[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am in need of an artist who would be willing to work on a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: sketch_medieval_girl.png (253 KB, 553x750) Image search: [Google]
sketch_medieval_girl.png
253 KB, 553x750
I am in need of an artist who would be willing to work on a good amount of paid commissions. The picture in this post is the style I'm looking for, but I would like it to be a little more polished.

Each character would have to start naked, with each listed part on a separate layer.

Naked
Whole outfit (top & bottom)
Undershirt
Underpants

The characters would need to be 720px tall and facing to the right a little.

I will need both males and females drawn, among some other things, so you'd have to be okay drawing whatever.
>>
>>2504508
What's your budget?
>>
>>2504519

It really depends on the quality of artwork, but 200-400 USD is a start for around 12-20 characters.

I'll need more eventually, as well as scenery and all that but I'd like to start with just characters.
>>
>>2504530
lol
Not gonna get that from anyone except absolutely terrible and inexperienced artists. You're better off without them.

If you want a semi realistic polished character you should be paying at least 200 per character, maybe 100 for the very desperate artists from third world countries.
>>
>>2504530
So you're paying 20$ for a polished character? Are you joking?
>>
>>2504534
I don't want super polished and I know artists that charge $30-50 per 'decent' characters.

The picture I posted, is not worth even $100 at full body.

I can sketch a character like this in less than an hour, no problem.
>>
This will never happen
>>
>>2504541
if you know those artists, why are you even posting here? I'm sure they're great at what they do!

The pic you posted would indeed probably be around 50$, but it's shit and you want something more "polished"
>>
>>2504545
The problem is that people aren't always willing to work on long lists of artwork.

That picture is worth around $20-30. I'd pay even $50 per character if they were just barely above that quality, in terms of the jagged lines.
>>
>>2504508
Why the fuck are you asking /ic/? You're better off going to the artist alley thread in /cgl/ or asking an artist directing on Tumblr.
>>
>>2504554
Artists go here. :)
>>
>>2504560
Bitter people that don't understand marketing go here.
>>
>>2504508
I'd do it but my country doesn't have paypal, I only have western union and I don't have a portfolio
>>
>>2504563
Can I see anything you've drawn? I'd like to know what type of payment method you'd be willing to use. If you could email me at the OP address it would be faster or easier to talk.

Don't be afraid to suggest prices for your art, the budget I listed is just an estimate for rough art.
>>
>>2504564
Oh, and sorry I saw western union but I mean if there's any other options. I could use that as well.
>>
File: what ic taught me to do.jpg (111 KB, 458x768) Image search: [Google]
what ic taught me to do.jpg
111 KB, 458x768
>>2504569
done in 5 minutes now, sorry but western union is my only option though I wish you luck anon.
>>
>>2504584
I can do Western Union but I'd like to see some other art you've done.

It's a great start for 5 minutes, so I would love to talk further
>>
>>2504530
>about $20-30 p/character

Even though I draw a bit faster it still takes me a considerable amount of time to draw, especially that many characters. This is not even factoring revisions and changes. Not even factoring if you want it in color, because that takes even more time.

Like if it takes me about 3-4 hours to complete one then I will have worked for $5-6 p/hour? At that rate I can just do my own work for free and get much more satisfaction out of it, y'know? I can work a part time job and actually get more money out of it.

>>2504541
>The picture I posted, is not worth even $100 at full body.

At those prices you deserve someone less skilled than the pic you posted.
>>
>>2504633
he'll be hiring the third world beginner, just like I said. I'm sure his project is going to be wonderful and successful.
>>
>>2504530
Wait, you want 12-20 complete sets of naked/outfit/undershirt/underpants for up to $20 a piece?
lelelelel That's a half-assed sketch rate, and I'm literally a third-worlder
>>
>>2504508
Sent you an email OP.
>>
>>2504530
>>2504508
Anon, you're fucking retarded.

For MtG or Applibot I get paid about $1500 an illustration that has normally a single character in it.

what you're asking for is easily in the $10,000-$20,000 range for a professional artist. For an amateur you're talking about $3000-$5000.

Good luck.
>>
>>2504772
>For MtG or Applibot I get paid
No you don't.
>>
>>2504508
you better go to a serious site, like upwork.com

i'd probably take a work like yours: i usually do polished pieces for USD$35.00. my level is not that good, and i live in the 3rd word, so you'll find tons like me out there, but not on /ic/

i'm under the impression that /ic/ is full of people with lots of self esteem, and no skills to match.
>>
>>2505352
educate yourself you little shit
there are standardized rates that everyone uses except absolute beginners with no knowledge of the industry whatsoever and third world people who can pay their monthly rent with one 100$ commission.

In developed countries the normal rent is about 1000$, even 2000$ in some places, so anything under 100$ is almost the same as nothing to us, it's just not worth working for.

If you'd done any research you'd known why the rates are what are.
>>
>>2505352
Also holy fucking shit for suggesting upwork, you really are completely clueless.
>>
kebah you cant just post requests on /ic/ thats not how it works
>>
>>2505482
>In developed countries blah blah
not my problem.

also, upwork is perfect for cheap outsourcing. you don't use behance for this kind of shit, retard
>>
>>2505498

lol. enjoy your mud house fag.
>>
>>2505498
If you charged normal rates, you'd be earning the same with 10 times less work, you utter retard.
I live in a 3rd world country too, you're just retarded.
>>
Why won't some of you imbeciles take the offer? It's not like you have anything better to do today and I'm sure you chug out more than 20 characters a day without any effort.
>>
>>2505716
I sent him an email, I'm interested. As it stands now the offer is a bit lower than is really feasible for me though. If it were $20-30 for black and white sketches of each character I'd be 100% for that. But op needs full color on 3 different versions of each character so 20 characters becomes practically 60. The work itself doesn't sound too difficult but the amount of time spent on it will add up. Personally I could see it taking up enough time to cause me to turn down other work so I'd really have to make sure it pays out as well as those other gigs would.
>>
>>2505352
> /ic/ is full of people with lots of self esteem, and no skills to match.
This, tbqh

/ic/ seems to attract all the pretentious morons. They can "critique" the most popular artists, as well as the old masters, but they couldn't do a REAL work somebody would buy, for save their lifes.

>>2504508
You better stay away from here, if you need shit to be done.
>>
>>2505352
>i'm under the impression that /ic/ is full of people with lots of self esteem, and no skills to match.

That's a lot of shit talking for someone selling themselves so cheap.
>>
>>2504562
lmfao
>>
>>2504792
applibot went in studio only I believe so I don't do work for them anymore.

believe what you want. There are several professional artists that browse the board.

>>2505352
yea and no. A lot of the people here don't even draw they just shitpost all the time.
>>
It think anon is a filipino
>>
Isn't $20 for a character in 4 different configuration a bit cheap? Even if as OP said such character can be done in less than 1 hour, it basically means that someone will want to work for $20/h. I can only see people from third-world countries willing to do such work.
>>
>>2507970
20$ per hour is actually not bad even for developed countries. Of course not for experienced professionals, but it's a great rate for juniors. But as someone said, OP actually wants 60 commissions, so that's at most 6,6$ per hour, which is fucking laughable.
>>
does upwork allows underage people?
>>
File: 90900_14-15.png (46 KB, 285x277) Image search: [Google]
90900_14-15.png
46 KB, 285x277
>>2504508
kek someone just take the job, and photobash everything muahahah
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.