[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Education in Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Caerleon-Lawn-21.jpg (3 MB, 4500x2994) Image search: [Google]
Caerleon-Lawn-21.jpg
3 MB, 4500x2994
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes-

I am a Yuropoor immigrant to Canada, finished high school here and looking to go to university for engineering.

How are the universities in Canada? Any recommendations?

The main thing is I don't want no social justice bullshit, and preferably not something expensive.
>>
File: 1463872712683.jpg (6 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1463872712683.jpg
6 KB, 243x207
Every university has SJW bullshit. The key is to stay away from the programs/classes that would most likely contain that stuff. That's a lot of liberal arts courses.

I personally went to Ryerson for Psychology. As far as I remember not a single psychology course i took had any SJW bullshit, the only times I ever saw that being taught were in sociology classes and one english class I took. Outside of that I took a ton of psych. history and english classes, and didn't run into any of that. It can be avoided if you don't want it, especially in a program like engineering where the base course is scientific.

I can't speak for other universities, but I would recommend Ryerson. it's sort of well known for it's engineering program and maybe slightly cheaper than the more top tier universitys, but is still a great school in a great location.

You'll just have to do your research, engineering is offered everywhere.

But unless you have citizenship or landed immigrant status I think you will get screwed financially because you will be considered an "international student" which costs roughly an extra 10,000 per year iirc (at ryerson at least).
>>
>>59894499
Oh that sounds good, thank you.

I am a permanent resident actually, so I'm paying same as citizens.
>>
>>59894182
I know the university in Regina is for University of Alberta dropouts so maybe don't go there
>>
>>59894685
>I am a permanent resident actually, so I'm paying same as citizens.
Well that's good then.

As far as the SJW stuff is concerned, if you don't want any part of it, ignore. Despite the SJW meme universities do tend to be a place of free thought and ideas. You will find like minded people, or at the very least Like I said I went to Ryerson, which is right in the downtown core of Toronto. I saw all kinds of crazy causes being pushed, both left wing and right wing. The thing they emphasized most (in my program at least) was critical thinking and free thought, seeing all perspectives and than making your choice and forming your belief systems or whatever. Essentially your education is what you make of it, you don't have to be brainwashed by anything you don't believe in, you just have to be respectful towards others when discussing ideas.
>>
>>59894685
Also where in the country are you, it will cost you more to go out of province.

You should also look into college engineering programs. I know people enrolled in engineering programs where they spend 2 years in college, and then move on to university.
>>
is it hard to immigrate to canada? or atleast go to college there, i was thinking of doing 1 year in serbia then go to a college in canada
>>
>>59895329
I have no idea about that, sorry.
>>
>>59895329
No, do your education all or nothing. Switching province's for schools and getting equivalent courses is shitty enough I couldn't imagine out of country
>>
>>59894753
I was thinking more Ontario or the Maritims anyway
>>59895213
alright hat sounds good, I guess I read too much fear mongering news
>>59895318
I'm in PEI currently, I never heard of that college thing so I might check it out.
thing is I already have some courses (mostly sciences and some math) from UPEI, and preferably would like to transfer them if I could.

>>59895329
OP here, I immigrated through my dad's work visa, so I'm not sure how it would be for students or people on a study permit.
>>
you're going to be forced to take some shit class filled with sjw bullshit evil white people, diversity is our strength type stuff. I don't know anybody who wasn't.
>>
>>59894753
>I know the university in Regina is for University of Alberta dropouts
How do you know this?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.