368834
>>60368834
What, like nasheeds?
>>
>>60370323
I don't know.... It's when they beg... 5 times a day and they play this loud allah music in the whole city ...
>>
>>60370323
they're called ezzans, they're calls to prayer, happens 5 times a day, woke me up several times during my school trip there.
>>
I went to turkey in the middle of nowhere and people where friendly, offered me tea a lot though
>>
>>60370372

Yeah, they play that thing sounds like a fucking goat getting strangled. It's neat the first time. Annoying the 4th or 5th time. Then after that you stop caring.
>>
>>60370438
were
>>
>>60370323
turkish ezan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfKztOOUpCU

arabic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5gO48mnTdg
>>
>>60370403
>woke me up several times
lmao reminded me of this
https://youtu.be/pie6L9lw_GE
classic movies btw, better than james bond
>>
>>60370963
this one made me laugh too

https://youtu.be/xGKowUNYrKA

>tfw it's 4am i still can't sleep and im still watching dumb shit on youtube
>>
>>60371898
honestly maybe its shit if you don't know french
if you do it's amazing though

https://youtu.be/zTKn_7Yh6Hw
>hunting a nazi with jews, what a funny idea
>why is that?
>well obviously he's gonna recognize them
>how?
>well i don't know the nose for starters
>the ears, the fingers, the eyes ...
>...
>wait i didn't say anything, uh ...
>are you oss 117, the best french agent ?
>yes
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.