[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a tumblr replacement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: temblr.png (552 KB, 1280x820) Image search: [Google]
temblr.png
552 KB, 1280x820
Is there a good website where I can post my art that's NOT TUMBLR? It seems every artist nowadays uses Tumblr or Twitter and I'm sick of those places.
>>
>>2548807
Twitter, Deviantart, Instagram
>>
File: 1461106297638.jpg (77 KB, 674x670) Image search: [Google]
1461106297638.jpg
77 KB, 674x670
>>2548809
>Twitter
Obnoxious users like tumblr.

>Deviantart
Is it still cringe worthy and juvenile like it was years ago ?

>Instagram
... might give it a try but it seems more like a place to post your photos and pretty them up with filters.
>>
BeHance.
>>
>>2548818
This.
There are a lot of cool, professional artists on behance. It's very inspiring
>>
>>2548812
Your extremely vague and general impression of those sites shows that you haven't done your research very well, but yes, instagram is a very good alternative to tumblr and great for networking. One of my friends got in touch with Cory Loftis through there. Facebook pages are also very popular, so long as you're a normie.
>>
>>2548807
artstation obviously
>>
how's pixiv and artstation?
>>
>>2548807
NeoCities famiglia, or txti.es if you really want to be hip
>>
>>2548807
Definitely instagram, go ahead and put a adfly link in your comments for some shekels too
>>
>>2548807
Depends how normalfag you're prepared to go.
>>
>>2548807
If you could afford it, I would suggest maybe getting your own website.
>>
>>2548812

Oh I see, you want the perfect website that we've all been keeping a secret from you personally. Everyone uses it, they're all very nice and it's really great, but nobody told you.

Sorry bro, you need the password.
>>
>>2548985
Pixiv is decent.
Most of the users are japanese, for obvious reasons, so you won't be getting much feedback unless you can speak nip.
>>
>>2549277
i though of this, how expensive would it be? am littrally just uploading scanned jpegs

also is it easy to learn to do so? just a basic layout
>>
>>2549322
I pay about $120.00 a year for my website (depending on the exchange rate) and just have a basic wordpress template set up.
>>
File: Trashoz_Max_box.jpg (112 KB, 1036x673) Image search: [Google]
Trashoz_Max_box.jpg
112 KB, 1036x673
>>2548807
>can post my art that's NOT TUMBLR?
>>2548812
>Twitter
>Obnoxious users like tumblr.
>>2548812
>Deviantart
>Is it still cringe worthy and juvenile like it was years ago ?
>>2548812
>Instagram
>... might give it a try but it seems more like a place to post your photos and pretty them up with filters.
Fucking christ.
Just admit that you are a shitty artist and the fact you didn't have any following even on tumblr pisses you off.

How can anybody be this pre-fucking-tenchious.
Every artist knows that places dont matter. You just post art and walk away.
But you focusing on place rather than on art shows that you just some wannabe. Probably just finished school/early student years and want to be an artist but have no idea how to draw.
>>
>>2549342
doesnt it get more expensive depending on traffic?
what are the rates?
>>
The website doesn't matter as much as drawing and just posting it somewhere. If you're good and hardworking, people will come to you.
>>
>>2549322
Get Squarespace
>>
Instagram is the only place I look at artwork regularly anymore. Facebook would be second I guess but I don't log in very often anymore because it's overrun with people being retarded.
>>
File: Hirohiko_Araki.jpg (46 KB, 225x301) Image search: [Google]
Hirohiko_Araki.jpg
46 KB, 225x301
>It's a "OP thinks he is too good for most of the internet" episode
>>
in terms of artist's copy rights, which social network is most decent?
>>
>>2549362

It's spelt pretentious, mon cheri.
>>
>>2548812
instagram is honestly the best website for artists because it's what kids use. they all have smartphones nowadays so it's the easiest place to gain followers
>>
>>2549832
This is not a something worth being concerned over. Your copyrights are not surrendered when posting to any major social media site.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.