[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning on visiting USA in the near future. Tell me Americans,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dinner.jpg (129 KB, 637x479) Image search: [Google]
dinner.jpg
129 KB, 637x479
Planning on visiting USA in the near future.
Tell me Americans, which are the most 'American' places in your country? I thought of visiting a big city, and then stroll in some small towns in the vicinity.
I want to eat an original big old fashioned burger accompanied with a cold Vanilla Coke in a place similar to pic related, then watch a baseball game. If you wonder why, I just want a taste of freedom.
I was thinking of New York, and then some towns in New Jersey or some nearby state.
How's transportation in that area?
Not interested in the west coast but feel free to recommend places there.
>>
New York City is one of the least 'American' places. I'm not saying its bad, but it's like its own separate universe. It's like going to Paris or London and expecting them to represent their countries, they only represent themselves.
And I've never heard a single good thing about New Jersey. As far as the rest of the country is concerned it only exists as the butt of jokes and a setting for mobster movies/tv shows.

Honestly I can't even think of a place that would be "the most" American because the country is fucking huge and there is no one place that represents the totality.

But I guess if you only have time to visit one large city, New York would be the obvious choice...
IMO, I think Chicago might be a bit more 'American', and the small towns that surround it are probably a little nicer than the shit youll find on the east coast.

Not sure I'd want to visit either of them.

If you want to "stroll" around a town, the (north)west coast would be a lot safer.
>>
>>60292667
Thanks bro, I was thinking about Chicago too.

>If you want to "stroll" around a town, the (north)west coast would be a lot safer.
What do you mean?
>>
>>60292134
Go to Texas
>>
>>60292134
If you like beaches/boardwalks New Jersey is a great place.
As for old 50s style diners, they are a decent amount everywhere, but it would be better to research beforehand. There was one on the Wildwood boardwalk in Jersey, but the burgers weren't very good
>>
NJ's boardwalks are pretty good. We also have tons of old fashioned diners that look like pic related. We also have nice beaches and it is getting pretty hot nowadays. However the most American place I can think of is Texas. I think you should try vacationing there.
>>
>>60292134
>which is the most 'American' places in your country?
McDonalds.
>>
>>60292134
NYC is great and everything but as the other anon said, it's its own thing; Its transportation is the best in the country though. Chicago is baseball and hot dog city, but there's nothing else in the area really, Illinois is Chicago and corn fields. As for nearby states Minnesota has really nice nature, and Michigan has nice beaches and sand dunes.

>>60293100
Southwest chicago is a fucking warzone right now is what he means. People basically shooting for sport at this point.
>>
>>60293812
What's the best way to go from NYC to Chicago for example? Is train fast/cheap?
>>
>>60293318
>If you like beaches/boardwalks New Jersey is a great place.
I was thinking about something like that after watching The Sopranos.
>>
>>60294088
I haven't taken a train since I was a child so I couldn't tell you the price, but it would probably take a full 24 hours or so to get to Chicago.
>>
>>60291104
Despite living in and hating New Jersey, some places here are 50s America tier comfy.
For burgers, the best place I've ever been to is White Manna in Hackensack
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.