[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is being classically trained if you want to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1453950350847.jpg (221 KB, 827x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453950350847.jpg
221 KB, 827x1024
How important is being classically trained if you want to be a digital artist professionally? I want to know how far I should take it because my options here in Ontario for classical training are quite good.
>>
>>2419437

the more the better trbh
>>
The handful of classically/atelier trained digital artists I'm aware of have been quite good (Daarken is the first one that comes to mind). I think there's something to it and I'm following suit and have just begun attending an Atelier myself.
>>
>>2419437
Being able to draw and paint well in hand would give you tools that set you apart from the average digital artist from what I see but there are other factors like creativity, connections and being good at selling yourself when it comes to landing a job in that profession.

It really depends on what your ambitions are. Since you are asking here perhaps you need to do some reflections on what you are actually burning for as you can't make it far in that industry without the passion. Being in school is no excuse for not already being ahead of the class and working in your spare time on the very things you are studying for and checking visiting the industry and that would let you know already now what skills you need.
>>
Ontarian here, what are these options you speak of?
>>
>>2419484

Here's just one option

http://academyofrealistart.com/arawp/
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.