[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me critique or advice on how to proceed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: D5qCs5G.png (617 KB, 871x863) Image search: [Google]
D5qCs5G.png
617 KB, 871x863
Most of the backdrop is done and Lucas' base shades have been put in (no real lighting is on him yet), but I'm not against any radical changes.

earlier version: http://i.imgur.com/acEFgFP.png
original lineart: http://i.imgur.com/8IjcMAX.png (it portrays more of a windswept moment than the colored version, I think)
>>
>>2498209
the shitty anime character is totally unnecessary. Post next time in the draw thread.
>>
>>2498218
Your feedback tells me nothing worthwhile, but I'll address some things anyway.

I realized I should've posted in the draw thread after I posted this, and corrected myself.

I also have a version without the character in it, but that defeats the purpose. It's a tribute to a specific scene in MOTHER 3.
>http://i.imgur.com/pon0Gr8.png
>>
>>2498218
It's from Mother 3, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2498209
put more detail into the flowers. It looks like he's sitting in a field of popcorn
>>
File: manga1_6.jpg (269 KB, 1200x866) Image search: [Google]
manga1_6.jpg
269 KB, 1200x866
>>2498220
>from mother 3
>this makes it magically not a shitty anime character

look, im glad you like the game but...
>>
>>2498218
See that pencil by your desk ?
Take it up to your neck and be really careful you don't accidentally puncture your jugular.
It would be very unfortunate for you to leave us.
>>
>>2498477
why would he put it by his neck if the intention was to not puncture his jugular

weak burn 2/10
>>
>>2498479
I was trying to go for a passive aggressive attack.
I guess I need to work on that skill.
>>
>>2498209

>advice on how to proceed

depends on the degree of realism youre going for.

pic related for reference

why cant i see the bottom of the clouds? Seems like the field is on a cliff and the horizon line is way below the end of the field.
Straighten the line where the yellow meets the clouds if you want to make your field stretch all the way to the horizon.
increase the gradient of lightblue to dark blue of your sky as you go upward.
>>
>>2498616
in the game, the field WAS on a cliff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twKf_c6I84I
>>
>>2498471
I think the point is that he wanted to do an image about that particular character standing in a field of sunflowers. His goal wasn't to paint a random field of sunflowers. So you saying that "shitty anime character is totally unnecessary" is objectively wrong and just a really pathetic way of you trying to fit in and be one of the cool kids.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.