[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of drawing if you don't recieve any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x348
What's the point of drawing if you don't recieve any appreciation/compensation for it?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>2509851
Some people enjoy the act of creating something, or working on developing a skill. Not everyone is motivated entirely by outside praise.
>>
>>2509851
Why have humans since prehistory felt the need to express creativity?

Big question. Maybe 4chan isn't the place.
>>
The first and foremost reason you should be an artist is because you enjoy creating art.
>>
>>2509851
if you don't get any appreciation / compensation for it? it feels good to get better at something and develop a skill

also it's a better job than laying brick or processing tax forms
>>
The way I see it, I get to create beautiful pictures and express myself more thoroughly than words could ever allow me
Everyone has imagined things or had dreams they thought are unique but have no way of expressing it as vividly as they would like to
Painting allows you to get as close to what you imagine, especially if you have the technical skill for it
You shouldn't think of it as a way to make your livelihood but if it does happen then all the more power to you
>>
>drawing for the money

Been seeing a lot of these retards lately.
>>
>>2509851
there are people on /ic/ RIGHT now who don't actually enjoy drawing and think they're going to make a living from art. Sad!
>>
>>2509895
>muh expression

top kek, cash money is the 2nd best incentive there is for getting as good as you can at your craft. the 1st best incentive is autism.
>>
>>2509899
>won't make it
>>
I am interested in developing a skill. I am trying to be good at something and want to create. Even make something my parents could be proud of.
>>
File: fuck.png (122 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
122 KB, 1600x1200
>>2509897
>>2509895
Actually, I enjoy drawing. Lately I've just been constantly pushing myself to improve with the incentive of not being homeless in my twenties.
>>
Personally it makes me feel emotions that i don't normally get to feel, while i put down a line the way it can look can easily make me feel very different, it can also make you appreciate life much more.
>>
1. There's a lot of things you do daily for yourself, right? Ways you dress and games you play because YOU enjoy it.
2. More practice and more drawing just means you keep getting better and practice your uh.. draw... muscles or whatever.
3. There are ways to get recognition.
>>
op must be a woman
>>
File: koala.png (1 MB, 1408x532) Image search: [Google]
koala.png
1 MB, 1408x532
>>2509851
>>
>>2509989
not smug enough
>>
>>2510000
he looked like he was tripping in my eyes so I emphasized that more
>>
>>2509899
Cash is always a great motivator, but there are other professions that make you a lot more money, a lot easier, a lot faster.

Art is hard work, and needs constant and consistent upkeep to keep your skills up to par, and even then chances are you'll be making <60k
You don't choose art for the money, you choose it because you enjoy it. Cash is nice, but if that's your end goal, you're in the wrong profession.
>>
>>2510160
examples

i need a fallback.
>>
>>2510177
you'd still have to work for it.
>basically everything in STEM and computer related fields
>medical technicians (anesthesiology, x-ray, MRI, etc..)
>garbage men
>>
>>2509851
SO I CAN BECOME A FUCKING GOD

LEAVE HOO MANITY BEHIND
>>
>>2509851
To get better
>>
>because i like drawing
>because i like drawing so much i want to be good enough to get appreciation/compensation for it in the future
>>
>>2509851
It opens doors. Money is just one sort of influence.
>>
Ars gratia artis, anon.
>>
Skillful hobby. You want to get good to feel good.

Like learning an instrument or skateboard tricks.
>>
>>2515436
>>2509915
These
and also, when I'm drawing, I feel like it's meditative, it's calming
>>
>>2509989
failed to capture the likeness. apply yourself.
>>
>>2515527
>>2510041
>>
File: image.jpg (909 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
909 KB, 1300x1733
Cause it's fun, what else do you want to hear?
>>
File: panda.png (895 KB, 1519x549) Image search: [Google]
panda.png
895 KB, 1519x549
>>2515534
here
>>
>>2509851
Drawing can be an outlet for emotions, a journal, something to excell at to increasing selfesteem,

Drawing can help frame ideas and concept in early stages of something thats not drawing related, for example prototype, a movie, a house etc.

If you ask an adept artist or an enthusiast of the arts you can get into more nerdy stuff like creating a framework and an approach to painting or drawing that you put to test every time you do a piece; its enjoyable to learn, implement and improve ideas and techniques from what you intend to create to otherpeoples feedback. Furthermore, from this, according to my experience, one can derive joy after concentrated effort combined with knowledge to create a window to an alternate reality which one is increasingly getting more control over how it should be percieved.
>>
>>2509865
>enjoy creating art
Tell that to person who cant draw good square
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.