[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Krita brush help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Any Krita users here? I can't seem to get the hang of making my own brushes, I've been fiddling with it for like 2 hours now but it's really weird. I'm trying to make a brush like the guy uses in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3OxonJcXQ
>>
desperation bump.

I got close but it's still not there, not sure what i'm doing wrong but I can't gt it to smudge nicely. It looks really jittery due to the brush being square, hard and rotating with the direction of drawing. Idk if that's even fixable
>>
here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?390835-Krita-3-Alpha-is-up&p=3040265&viewfull=1#post3040265

anyway some settings were flipped in 2.9 apparently and you may have to reverse the curves a bit. I didn't make this but I hope this helps

best of luck
>>
>>2560208
go into brush settings and look around there. I know for sure there is an option for the bruhs rotation based of the direction of drawing. Also I notice if you make a point with some brushes it spins on spot, I don't know if there is an option for this one but look around, might be.
>>
>>2560089
no idea, but I'm impressed with the amount of brush settings in krita. shit's even more complex than corel painter. ps in comparison is really lame, and is broken beside.
>>
File: 1463828553365.jpg (40 KB, 346x419) Image search: [Google]
1463828553365.jpg
40 KB, 346x419
>https://userbase.kde.org/Krita
skim this page then check out the tutorial series at the bottom, it will help you understand how krita does brushes, and give you a better idea on how you can make krita's brush engines work for you

aside: managing and developing new brushes in krita's brush editor is actually a massive PITA. i hope the UI gets scrapped completely and re-designed from scratch. I'd submit a comprehensive redesign myself if I have to
>>
>>2560520
As someone who chats with the developers on a regular basis, I can tell you right now that if you have an idea for how it can be improved you really should submit a proposal. The guys implementing all these features are programmers not artists, the only way they will know what what an artist wants is if someone comes forward and explains it in-depth.

Put together a document and some diagrams, post them to the forum and the developers will definitely take a look at it. In general I've found the developers to be really receptive as long as you are willing to help, they can only afford a single full-time developer so they're constantly short on funds, time and manpower.
>>
>>2560586
>Put together a document and some diagrams, post them to the forum and the developers will definitely take a look at it.
You know what I think I'll do that, perhaps over the summer
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.